IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I've shipped more than my fair share of stuff. In my experience, the vast, overwhelming, absurd majority of the time, when an item gets lost in the mail, it's due to negligence on the part of the sender. If Mike is having multiple problems with each and every shipment, that's an indictment of his own competence and/or honesty.

The magazine is now nearly as shameful as the Coleco Chameleon. I'm not lowering it quite to that level only because the magazine actually exists.

• Like 3

Wow. I've been away from this thread for a while, only to come back to see people talking about baby food!

But while we're on the subject: have any of you ever actually tried baby food ... I mean, as an adult? I made that mistake once. I don't remember what flavor it was supposed to be, but even though it was "fresh," it tasted like death. No wonder babies gag on the stuff.

I remember a few classmates in college who were into it ... it's very transgressive and taboo if you're a young adult. Seems it was a little fad for a while, too.

Back on topic, the tire fire Retro Patreon is still smoldering.

post-2410-0-99611800-1490884058_thumb.png

I am almost interested in the next issue, featuring Ed Averett who wrote a large number of the games on the Magnavox Odyssey 2. But I think I'll get by with the excellent (and freely available!) interviews by James Hague and William Cassidy.

RETRO #13 Interviews Odyssey 2's Game Slinger, Mr. Ed Averett

Hello RETRO Readers!

I wanted to give you all an update on where we are at with your next issue and our issue #13. All content is in and we've made a few changes, including adding an exclusive interview with the Odyssey 2's game slinger, Mr. Ed Averett. If you do not know Ed, he is the person responsible for designing and programming 24 of the games on the Odyssey 2. Many of Ed's games you should remember: Pickaxe Pete, K.C. Munchkin! and K.C.'s Krazy Chase!, Power Lords and the Odyssey 2's boxed board games. Ed doesn't do many interviews and our's was quite extensive - something you will only read in the pages of RETRO! And thanks to William Culver, he helped make sure Ed autographed my personal Odyssey 2 system at a past Classic Gaming Expo.

On top of that we will partnering with GOG.com. They will be sponsoring a mini-section of classic PC game retrospectives and developer interviews (and discount codes) for games offered in their gaming catalog. Since this is our Survival Horror issue you can expect retrospectives on games like 7th Guest, Phantasmagoria, D and more!

We are working hard to have this issue complete by the end of April, so thanks for your patience while we put the finishing touch on this issue. I know you will enjoy every page!

Please remember to help us continue to grow our Patreon backer base by telling your friends on your social networks. As you can see we are struggling a bit, but even while we still strive to meet our goal I will do what I can to make sure this issue ships even when the goal isn't met.

Thanks again to all of you for believing in RETRO and we hope you are looking forward to receiving your next issue.

Does the shortfall come out of Mike's pocket?

• Like 1

Baby formula is expensive.

My neighborhood drugstore keeps bars of soap locked up.

I guess my neighborhood drugstore is not in the nicest neighborhood.

I heard in some slum areas the drugstores have to lock up mouthwash and even rubbing alcohol because dumbass homeless alcoholic bums would steal it to get drunk. I can't imagine those antiseptics can be good for you consumed in large doses.

Funny story; I had a friend in boarding school once who tried to drink an entire one liter bottle of scope. Poor guy got drunk as hell so the coordinator called the paramedics to have his stomach pumped. When EMS got there, the poor kid had already puked everywhere and was dry heaving over the trashcan, so they didn't even bother with the stomach pump. They just gave him pedialyte to hydrate and replace the fluids he lost. Then they sent him to the hospital overnight for observation and from there he spent about a week at Charter before returning back to the dorm. I had a small bottle of Listerine in my toiletries bag and they confiscated it to the lock box, and from then on, I had to go in the coordinator's room under adult supervision to rinse with it.

• Like 1

Kosmic Stardust, on 30 Mar 2017 - 7:18 PM, said:

I heard in some slum areas the drugstores have to lock up mouthwash and even rubbing alcohol because dumbass homeless alcoholic bums would steal it to get drunk. I can't imagine those antiseptics can be good for you consumed in large doses.

At least the drunks in your area have clean breath! :lolblue:

• Like 1

Not a problem in my area so much. Just I've heard stories of drugstores near inner city slums in major metropolitan areas doing that.

Hairspray is another target back when I lived in the ghetto, though nothing beats Flint MI, I had to go to a wall-greens up there cause a filling popped out during a work trip, they had two armed, vested police officers at the door and inch thick Plexiglas at the checkout counter

wow

oddly enough I went to a ... what can be best described as a harbor freight clearance center and a few thrift stores in the BAD part of that town, and while it was rough and poor the people I encountered there were very polite, probably cause everyone there was a armed killer you didnt want to irritate lol

Edited by Osgeld

Yeah some convenience stores I've been to in Denver have armed guards and/or that crazy bulletproof plexiglass where the clerk talks to you through little holes and takes your money through a 2 inch window...I always thought it was so ridiculous, but by the same token I've always felt that if you robbed a convenience store or shot a clerk, you should get the death penalty. I mean clearly the laws and police have let down neighborhoods where they feel this is necessary.

I had a friend living in Florida who told me some of his neighborhoods were like Grand Theft Auto...He left a convenience store one day, thought he heard something going on as he left, and when he got home he found bullet holes in the side of his car.

I remember a few classmates in college who were into it ... it's very transgressive and taboo if you're a young adult. Seems it was a little fad for a while, too.

Back on topic, the tire fire Retro Patreon is still smoldering.

attachicon.gifliterally on fire.png

I am almost interested in the next issue, featuring Ed Averett who wrote a large number of the games on the Magnavox Odyssey 2. But I think I'll get by with the excellent (and freely available!) interviews by James Hague and William Cassidy.

That deadline for March 29th (originally Feb) for the new goal of 1/2 of the minimum amount necessary for an issue run has come and gone btw...... Simple as that.

• Like 5

Wow. I've been away from this thread for a while, only to come back to see people talking about baby food!

But while we're on the subject: have any of you ever actually tried baby food ... I mean, as an adult? I made that mistake once. I don't remember what flavor it was supposed to be, but even though it was "fresh," it tasted like death. No wonder babies gag on the stuff.

Once while in college, my wife and I gave one of my friends for his birthday a box full of condoms stuffed with sweet pea baby food.

We went to a religious college, by the way, and we were worried we'd be seen buying a box full of condoms.

• Like 3

Once while in college, my wife and I gave one of my friends for his birthday a box full of condoms stuffed with sweet pea baby food.

We went to a religious college, by the way, and we were worried we'd be seen buying a box full of condoms.

Trying to stuff that pea-ness into the condoms must have been hard.

• Like 9

Trying to stuff that pea-ness into the condoms must have been hard.

y7Z0L.jpg

• Like 7

Funny story; I had a friend in boarding school once who tried to drink an entire one liter bottle of scope. Poor guy got drunk as hell so the coordinator called the paramedics to have his stomach pumped. When EMS got there, the poor kid had already puked everywhere and was dry heaving over the trashcan, so they didn't even bother with the stomach pump. They just gave him pedialyte to hydrate and replace the fluids he lost. Then they sent him to the hospital overnight for observation and from there he spent about a week at Charter before returning back to the dorm. I had a small bottle of Listerine in my toiletries bag and they confiscated it to the lock box, and from then on, I had to go in the coordinator's room under adult supervision to rinse with it.

That deadline for March 29th (originally Feb) for the new goal of 1/2 of the minimum amount necessary for an issue run has come and gone btw...... Simple as that.

As I read it, that undated, updated deadline post was about getting on the mailing list for issue 13, which is already more than a year late ...

This very scary issue is already about 60% complete and will coincide with the first quarter release of Resident Evil 7

RE7 came out on January 24th.

Of course, Mr. Kennedy's commitments have never been very solid. This "publisher" doesn't seem to have much of a head for detail.

But we will make adjustments as needed. I will commit to funding the balance of each issue if needed to make sure we get an issue out more or less on time.

What does this even mean?

Why have a numeric goal if you reserve the right to "make adjustments as needed?"

How much does it mean to "commit to funding the balance" if you haven't stated how much that would be?

When is "more or less on time"?

As you can see we are struggling a bit, but even while we still strive to meet our goal I will do what I can to make sure this issue ships even when the goal isn't met.

When he says he will "do what I can," does anyone believe that amounts to a hill of beans in this crazy world?

• Like 3

Well, usually rubbing alcohol is 70% isopropanol... generally not the best of things to consume.

They probably use different means to make 200 proof these days, but idiots used to steal it from labs, and benzene was often used to get out the trace amounts of water. 200 proof+trace of benzene.. probably not good for you either.

Have to keep this on topic somehow. What would 200 proof due to a Jag shell?

Well that whole thought about 200 proof and a Jag shell got me thinking.

Maybe we could model a bottle in the shape of a Jaguar console and use it for our own brand of distilled beverage. We could call it "Nostalgia" and our slogan could be, something along the lines of getting drunk on nostalgia.

I can just imagine a guy sitting saying, "Remember when....." and then taking a drink.

• Like 4

I can just imagine a guy sitting saying, "Remember when....." and then taking a drink.

Well ... depending on how much alcohol is involved I believe a more realistic setting would be like:

Guy1: "Remember when....."

Guy2: "No"

Guy1: "Me either ... ahahahhhahha" (he realizes he's alone, Guy2 is his fictional friend from childhood, only thing he relates to when he blacks out)

• Like 4