IGNORED

Air Cars

Xgames

So i just recently purchased a copy of Air Cars ! Not knowing to much about the gameplay i decided to nab up the only copy i could find

as i started to play more and more the game opened up a bit for me. At first it seemed to be just another hoverstrike type clone which still isnt bad considering i love Hoverstrike . But i noticed the missions and maps and the different weapons and power ups that show up on the map to help keep those weapons going was a nice aspect in the game now what i am wondering is,is Air Cars 100% complete and ? Also what did all of you think about Air cars. For me i love how the maps and weapons with the power ups are i havent came across any bosses yet i dont even now f this game has any as i cant find much info on this game. In any event you guys let me know what you all thought about Air cars aswell compared to other Jag titles within its genre .

Don't know if its 100% complete, but I think it is.

I think it is a ok game, fast fps, a 3d that Jaguar could handle. I have played it all trough. And as a Jaglink owner it's a must have (x2).

The biggest flaw in the game to me is the endless of lives. All you get is statistics at the end of each level. That's not good enough. If you had lets say 6 lives per level, it would be difficult and meaningful to play. As it is now, with endless lives, there is no challenge more than patience.

The game has a cool end game pic.

So i just recently purchased a copy of Air Cars ! Not knowing to much about the gameplay i decided to nab up the only copy i could find

as i started to play more and more the game opened up a bit for me. At first it seemed to be just another hoverstrike type clone which still isnt bad considering i love Hoverstrike . But i noticed the missions and maps and the different weapons and power ups that show up on the map to help keep those weapons going was a nice aspect in the game now what i am wondering is,is Air Cars 100% complete and ? Also what did all of you think about Air cars. For me i love how the maps and weapons with the power ups are i havent came across any bosses yet i dont even now f this game has any as i cant find much info on this game. In any event you guys let me know what you all thought about Air cars aswell compared to other Jag titles within its genre .

The game can be ran in a JagLink game just like what Atlantis said your going to need a other copy of the game and a other jag its a fun game in a two player JagLink game. All you have are just the missions no bosses.

Edited by walter_J64bit

There are bosses. IIRC the last level even has you facing all the bosses at once.

I like the game, although the graphics take a little getting used to. There is a bit of diversity with the different environments (desert, snow .etc), some decent level design, and the arcade-like shield and weapon system that you noted.

I don't think I've ever played a game in the genre that wasn't flawed in some way. I think Aircars biggest flaw is the graphics. I like Shockwave 2 but it's a little too complex for its own good.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Yes, a boss every 8 level or so, it's a ringing sound when it's boss-time.

The last boss on Mars is as said all bosses at once, and going in circles they'll shoot at each other which is a lot of fun (A.I. idiocy kind of fun), with a boss turret/tower standing last for you to take out.

I think the entire game takes place under one night, a night raid, and some of the last stages before going to Mars is at dawn with blue misty sky. A cool variation.

A Jaglink 2-player games we run as this: the one with most player kills when map is completed wins.

This plays out with a first duel between the two players, the one winning that one will start to take on to complete the mission objecrives to open the exit portal, enter it and win, before the other one comes to take out the first player setting deuce. We play that deuce is a loss-loss game, so if both players have killed each other once there will be a new duel and sooner otr later the map is over and the game is over. It's a lot of fun playing it this way.

You don't have to wait for Air cars cart to pop up on Ebay, you an buy them here new: http://myatari.com/

Order articles:
JAGAIR Aircars B&C release $50. No box/or manual.
JAGAIRM Aircars B&C release $70. Shrunk With manual and white insert, no box.

You can buy it with or without manual. and manual can be read here for the history, setting and fluff for free: http://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SystemID=JAGUAR&SoftwareID=2530&ItemTypeID=MANUAL

The manual read adds a lot to the mood imo

Edited by Atlantis

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any significant difference between Aircars and Aircars '94? Which one is the better version to get if you don't have it?

The 94 version is the earliest known verison, so its a bit rougher than the other 2 versions. The frame rate in particular seems to be half the the other two. AC94 is still the only traditionally boxed version with a manual and an overlay.

On another note the original manual is a bit hard to find, but really is there any need for this ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221809391086?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

even B&C will charge you $20 for a copy of the manual! Today I went ahead and ordered a new run of the original manual, but with a nice cover on it, so it looks like a Jaguar manual should. Should cost a lot less than $20 even with postage from the UK!

Edited by Gaztee
  • Like 2

The 94 version is the earliest known verison, so its a bit rougher than the other 2 versions. The frame rate in particular seems to be half the the other two. AC94 is still the only traditionally boxed version with a manual and an overlay.

On another note the original manual is a bit hard to find, but really is there any need for this ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221809391086?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

even B&C will charge you $20 for a copy of the manual! Today I went ahead and ordered a new run of the original manual, but with a nice cover on it, so it looks like a Jaguar manual should. Should cost a lot less than $20 even with postage from the UK!

I guess there isn't a reason for it. But I can see myself buying the crappy 94 addition just for that Overlay. I know a lot of people think overlays are throwaways but I think they add tremendously to gameplay and the love of using that controller. Im still hunting down all three Aliens vs Predators overlays.....dang it

I wouldn't call AC94 crappy. We knew it wasn't the best version but at least we put the effort in to make it look like a proper release!

If all you want is an aircars overlay,I still have the box set available which includes an overlay. Will shortly include the manual too!

I wouldn't call AC94 crappy. We knew it wasn't the best version but at least we put the effort in to make it look like a proper release!

If all you want is an aircars overlay,I still have the box set available which includes an overlay. Will shortly include the manual too!

Gatz how about Aircars KA? Did that code disappear? I think people would be up for a run of the "Ultimate" Aircars if the code and rights could be secured...

• Like 1

Gatz how about Aircars KA? Did that code disappear? I think people would be up for a run of the "Ultimate" Aircars if the code and rights could be secured...

I believe Willand has already stated that betaphase games will look at doing another run of KA. Not sure how big of a run they'll do, as the last one took an age to sell out.

We have plans to do another print, most likely this year, just wrapping up some other stuff first (website still on schedule to go back online this month, with some new Jaguar and Lynx features and at least one new release). As Gaztee said, the game sold really slowly though, so it wasn't top on our list.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "did that code disappear" though? What is the code necessary for? While it'd be interesting to have available I doubt it'd be of much use to anyone.

I don't know if anyone else has it (I read Doug and Steve may have possibly had copies), but one of our dev computers had what looks to be the hoverstrike dev environment that we'd probably share if it isn't already out and if anyone cares... I think that'd be more interesting personally.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old one, but since I am playing this game now and I have not been able to find the answer I am rehashing this thread. I am playing Air Cars and I understand there is a boss every 8 levels or so. I am on Level 1G and I am at the boss which is a tower that shoots double rockets at you. You literally can take 2-3 hits and then you die and it restarts from somewhere else in the world and have to drive back to eventually face and die again.

Has anyone got any clues on how to take this thing out? Is there a force field you can use, or something to allow you not to die so damn fast and actually take the tower out? I've been working on that level for perhaps an hour just dying over and over again. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by UHATEIT

We have plans to do another print, most likely this year, just wrapping up some other stuff first (website still on schedule to go back online this month, with some new Jaguar and Lynx features and at least one new release). As Gaztee said, the game sold really slowly though, so it wasn't top on our list.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "did that code disappear" though? What is the code necessary for? While it'd be interesting to have available I doubt it'd be of much use to anyone.

I don't know if anyone else has it (I read Doug and Steve may have possibly had copies), but one of our dev computers had what looks to be the hoverstrike dev environment that we'd probably share if it isn't already out and if anyone cares... I think that'd be more interesting personally.

Any news on this would love to get a copy of the KA version.

There's bosses in Air Cars?! :rolling:

Yes there are. You cannot go to the next level until you beat the turrent machine gun guy at the end of Level 1G. Call it what you want to call it, boss or not, you cannot move on with the warp until you beat him. I assume since this game has been around for a while, has anyone figured out what is needed to beat the turret and move on? You can only take a few shots before you die and it restarts over, anyone figured it out?