IGNORED

Its game on!

Neat!

And unless I get locked in a robot maze, or get trampled on by a falling burger, you can count on it being EIGHT. I have a fully functional stand-alone game currently, but it needs more work to be much more fun, so will do what I'll do in the meantime.

I can submit a token dummy game soon, just to make sure it's within the "feasibliity region" - but can update my entry more than once before the deadline, I'm assuming.

• Like 1

That's what i like to hear!!! I was getting worried there, so lets hope everything validates alright.

It did start to look grim at one point - either from low interest, or what was looking like mass frustration for some. It's not for everybody, yes, but it certainly should be enough Heaven for enough folks, like us.

Although the contest is a little fun motivation, and winning is always nice, this is something I've wanted to do for a while anyway. I'm just hoping there's enough submition that will spurn on more future contests, and more future development - hence more future Intellivision games for all!

Just as a note, if there are future contests, my next entry would be much better due to a much less steeped learning curve. Hopefully this applies to all, and the future too of games for this platform. :)

I think we'll see a few more entries before the contest closes. Thats always the way with software and deadlines.

True. And this is almost Cosmic Law.

Hopefully the number of participants balloons at the deadline like an ebaY auction price tends to at closing time when the Forces of supply and demand pulls in snipers. I feel a Force here too... really! :)

Excellent to see more entries coming in. I was worried I wouldn't be able to offload the systems and games I've offered up as part of the prize packs. :)

I'd be more than happy to contribute prizes in any future contest - chalk me up.

I don't care to be a judge, just want to contribute. (Hopefully it's no conflict if I'm also a participant.)

Although the contest is a little fun motivation, and winning is always nice, this is something I've wanted to do for a while anyway.

Same here. I've always wanted to program a console game, but all I'm comfortable with at the moment are various forms of basic used with DOS computers. I've had several failed attempts at NES games in assembly, so when I found this contest I couldn't resist programming some basic code for Intellivision. I had a blast making my game and for sure will use IntyBasic in the future!

• Like 3

Same here. I've always wanted to program a console game, but all I'm comfortable with at the moment are various forms of basic used with DOS computers. I've had several failed attempts at NES games in assembly, so when I found this contest I couldn't resist programming some basic code for Intellivision. I had a blast making my game and for sure will use IntyBasic in the future!

Ditto!

I am hoping my schedule allows me to work on some other game ideas. IntyBASIC is pretty incredible. And while I don't have any delusions of grandeur regarding my current entry, the contest definitely worked to make me find time to work on the game.

(sure would be nice to have some way to load the ROM onto a cartridge and play it on real hardware) :D

• Like 1

Feeling the love here. :)

I'm sure we all could "program a game", but nothing beats programming a game for a real console.

Interesting here is that we're talking about a console, the Intellivision, that is 35+ years old, and has had no significant market presence in the last 30. What's especially incredible about IntyBASIC is that the Intellivision now stands to have more games in its future than it had in its primetime - with a 3 decade gap in between. On a graph, the timeline curve is one big smile. :)

The Intellivision's Second Coming is here.

Future contest, or no future contest - this entry of mine will not be the last game I make for the Intellivision. I've just begun.