IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Exactly. That's why I thought it was so interesting. They can't explain why they love it so much, and yet they continue to love it, even in the face of damning evidence that the whole thing is a sham. Mike Kennedy apparently has a way of connecting with these people on a raw emotional level which inspires incredible loyalty.

It might be as simple as an appeal to nostalgia. It's not really something one can easily explain their love for, beyond "I just do" and little else. I have similar feelings about different things, myself. They (Mike) promised to bring back cartridges, revive old platforms, bring in new games on carts, etc. And people bought into that. I imagine anyone that holds that kind of thing very dear to their heart (and doesn't know to temper their expectations, do a little research, and exercise caution) would drop everything and support this kind of undertaking, regardless if such a thing even has place or relevance in the modern market. Maybe as some way to satisfy their inner desire for a return to "the better times" or something. Maybe trying to appeal to the novelty factor, like it did for me, back when I was considering this. Some part of them just doesn't want to let go of that hope that maybe, just maybe, something like this will happen. Though that's just a random assumption. Some people refuse to take off their rose-colored glasses, I suppose.

...What does confuse me though is that the Saturn and Dreamcast (both a favorite of Mr. Bow, as it appears) are CD-based consoles, not cartridge-based. Maybe I'm missing another post he made referring to carts, but I dunno. It doesn't make any sense to me, just looking at those posts in the screencap by themselves.

• Like 1

Is this the same guy?

http://theralphretort.com/side-story-steve-tom-sawyer-faces-music/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstGamerGate/comments/2odi7r/why_doesnt_gamergate_care_about_steve_tom_sawyers/

I seriously just googled Steve Tom Sawyer.

IF he is, more and more colorful characters appear!!!

@Admins: if it's off the mark (or it's a different Steve Tom Sawyer) please delete, I am not trying to get banned from the thread or AA.

Oh wow I remember reading the entire twitter feed the days it happened. the dude is off his rocker

I just finished up reading about these failed/vaporware systems linked earlier. I knew about the Phantom before but had never heard about the Indrema L600.

I found a great piece of text on the Indrema wiki-page that Mike could really take to heart:

"After being unable to raise enough capital to mass-produce the console, Indrema shut down on April 6, 2001. In his last Indrema chat session, Gildred revealed that the company needed more than $10,000,000 in capital in order to continue and gave the following advice to the next video game startup: "finish product before talking about it."

Edited by Raticon
  • Like 7

It be like saying I got a 5 GHz i7 on my desk, wait'll they see it! It's implied it will be used and not just for decoration.

Which kinda makes me ask, "what IS so special about the CC/RVGS"? What are these neo-retrogamers seeing in it? Help me to understand!

To me, the console is not being aimed at retro gamers at all but rather the casual that gets bitten by the nostalgia bug and doesn't know any better.

• Like 3

How can we be sure Kevin Bow is REAL, personally I think he was a plant account

He is real. I think his real name is Kevin Bowler or something, I've seen him on YouTube commenting on some of my videos.

I used to think he might be a fake account used by Mike because they live in the same city, what are the odds of that?? But the way they write is completely different, it can't be him. But I wouldn't rule out that they might know each other somehow.

This may be a stretch but is Mike Kennedy a Jimmy Buffet fan?

Parrot Head...Flamgini... (a flamingo reference?)

I know it sounds like I'm reaching, just thinking out loud.

lol, I can imagine Mike being a Jimmy Buffet fan.

• Like 3

heeeeeeey guys :D

so just for a youtube check, 8 more vids about CC posted to youtube today, some rants, some parodies again. heres the link again.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=EgIIAg%253D%253D&q=coleco+chameleon

this one's pretty good too, just finished listenin to what he had to say. i'll check the steve tom sawyer interview next, thanks for sharing that one.

• Like 3

Sorry, Albert. I'll try to remember my own advice: stop feeding the trolls.

On a more interesting note: Nintendo Legend has just posted an interview with Steve Tom Sawyer, a former Mike Kennedy associate. I've only just started listening, but so far it sounds very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl754JuG1vw&feature=youtu.be

This is a wonderful interview. I urge anyone to seeking insight into Mike's past to listen the whole thing.

The interviewee pitched the Retro Video Game System to Mike as a joke. Mike took the ball and ran with it. Comedy gold right ther. Truth is stranger than fiction...

Also he likened the AA RVGS/Chameleon thread to heroine addiction. I'm hooked! :rolling:

• Like 4

companies and investors lose money on gambits.

You're right. How about if investors do due diligence and ask the right questions but are lied to?

That is fraud.

frankly it takes bluffs sometimes to make things work

Yes but usually there is something there to back it up and the truth is stretched rather than invented.

If harm is happening to people it is due to internet hate lynch mobbing as opposed to a failed project.

Are you sure you read this thread? It includes a first class example of what you are saying has not happened.

More will come to light if this console ever gets funded.

• Like 8

Don't know how many people go to Digital Press now a days, but a Coleco Chameleon shill (most like Mike Kennedy or a close associate) is posting in the thread there. Pretty hilarious stuff.

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?174020-RetroVGS-Coleco-Chameleon-New-Retro-Console-Epic-Disaster&p=2036009&viewfull=1#post2036009

Well he's a pretty reliable source.

"Just wait. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not even standing by what I'm saying very firmly here."

haha

• Like 1

this one's pretty good too, just finished listenin to what he had to say. i'll check the steve tom sawyer interview next, thanks for sharing that one.

Guy bumbles too much. I stopped listening around 4 minutes in, then I picked back up until 11. It's a rehash of everything that's happened thus far. If you've been following the AA threads since their inception, nothing new here. Yawn...

• Like 3

That reminds me, is there a place where I can see a list of Posts that I "Liked?" I would expect there to be a "Posts I Liked" under Other, similar to "Items I Follow"

Try this:

atariage.com/forums/user/38229-tarzilla/?tab=reputation&app_tab=forums&type=given

• Like 1

Wasn't this released in a Sony PlayStation shell?

Not quite.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/spacecat33/media/Nintendoplaystation.jpg.html

The prototype console on the left was made in limited supplies, something around the 2000 mark. wound up being stuck in some random warehouse. The concept, although almost identical to the released PS1, was never actually released (and AFAIK, never manufactured).

I don't believe the SNES CD prototype (the one that stacks underneath the SNES) actually existed either. I could be wrong on that one though.

Edited by some_canuck