IGNORED

Video Game Posters

cvga

Here is a good one of mine. The Periodic Table of Game Controllers plus handhelds. I got this about 4 years ago. I am also wanting to start collecting Arcade machine marquees. I have a Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Mario Bros. ordered and on it's way to me.

I really like that poster. I have a box of marquees but I may never find time or a place to hang them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been collecting arcade posters for years. I have about 20 of them framed up. probably going to do another 10 soon. I am resurrecting this thread as I think two I want to do are video game related. I want to get the sega tac/scan poster done. It was on the reverse of the 2600 game instructions. I also want to do a smaller version of the sega star trek poster. I was hoping to find out if it was also on the reverse of a manual. I already have the larger arcade poster framed. The smaller one is different and looks like the 5200 box cover art.

If people are interested in reproduction posters, there is a guy on klov who has been scanning and selling them. I have lent him a few for reproduction. I am going to send him my tx1 that I just got.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/high-score-saves-reproduction-arcade-artwork.html

If you want to see pics of the posters, I will try to upload them. Most are up on a tjhread I started about framing posters on KLOV.

Edited by mr.bill

this is the alternate sega star trek poster I was referring to. Was this poster included in any of the home carts?

star_trek_2_poster.jpg

while not a poster, this I thought was cool. Ed logg gave this to me. A storyboard for road runner arcade game.

roadrunner.jpg

Edited by mr.bill

This isn't mine, but it's the one I have and it's still after almost 30 years still folded up, never flattened or hung up. Nintendo never dated these, but the best guess would be based upon looking at the games. SMB2 is there as is Zelda 2, Faxanadu, NES Play Action Football, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, but no Super Mario Bros 3 which was out at the start of 1990, so this should be a 1988-89 era poster thrown into game boxes or with a system.

ejwlqq.jpg

Really wish I had those 2 Don Bluth posters as they're fantastic.

Edited by Tanooki

Funny, I just ordered this one a few days ago:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATARI-Promo-Nintendo-Atari-Sega-Playstation-Movie-Art-Wall-Decor-Fabric-Poster-P122/32698385637.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.Vm1VLP

Coming from ali-express...who knows what you will get sometimes. But I love Joust, and remembered this ad from a lot of comic books I had as a kid. So nostalgia outweighs the kinda crappy art.

Funny, I just ordered this one a few days ago:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATARI-Promo-Nintendo-Atari-Sega-Playstation-Movie-Art-Wall-Decor-Fabric-Poster-P122/32698385637.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.Vm1VLP

Coming from ali-express...who knows what you will get sometimes. But I love Joust, and remembered this ad from a lot of comic books I had as a kid. So nostalgia outweighs the kinda crappy art.

joust arcade poster is one of my favorites. It and star wars are an odd size and they were expensive to frame. I am not sure if highscores stretched the image to 24x30 or 24x36 (normal atari size), but if you can use a standard frame, its about 1/4 the cost.

This isn't mine, but it's the one I have and it's still after almost 30 years still folded up, never flattened or hung up. Nintendo never dated these, but the best guess would be based upon looking at the games. SMB2 is there as is Zelda 2, Faxanadu, NES Play Action Football, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, but no Super Mario Bros 3 which was out at the start of 1990, so this should be a 1988-89 era poster thrown into game boxes or with a system.

ejwlqq.jpg

Really wish I had those 2 Don Bluth posters as they're fantastic.

The fine print at the bottom should tell you the year. Most likely 1989.

I love the Space Duel poster -- of course that is one of my favourite arcade games.

If it is an original, the I,Robot poster must be staggeringly rare because of how very of the actual games were ever manufactured.

The fine print at the bottom should tell you the year. Most likely 1989.

You'd think so, but I partly popped it open checking the edge, I didn't see it. I also looked at many scans online from google image search and unless it's tucked under some fine print under a game title name on there or hidden color in the art it's just not there.

I love the Space Duel poster -- of course that is one of my favourite arcade games.

If it is an original, the I,Robot poster must be staggeringly rare because of how very of the actual games were ever manufactured.

All of my posters are original. I have been after them for 30+ years. space duel is one of favorite games too. It was the 2nd game I ever bought, but it was the game I wanted to find most.

I, robot is probably about as uncommon as the rest of the ataris of that era. A friend of mine just found one and it's pretty clean. I know he plans to sell it. I would say the older they are the harder they are to find. The naked centipede is rare as it was internal only. But the grail of posters is major havoc. They only made 7 of those posters. I never really had a chance to get it, but one came up for sale and it went for more than $1k. I want to find a deathrace and night driver.