IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

So you are saying we are releasing fake consoles? Where did you hear that? I'd like to see the proof. Those are strong accusations.

worse than calling the community you are part of "cash cows".

Cheers!

Nope, I never said that. You should learn to read.

And if you are taking the 'cash cows' from a private message I sent you, I was implying that you seem to consider the people who would do the conversion work for you as your 'cash cows' and not the community.

Add to the fact that homebrew people have been producing carts for years now funded by themselves, and you want to START A KICKSTARTER for one.... and you are supposed to be a real company!

Anyway, your on my ignore list. Congratulations.

• Like 3

I can't quite understand why Mike just didn't re-released the Jaguar with new games?

During the last few days here in AA I found out that it is somewhat easy to convert Atari ST games to Jaguar. My mind exploded!

Quickly I went through our portfolio and found 4 games that we could convert and release in carts!

Converting Atari ST games to Jaguar? Wow. So, maybe North & South could end up on an Atari Jaguar cartridge?

That version is on par with the Amiga version, yes? I usually play the NES version since it requires less than the Amiga

version, needing a keyboard and all.

That idea sounds great!

The person making those comments is incredibly self-serving and ridiculous.

Don't know how many people go to Digital Press now a days, but a Coleco Chameleon shill (most like Mike Kennedy or a close associate) is posting in the thread there. Pretty hilarious stuff.

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?174020-RetroVGS-Coleco-Chameleon-New-Retro-Console-Epic-Disaster&p=2036009&viewfull=1#post2036009

Don't know how many people go to Digital Press now a days, but a Coleco Chameleon shill (most like Mike Kennedy or a close associate) is posting in the thread there. Pretty hilarious stuff.

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?174020-RetroVGS-Coleco-Chameleon-New-Retro-Console-Epic-Disaster&p=2036009&viewfull=1#post2036009

Now that's what you call a troll. So much more effective than Janus.
  • Like 3

I actually do take offense that you call the guys Ive worked with since day one cash cows. You can call me whatever you like, but the Piko would not be around if it wasnt for the team that has been supporting, helping and doing the impossible.

I think you owe them an apology.

as for your homebrewer comment, I think you should check on people before making negative conclusions; check around what we do.

also-

1.- Easier than making a game from acratch

2.- kickstarter is for NES, Snes, genesis, amiga, turbografx, pc and would have loved to add jaguar.

I do homebrew runs for a living. We are using kickstarter as a marketing outlet because this project we want it to be soo big. We can do it by our selves, but i dont think it would reach enough people.

For the rest of the people, LOOK MIKE! >>>
  • Like 2

Pmed him asking about converting atari st to Jaguar games. He got pissed, and told me I have cash cows.

So I guess our games would not be coming to the Jaguar after all :).

Nothig major, move on!

Ahh, no.

I declined, you repeatedly kept asking. I implied you thought your developers were cash cows.

Nothing to see here, move on!

• Like 3

On an interesting side note I discovered totally randomly, YouTuber AlphaOmegaSin is apparently pissed off at the hatred Gamester81 has gotten (whether it's here, on FB, Twitter, Youtube, I don't know) and was bitching at Pat for blaming him as being involved with the CC in his latest video (which I don't think he did). I saw this on Alpha's Twitter. Not sure if he is going to make a video about it (the little guy has a big mouth and rants quite good), but if he does it could lead to a bit of a shit show. I'll give him the fact I don't think Gamester81 is pretty much innocent, however usually from the videos I've seen of his, AlphaOmegaSin would rant for 10 minutes on anyone who gave a softball interview to a guy like Mike, so it kind of surprised me he had such a strong opinion against Pat and was so pro-Gamester81.

From what I gather, he blames Pat for people out for Gamester81's blood, when as far as I know, it all came here from those dark couple days where people started wanted Mike's grandma's sister's cousin's dog's puppy lynched. Either way it's all on his Twitter if anyone wants in on the action.

I can't stand AlphaOmegaSin...Another youtuber that knows exactly how business works, and knows exactly what Nintendo/Sega/

Konami should do to be succesful. He's just a small dude that is all wired up yelling at make-believe persons off-camera. It's toe-

curling to watch.

• Like 8

So anyway, getting back on topic ...

I asked earlier what possible appeal the Chameleon could have for its most ardent backers, since it doesn't offer anything they can't already have. Kevin Bow posted a follow-up to his earlier comments on Facebook which gives an interesting look into the backers' thought processes:

bow2.png

(Funny, my newest game console is a Dreamcast, too.)

• Like 9

dommie, on 03 Mar 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:snapback.png

Those molds are cursed. They need to be encased in concrete and buried somewhere. As for why do they still exist - the Jag was discontinued in 96, and didn't Atari file for bankruptcy the same year? Probably why the Jag was discontinued anyway. So they begin selling assets to cover debt. Off they go - to who knows where, when they are eventually picked up by the dental cam people for probably a song.

Why so they could be dug up 30 years from now and some poor souls go on a video documentary and open the encased block to get their faces melted off like the poor bastards in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Naw, these molds need to be blown to bits, packed into a Rocket and shot out into space for the Extra Terrestrials to deal with..

You'll regret that when our alien overlords show up with Jag case death ray weapons and enslave us all. Too risky.

I think the only solution is to take them to Mt. Doom and throw them in the fire from which they were forged.

• Like 5

Ahh, no.

I declined, you repeatedly kept asking. I implied you thought your developers were cash cows.

Repeatedly?

First I asked you said "not interested" then I thought "Duh! I didn't mentioned it is a paid gig, let me tell him" sent a second one.

repeatedly =/= 2

Anyways, as I said, good luck on your future endeavours.

You still owe an apology to your fellow game developers.

Edited by PikoInteractive

I asked earlier what possible appeal the Chameleon could possibly have for its most ardent backers, since it doesn't really offer anything they can't already have. Kevin Bow posted a follow-up to his earlier comments on Facebook which gives an interesting look at the backers' thought process:

attachicon.gifbow2.png

His reasoning makes no sense to me.

• Like 4

Yeesh. I guess now I know why dealing with the Jaguar community here requires a thick skin. ._.

If you have a jaguar shell handy, i've got a Snes Jr so we can complete the picture!

Hey now, don't forget the PCI cards, loose LEDs, and electrical tape.

And hey, why stop at just a DVR? Could easily stuff a Soundblaster in there too, for some quality audio punch.

I asked earlier what possible appeal the Chameleon could possibly have for its most ardent backers, since it doesn't really offer anything they can't already have. Kevin Bow posted a follow-up to his earlier comments on Facebook which gives an interesting look at the backers' thought process:

attachicon.gifbow2.png

This Kevin fellow has a way with words, I see. Reminds me of a few people I knew on other forums...

So, the idea of just having it next to his TV to show off to friends sounded "fun" to him? I'm not sure I follow his line of thinking, there. Might just be wording it very poorly, but it seems a little nonsensical.

• Like 4

Exactly. That's why I thought it was so interesting. They can't explain why they're so much in love with the idea of the Chameleon, and yet they continue to love it, even in the face of damning evidence that the whole thing is a sham. Mike Kennedy apparently has a way of connecting with these people on a raw emotional level which inspires incredible loyalty. I think that's why all the logical arguments in threads like this one haven't penetrated these people: you can't argue someone out of a position that they didn't argue themselves into.

• Like 10

Agreed. Is he some sort of technophobe? Why just up and stop at the Saturn or Dreamcast if you still enjoy video gaming? Maybe he only has CRTs in his house? But the RVGS was supposed to be HDMI only, right? So I guess that's not it.

• Like 2

So, the idea of just having it next to his TV to show off to friends sounded "fun" to him? I'm not sure I follow his line of thinking, there. Might just be wording it very poorly, but it seems a little nonsensical.

It be like saying I got a 5 GHz i7 on my desk, wait'll they see it! It's implied it will be used and not just for decoration.

Which kinda makes me ask, "what IS so special about the CC/RVGS"? What are these neo-retrogamers seeing in it? Help me to understand!

Edited by Keatah

Converting Atari ST games to Jaguar? Wow. So, maybe North & South could end up on an Atari Jaguar cartridge?

That version is on par with the Amiga version, yes? I usually play the NES version since it requires less than the Amiga

version, needing a keyboard and all.

That idea sounds great!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/

Pmed him asking about converting atari st to Jaguar games. He got pissed, and told me I have cash cows.

So I guess our games would not be coming to the Jaguar after all :).

Nothig major, move on!

Cash cows? You probably paid handsome investments to secure the rights to many of those properties, some of which have not yet recouped investment. And it takes a lot of work to assemble those carts. Unless there is some unknown Mario or Sonic level of greatness prototype somewhere that you have acquired the rights to, I think "cash cow" is a poor choice of words.

Unrelated, but with the reality that future homebrews by yourself or Collectorvision may be released on multiple 16-bit platforms, ie SNES/Genesis/TG-16, etc, I may have to do some serious thinking about pros and cons of each port to decide which version to get. Some people will buy them two or three times over on different platforms. I have Chunkout for 2600, NES, and GBC, and each plays differently to the others.

Also sorry you couldn't get Jag releases. I don't own a Jag but cool to see stuff get published for it.

How can we be sure Kevin Bow is REAL, personally I think he was a plant account

I think he's real. Saw him posting on a YouTube video with his real name. Albert connected the Facebook and his YouTube avatar. His last name isn't bow but bow is in his last name.

• Like 4

Also sorry you couldn't get Jag releases. I don't own a Jag but cool to see stuff get published for it.

That's the magic of it being 'somewhat easy' - he can get some released because it'll be simple to find someone who can do them :P

• Like 3

Sorry, Albert. I'll try to remember my own advice: stop feeding the trolls.

On a more interesting note: Nintendo Legend has just posted an interview with Steve Tom Sawyer, a former Mike Kennedy associate. I've only just started listening, but so far it sounds very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl754JuG1vw&feature=youtu.be

Is this the same guy?

http://theralphretort.com/side-story-steve-tom-sawyer-faces-music/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstGamerGate/comments/2odi7r/why_doesnt_gamergate_care_about_steve_tom_sawyers/

I seriously just googled Steve Tom Sawyer.

IF he is, more and more colorful characters appear!!!

@Admins: if it's off the mark (or it's a different Steve Tom Sawyer) please delete, I am not trying to get banned from the thread or AA.

• Like 4