IGNORED

Board Game Hybrids at Half Price Books

Dashopepper

post-40273-0-16448600-1451160061_thumb.jpg

I was surprised to see theses games show up at Half Priced Books for the reasonable price of $10 each. There were two Wall Street Fortune Hunts so I grabbed the one in better shape (not in picture). I assume there must have been a lot of these made because they're pretty cool and not very pricey even on Ebay. Anybody have any fondness for these Odyssey board games or like playing them?

• Like 1

Every time I see them, I think that Philips would have made more money by selling them as real adventure board games than half board half video games :D

I like them because most of the parts are HIGH QUALITY. Really.

It's not flimsy thin toilet paper poster and map that you get in "Collector's Edition". It's board game quality. Both the game board and the instructions manual are thick cardboard, and glossy paper for the instructions manual, in rich colors and fine printing, high quality artwork. Only some of the pieces are just bits of plastic and cardboard, but everything else is dayum! Quality.

I only have the mostly complete Quest of the Ring set. I have just the board and manual for Conquest (and the cart) and no Wall Street. Tho apparently Philips had no faith in Wall Street as the rare sets I saw for Europe are US sets (with the Odyssey2 style) with stickers slapper over for translation. Tho it appears that some legit Euro ones were made as well. Maybe people imported them and the imports are as common as the Euro one. Can't tell.

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

I was very much into The Quest For The Rings as a kid. My dad got me The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt and I think I grasped the stock exchange aspect, but not the bit that was supposed to be any fun. Never played the Conquest of the World so I feel like one of those extras should be mine. No matter I haven't had an Odyssey for decades.

I dig the modern board games on iPad nowadays. Living in the future is what I like.