IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

The man who asked to be entrusted 2M$ claimed (later) he didn't know what was going on and didn't have the expertise on some key matters in this debacle.

I felt his defense was basically shooting himself in the foot and claiming he's in pain from the wound. It is a good thing this stopped, even for him.

Well, feigning ignorance may have served him well in the past ... you know, the kind of "I just work here" ... what's funny is he also convinced the other 4 or 5 big wigs in the team that everything was under control ..... I guess they feigned ignorance too in the end "they just worked there" kind of a deal.

Either that or "you can't fix stupid" (as my favorite comedian puts it).

For only $150 investment, YOU and 9 of your friends (who also have $150 each) can be Wholesalers for Retroland!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-VideoGame-Magazine-Retro-Replay-Vol-1-35-Issue-Wholesale-Lot-/272324514918?hash=item3f67ce5466:g:aaIAAOSwaB5Xm9na

Just resell and make lots of money - simple at that! *

* Your results may vary.

• Like 3

"We have a small surplus."

It probably sounded better than "I've got an enormous pile of unsold magazines that just aren't moving, and I need to make back the money that I stupidly lost on the most expensive SNEZZZZZZZZZZ in history, so will somebody please take these off my hands already?!?!?!"

• Like 4

Edit2: move to new thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255563-what-was-the-ouya-prototype-board/

anyone interesting in finding the Ouya 'Prototype' board?

https://youtu.be/U39L4mEyIRc?t=3s

It's obviously a manufactured board (with added random wires, a speaker or mic and IC's).

It looks like a tablet board to me.

Edit;

http://ouya.wiki/OUYA_Inc

On July 19, Boxer8 confirmed having a working prototype with in-progress software and user interface.[2] Robert Bowling, former Creative Strategist at Infinity Ward, announced in a blog post and through an update on the Ouya Kickstarter page that his newly formed studio Robotoki would be the first developer to commit to creating a game exclusively for the Ouya.[3]

It mentions the prototype as software.. not hardware

Edited by gwald

So Ouya didn't have a prototype board!

They had this: an NVIDIA Reference.

That's still a prototype board; the fact that the Ouya project didn't manufacture it themselves is irrelevant. Boards like that one are designed specifically for rapid prototyping; they used it exactly as it was intended to be used.

Why are you bringing the Ouya prototype into this, anyway? Are you suggesting that there was some kind of "double standard" because Mike wasn't allowed on Kickstarter for not having a prototype? The Ouya's off-the-shelf development board, based on the same hardware they intended to use in the final product and running their own software, was a valid proof of concept. The RVGS/Chameleon "prototypes", on the other hand, amounted to nothing but a badly-disguised SNEZZZZZZZZZZ and hot air from Mike's lungs.

• Like 2

So Ouya didn't have a prototype board!

They had this: an NVIDIA Reference.

How is that not a prototype board? It looks like a prototype board to me. They developed the OUYA dashboard and software on it. Anything that ran on that board would run on the production OUYA. There is no harm, no foul there. Are you confused because they hadn't yet formed it into the final cube shape?

Also, this.

70484398.jpg

• Like 5

How is that not a prototype board? It looks like a prototype board to me. They developed the OUYA dashboard and software on it. Anything that ran on that board would run on the production OUYA. There is no harm, no foul there. Are you confused because they hadn't yet formed it into the final cube shape?

Also, this.

70484398.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if originally that was a picture of Mike going in and sneaking his magazine onto store shelves.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if originally that was a picture of Mike going in and sneaking his magazine onto store shelves.

LOL that's a funny thought.

Though giving things away doesn't really seem like his style.

Buy low, sell high, simple as that.

He used to walk around swap meets with a concealed camera and brag on youtube about all the stuff he picked up to resell. You are TheClassyGamer and he is not. https://youtu.be/h5HhTkgpmDA?t=11m13s

We exhibited at the Revival classic gaming expo in the UK this past weekend, had a great time playing games, drinking beer, and talking to listeners. We showed off the NY toy fair prototype at our booth and it was amazing just how many people knew all about it. Some knew every detail, some knew the big picture but over and over there was instant recognition, it really is a global thing. I experienced the same when I stopped into some gaming stores in Germany and France, they all heard of it. For someone that wanted to be a famous figure in video gaming he sure pulled it off, be careful what you wish for.

http://retromash.com/2016/08/03/revival-solstice-july-2016-retrogaming-event/

• Like 12

We exhibited at the Revival classic gaming expo in the UK this past weekend, had a great time playing games, drinking beer, and talking to listeners. We showed off the NY toy fair prototype at our booth and it was amazing just how many people knew all about it. Some knew every detail, some knew the big picture but over and over there was instant recognition, it really is a global thing. I experienced the same when I stopped into some gaming stores in Germany and France, they all heard of it. For someone that wanted to be a famous figure in video gaming he sure pulled it off, be careful what you wish for.

http://retromash.com/2016/08/03/revival-solstice-july-2016-retrogaming-event/

Priceless ("Cos, cartridges" .... LOL)

20160730_114342.jpg

The only way to make it even better is convince Piko to give you the "test game" ROMs and have it run for people to play with.

(although running it with a simple SD2SNES to show that ... it works .... it must be real ... it's not a SNEZZZZ, may be enough)

At this point, I would LOVE to see the Jag shells legit repurposed for Chinese SNES clones, with some hokey name like "Super Chameleon Mega Power Happy System '97"

Al, if someone in Hong Kong makes you an offer, go for it!

• Like 5

At this point, I would LOVE to see the Jag shells legit repurposed for Chinese SNES clones, with some hokey name like "Super Chameleon Mega Power Happy System '97"

I'd buy that for a dollar. Especially if they could make them smaller than the real jag (a famiclone is the size of a pack of gum), and fill in the silly gap in the top of the shell.

• Like 1