IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

At least, I've keep track (screenshots) of all my conversations with Mike and his "hardware guru"

Again. Sorry

Sincerely

J-F

Any chance that you can release that?

Now that we know Mike's crowdfunding idea was a plan to commit outright fraud, can you break NDA?

• Like 7

Any chance that you can release that?

Now that we know Mike's crowdfunding idea was a plan to commit outright fraud, can you break NDA?

Sure thing!

I'm not going to look like a fool because of them

They clearly promised is a "REAL" prototype and many more things....

Hence why I posted this a week ago on my FB page

"Screw me once and I'll screw you twice"

I was referring to them

• Like 21

Alright guys, I looked through my stash and I still need to search in a few more places but unfortunately I don't think I saved a full copy of the Gamester81 interview. Now that I remember it, the audio on Mike's end was so shitty and unusable it wasn't worth saving the whole thing. Plus, I didn't expect Gamester81 to delete his own video.

But I did save the last three minutes, which is all I needed for a video I was making at the time.

It's still pretty good, Mike wraps up his selling points for why you should give money to his project so we don't lose out on "all this awesomeness!" Plus there's the typical name drops, blaming the community, and if you have "good solid questions that deserve to be answered" send him a PM! It's all pretty funny to listen to in hindsight and you get the gist of how the "interview" was a glorified soap box for Mike to spit out his lies and empty promises.

https://youtu.be/lgJWJ3rBT1s

• Like 5

Alright guys, I looked through my stash and I still need to search in a few more places but unfortunately I don't think I saved a full copy of the Gamester81 interview. Now that I remember it, the audio on Mike's end was so shitty and unusable it wasn't worth saving the whole thing. Plus, I didn't expect Gamester81 to delete his own video.

But I did save the last three minutes, which is all I needed for a video I was making at the time.

It's still pretty good, Mike wraps up his selling points for why you should give money to his project so we don't lose out on "all this awesomeness!" Plus there's the typical name drops, blaming the community, and if you have "good solid questions that deserve to be answered" send him a PM! It's all pretty funny to listen to in hindsight and you get the gist of how the "interview" was a glorified soap box for Mike to spit out his lies and empty promises.

I love how he says "...good, solid questions that deserve to be answered..." "...we'd love to answer them."

No answers on the 'prototypes' have yet materialized....

• Like 4

Not anymore ;)

Plus, they clearly lied to us all those time

This is what I am trying to tell others I know involved in this that have signed NDA's. As long as Mike or RVGS Inc broke the contract first, you are free to discuss it. The contract is null and void.

• Like 8

Not anymore ;)

Thank you!

I hope others will speak up and tell us what was their "big surprise" that was hidden behind the NDA. He has no NDA defense now, it would be like Bernie Madoff telling all of his associates they can't testify against him because they're under NDA. It's called the "clean hands" doctrine. http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=211

• Like 2

yikes

Looking forward to your next full video on it (your others are great now that I've looked them up)

https://youtu.be/U_4qn52MHI8

pat's got a good recap up too.

• Like 8

Not anymore ;)

Regardless of if you signed an NDA, in order for the NDA to hold water there needs to be a product in at the very least design prototyping stages, all RVGS have is purchased pre-existing molds, modified 3D of Interworks controller, and a gutted Snes JR, in order to nail anyone with an NDA they would need to prove, in court, that they have a tangible prototype and that said prototype existed when you "broke the NDA", and how can I say this nicely?.. I'm guessing taking someone to court and having to prove they haven't been lying in order to nail someone for breaking an NDA, would involve hastilly making a prototype in the first place then praying the third parties you use to develop it don't come forward and let slip when they had it made.

I.e., you're pretty much untouchable because all they have is hot air.

• Like 3

Regardless of if you signed an NDA, in order for the NDA to hold water there needs to be a product in at the very least design prototyping stages, all RVGS have is purchased pre-existing molds, modified 3D of Interworks controller, and a gutted Snes JR, in order to nail anyone with an NDA they would need to prove, in court, that they have a tangible prototype and that said prototype existed when you "broke the NDA", and how can I say this nicely?.. I'm guessing taking someone to court and having to prove they haven't been lying in order to nail someone for breaking an NDA, would involve hastilly making a prototype in the first place then praying the third parties you use to develop it don't come forward and let slip when they had it made.

I.e., you're pretty much untouchable because all they have is hot air.

NDA or not ... I'm going to speak no matter what

They're not doing any better

I'm mean, besides making us looking like fools .....wich they doesn't seems to care at all

• Like 7

If someone in the US wants to dig a little deeper, you can call Interworks Unlimited Inc via the phone number on their page - http://www.interworks-usa.com/#!contact/c24vq to query whether or not they are aware of or working with RetroVGS on the controller, because the shape/design is more or less identical, and may well be of legal interest to IUI if they aren't working with RVGS.

Mike, if you're reading this, and you likely are given the poopstorm happening right now, your only real option is to come clean and give up, nobody at this point is going to trust you even if you do find someone to build an actual working board, so the least you can do is salvage what little is left by dropping the smoke and mirrors and apologizing to the community for the deception.

• Like 2

I'm mean, besides making us looking like fools .....wich they doesn't seems to care at all

exactly, no need to be loyal to someone that doesnt care to drag your name/reputation through the mud

• Like 3

My favourite recent Mike quotes were on the SegaNerds podcast that you linked to before: https://soundcloud.com/seganerds-1/coleco-chameleon-new-york-toy-fair-2016-interview-with-mike-kennedy

How much worse does all this nonsense look now that the 3rd consecutive prototype has been shown to be fake?

4:18 and actually we had a prototype before he [John Carlsen] got involved, we were working with another group, this goes back to about January of last year, 2015, and we had Neo Geo games running on our prototype board. We were using Neo Geo to test it, I remember we were, they were doing heat tests, running it for 24 hours in a shoe box, y'know we were doing this kind of stuff, it didn't have the FPGA in it then. But then that team got hired away by a bigger company, one of the guys did, and then that kind of fell apart, and then that's when I found John.

4:48 And at the same time that we found John, Steve started reading about FPGAs and we thought we maybe need to think about doing this FPGA thing. So everything changed, we couldn't use what we had done before, what the other guys did before, and then it kind of when on this whole thing that we just talked about. And now, we've just, we kept the FPGA in it, it wasn't the FPGA that made this thing so god-awful expensive, because it's not that expensive. We're using the Cyclone V, it's the big one, it's the one Kevin Horton uses in all his FPGAs. So we thought hey if he's using it, y'know and it's good enough, then that's what we want to use. I'm trying to mend the fence with Kevin, I've sent him a couple of emails y'know. But in the meantime we've actually purchased 2 cores, we've got an Intellivision core and an Amiga core, that was done from someone else, and so we paid for those, nowhere near what Kevin was asking for his.

Who were these mysterious Neo Geo creating hardware guys? It sounds like they were even more skilled than 'Li/Lee', who chooses an FPGA family based on what someone else is using.

• Like 1

If someone in the US wants to dig a little deeper, you can call Interworks Unlimited Inc via the phone number on their page - http://www.interworks-usa.com/#!contact/c24vq to query whether or not they are aware of or working with RetroVGS on the controller, because the shape/design is more or less identical, and may well be of legal interest to IUI if they aren't working with RVGS.

I emailed them a few weeks ago, inquiring about their USB model that Mike was showing off. Didn't hear anything - I hope they haven't been deluged by others with the same idea!

Wow a subscriber with 3 posts, nice!

• Like 2

I would start by reading the NDA very carefully. No need to get into legal trouble over this. If you've been deceived by Mike, and just say that, most people will get it, without you having to break the terms of the NDA.

• Like 3

Wow. Just wow. I mean, we all knew it was fake, but to think he could try something like this AGAIN... three times now!... is just insane. So all he did was put an LED on the board and glued some USB ports to the front.

I hope his magazine goes under. I hope his reputation turns so sour no one would ever hire the guy, even outside the gaming sector. I hope this guy gets everything he deserves for being the crook he really is.

And to think he made fun of all of us. He bad mouthed this community endlessly because we dared to doubt him, and we dared to figure out the truth to protect ourselves.

Albert. Kudos to you. You won the internet today, my friend.

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 3