IGNORED

Marble Madness 2: Marble Man

DarkSyne

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

So have u seen an underwater level in marble madness 2? because that’s what that one website claims 

No, I'm just saying that they're probably confusing the two games, but I can't be sure since I've never played MM2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:30 AM, BobTheOompaLoompa said:

You do know that there's no guarantee we are getting the ROM in November right?

For sure.  The ORIGINAL version of Crazy Otto was supposed to be in Mame a few years ago, and then was yanked shortly before it was to be put in.   :(    Luckily Scott Lawrence did a perfect recreation of 4 or 5 different versions of the game, from notes, videos and screenshots from Steve Goldson who is the original programmer and owner of said roms.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:32 AM, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Here are some pictures guys!!! 

86A0C02C-43EA-46E7-9075-A8EB35E09EBD.jpeg

C740AD00-7B43-4C1C-A163-A7DEDB959562.jpeg

Just curious, what is the button with the orange light? I have a tankstick and replaced the joysticks with the Dominux 8 from Groovy Game Gear.   Holy smokes!  What a difference.  I configured them for 4-way, and now play Pac-Man and Donkey Kong the way they were meant to be played.  They are expensive, but well worth the price to upgrade the X-Arcade.  I have a Star Wars yoke and a Tron joystick and spinner coming in July, but that will be going into a different panel. Glad to see someone 14 heavily into retro gaming!!

34 minutes ago, scotty said:

Just curious, what is the button with the orange light? I have a tankstick and replaced the joysticks with the Dominux 8 from Groovy Game Gear.   Holy smokes!  What a difference.  I configured them for 4-way, and now play Pac-Man and Donkey Kong the way they were meant to be played.  They are expensive, but well worth the price to upgrade the X-Arcade.  I have a Star Wars yoke and a Tron joystick and spinner coming in July, but that will be going into a different panel. Glad to see someone 14 heavily into retro gaming!!

Idk why there is an orange light button. Idk what it was meant for either 

50 minutes ago, ubersaurus said:

Where did this whole November thing come from anyway? Not like there are going to be any events this year.

True point. There is covid 19 but if you go a few pages back like to page 1 I think his names supergun got to talk with an owner in flordia. And he confirmed that the owner would release the rom. I just hate how doubtful you guys are. Even if the rom isn't going to happen it's not right to be so negative and not having faith into anything. Because I for one actually love atari prototypes and when I here exiting news i never have my Hope's down

Edited by Jack the gamer 3

17 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

But there is always hope with a 50% chance so stop being doubtful ? 

We're not trying to be negative, but based on previous behavior from these collectors it's best to not get your hopes up on something that was loosely promised to begin with. Now I haven't really followed this as well as some of the others on this forum so I can't say for sure, I just don't want to burst your bubble trying to set you up with a realistic expectation of something that may or may not happen. 

That being said I don't want to come across as a negative Nancy, I truly want it to be released at well. I grew up playing Marble Madness on the ol Nintendo when I was about seven years old so I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm about it. The game always left me with the feeling that there was something more to it as only six levels makes it quite short once you master the mechanics. So then after finding out myself a few years back that MM2 existed it was like finding that last piece of the puzzle which finally gives you closure on a long and difficult project. It'll be great to see the sequel to the original version someday when it is released either this year or another time in the future.

Don't give up hope on the game bud. But setting a date on something like this may just bring you disappointment if it doesn't come to pass. Me personally I'd rather be surprised by seeing it be released unexpectedly rather than thinking in my mind there's a certain timeframe it needs to be released by. I'll stay hopeful just like you are, but I'll remain optimistically skeptical until I see some more info from the owner.

• Like 2