IGNORED

PAL exclusive games?

Major_Tom_coming_home

I recently realized what most collectors have probably known all along - PAL games will play on an NTSC Atari by using an older television with an adjustable vertical hold (I suppose they may also work on modern televisions with automatic vertical holds but I haven't tried that). So far the only PAL exclusive I own or have played is Klax. I was wondering if there are any other PAL exclusives worth getting?

Also, I bought a PAL copy of Kangaroo from the same seller that is an Atari red label varient. Apparently, the only NTSC variant of this game is silver. Are there many other Atari published games that have a similar PAL only variant? Thanks!

Here you can check which Red Label Atari titles are PAL only.

http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=2&type=G&label=11&step=200

As for released PAL exclusives from Atari: Klax and Fatal Run.

PAL originals:
http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=2&type=G&format=1&original=1&step=200

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

It's a surprise they actually released Fatal Run considering how bad the code is I mean how bad it handles the TV signal... I don't have the original cartridge but it was impossible to display the thing in Harmony properly and Omegamatrix did the fix but I am really surprised it was released.

Yeah, we need more of those, Thomas. How 'bout:

Astrowar

Forest

Frisco

Go Go Home Monster

Klax

Mission 3000

Mr Postman

Panda Chase

Sea Monster

Ski Hunt

Ski Run

Snail Against Squirrel

Time Warp

Words-Attack

Hmmm?

Yes, I sent all of the new conversions to Albert quite a while ago, but he hasn't been able to add them to the conversion page yet.

Yes, I sent all of the new conversions to Albert quite a while ago, but he hasn't been able to add them to the conversion page yet.

That's great news, and thank you for that. Just knowing they've been converted for posterity is sufficient. I'm sure Al will get around to it eventually.