IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Sorry if I sound like a troll (which I usually am) but if your standing inches away from a so blatently fake setup that a couple nerds can point it out from a couple low res poorly shot photos

Then yes you are full of shit and are trying to distance yourself

I know parties involved are not Mike , but you sure didn't stick a finger up his ass while standing 3 inches and touching the fraud

Good luck to you

What proceeds? My understanding is you gave them out for free! ;-)

You are correct- I made 25 buttons, and gave them out for free to the top 25 posters in this thread. Unfortunately, not all buttons were claimed, so I have an excess. I figure if someone wants to kick a buck or so to https://www.gofundme.com/cpuwiz I can give them a button.

• Like 9

I have a feeling if this thread dies out, Stop Drop & Retro will start to disappear into non-existence like Marty McFly was doing near the end of Back to the Future..

If the moldy old Atari Jaguar can have a following after all this time, this thread deserves to live forever!

• Like 4

I have a feeling if this thread dies out, Stop Drop & Retro will start to disappear into non-existence like Marty McFly was doing near the end of Back to the Future..

Lol, he did called me pathetic Wannabe for having a PO box on a co-working space in Downtown San Antonio. May be he can do videos about that then?

Edited by PikoInteractive

Speaking of Wannabe, and retro ,,,the Spice Girls song by that name is featured in the new Wimpy Kid movie. We saw a sneak preview over the weekend and it's much better than I expected, with a National Lampoon's Vacation vibe. Alicia Silverstone is 40 now and wears it well, and is very funny and appealing in this.

StoppyDroppy needs more 90's pop in his videos.

Yep. You're absolutely right. I've totally disappeared into non-existence since this thread has died down.

My most viewed Kennedy video to date:

bEB6T51.png

My most viewed work since that fiasco:

wwBDaFs.png

Lol, he did called me pathetic Wannabe for having a PO box on a co-working space in Downtown San Antonio. May be he can do videos about that then?

Yeah, because I'm sure you made it abundantly clear that it was you behind a mass spam email which could only have come from Mike Kennedy's mailing list. Yes, that's exactly how it happened... or was it damage control after the fact?? My memory must be acting up again, maybe I'll read up a few pages back.

• Like 8

Those are great numbers! Congrats. ;-)

I won't presume to speak for S1500, but he may have been referring to AtariAge; not YouTube.

Yep. You're absolutely right. I've totally disappeared into non-existence since this thread has died down.

My most viewed Kennedy video to date:

Yeah, because I'm sure you made it abundantly clear that it was you behind a mass spam email which could only have come from Mike Kennedy's mailing list. Yes, that's exactly how it happened... or was it damage control after the fact?? My memory must be acting up again, maybe I'll read up a few pages back.

• Like 1

Those are great numbers! Congrats. ;-)

I won't presume to speak for S1500, but he may have been referring to AtariAge; not YouTube.

I was referencing good 'ol AtariAge entirely.

SD&R, some constructive criticism on your YouTube vids: I would tighten them up on length. One video I saw(about some gaming hardware) in the middle went off on a long tangent that didn't contribute anything to the video. There's no minimum length for a good video.

I was referencing good 'ol AtariAge entirely.

SD&R, some constructive criticism on your YouTube vids: I would tighten them up on length. One video I saw(about some gaming hardware) in the middle went off on a long tangent that didn't contribute anything to the video. There's no minimum length for a good video.

The thought had crossed my mind that this was your intention. But I dismissed it because that made no sense. If you look at my recent post history I've been enjoying the rest of the AtariAge forums, not just this thread. I even resubscribed, care to do the same?

Thank you for your criticism, I'll hear out any advice. But while we're on that subject, shorter videos are a typical rookie mistake and I'll explain why because it might help other creators viewing this thread.

Short videos don't work because while they might get a few quick views among the subscribers you have now, it does you no favors towards the algorithm that spreads your video to the rest of YouTube. Views are a nice way to judge the success of a video but they don't factor into the algorithm, minutes watched do. So think about it, if you had a six minute video, you would need five people to watch it just to get as much support as the algorithm gives to a 30 minute video watched by one person. Because the algorithm doesn't judge good content based on views, it wants to push what people will sit still and watch.

In real numbers, if I make a 5 minute video I can probably get 10,000 subs to watch it in a week. And if I make a 30 minute video I can probably get 5,000 subs to watch it in a week. But do the math. 10,000 views x 5 minutes = 50,000 minutes watched. 5,000 views x 30 minutes = 150,000 minutes watched. Remember, the algorithm that's pushing content all over YouTube isn't looking at view count, it's looking at minutes. So it's recommending that 30 minute video three times more than the 5 minute video even though it only got half the views. And it's that algorithm push that helps you in the long run. I really don't put a lot of thought on length (or brevity) when I'm in the process of making a video, but I have made shorter videos and they plainly are not as successful as a good long video.

The proof is in the pudding. Look at those view counts I showed you and look at how long those videos are. Three out of five are over 25 minutes long. And I didn't even show you my highest viewed video of all time:

hUICY9a.png

Look at that beast, it's one of my longest videos ever! So yeah, short content holds you back in the long run.

Sorry to derail but I hope it helped someone out there.

• Like 5

StopDrop, I like you and your work, but what you just wrote strikes me as delusional. "Popular" is not the same thing as "good," and YouTube counts a video as "viewed" after about 30 seconds.

Does YT give you enough data to prove that people are sticking with you all the way through? If it were me, I'd be less interested in gaming the recommendation algorithm and more into making a good, punchy video piece.

Disclaimer of personal bias: I'm about 1000 times more likely to consume and enjoy written text on the subjects you cover than watch any video. A long video? I probably won't even start it unless it's recommended by several friends who tell me I'd love it. But I'm also old, cranky, and easily distracted.

• Like 2

Does YT give you enough data to prove that people are sticking with you all the way through? If it were me, I'd be less interested in gaming the recommendation algorithm and more into making a good, punchy video piece.

I was curious about that myself, so I just checked a small video I uploaded a couple months ago. It was intended for my vet to help diagnosis our cat's problem but a few others have watched it too.

It looks like YouTube can tell just about everything except if you're watching from the bathroom. And once smart items like Nest and Google Home are ubiquitous, it'll even know that. :skull:

SD&R is welcome to post his own or expand upon it but here's one of my stat pages. The video is only 1:18 long, but my average viewing is 47 seconds. "Viewing Times" can be longer than the video if people scrub back to re-watch parts. It can even be broken down by PC/Android/TV/Game Console, etc.

post-39941-0-85083300-1495108224_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Look at that beast, it's one of my longest videos ever! So yeah, short content holds you back in the long run.

Sorry to derail but I hope it helped someone out there.

We will just agree to disagree, then. I'm more into quality over quantity. To me, a podcast length that's optimal is 90 minutes. Going over that is hit & miss. To me, view counts doesn't matter. Internet fame points mean nothing to me.

I "watched" a two hour video of a still image yesterday. Okay, it was Pat Contri interviewing Metal Jesus on his podcast, but still, it was a two hour "video" that I "watched" all the way through. The most common reason for me to stop watching a video before it is finished is that many YTers are putting shout outs and thank yous to their Patreon members. At that point, the content is over and I'm hitting the back button to find something else.

• Like 4

There's always fast forward guys... :)

And "delete," and "unsubscribe."

For the record, I don't think there's much fat in SDR videos. I've made my opinions about other long-ass things known on this site, probably in this thread. (RetroGaming Roundup bad, Intellivisionaries good)

• Like 3