IGNORED

Anybody get the new Xari Arena?

Allan

It's great to know that all the hard work I did to resurrect this game was worth it, i hope you all get a chance to play it with the trak-ball!

This game really shines with the trackball. It's a lot harder with the stick. Once you play it with the track, you won't want to go back. Thanks Dutchman for saving it.

Allan

• Like 2

Played Dan Kramer's copy back in 2014 and it was awesome with the Trak-Ball. Since it natively supported the Trak-Ball, I'm assuming it's the same version that was acquired and then finally released commercially by AtariAge.

Here's a pic of it:

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2014/photos/IMG_20140614_135217.jpg-f.jpg

And here's the parent page with the rest of the pics from the 2014 Sunnyvale Atari Party:

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2014/photos/

Ah…here's the money shot… Two Trak-Balls hooked up to the 5200 playing Xari Arena:

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2014/photos/IMGP7314-f.jpg

Edited by Lynxpro

This game really shines with the trackball. It's a lot harder with the stick. Once you play it with the track, you won't want to go back. Thanks Dutchman for saving it.

Allan

I guess I'm used to playing it with the stick. The Trak-Ball was nice, but I prefer the controllers.

It's complete and available in the AA store :)

Cool!

I saw that CIB copies were available in the store, but based on the write-up it was unclear to me whether it was an incomplete game or not, so I didn't order a copy when I placed an order for some of the other games released at the same time. Thanks for letting me know it's a full game! I'll place an order now. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Received my copy earlier this week and finally got around to playing it. Can't say enough about this game. The colors, sounds and overall game play is great, especially with a trak-ball controller.

Boy am I glad this game finally got completed. This may have just become my favorite trak-ball game, especially for 2 players!

• Like 1

Hmm.. I burnt an eprom of it from some image I got off the net somewhere.. I thought I got it in here.. Maybe its a demo version..

There actually is a non-playable demo that looks very early in development. I've seen a video of it on youtube and would love to get the roms if anyone has them.

• 1 year later...

Thinking of grabbing this soon from the AA store.

Can someone explain what you are trying to do in this game? I watched the video but there is a lot going on on the screen and I don't really get it.

Are you trying to shoot certain shaped items or?

Thanks, and will likely pick up soon.