IGNORED

Rom Hunter's V11 Old Era Collection Now Online

Rom Hunter

although there were only a little more than 500 different games made for the Atari 2600

And here you have it "journalists". As expected, you hardly get past a thousand unique games with any system. Not to mention the heavy reuse of the same code in different games!!!

Anyway, looking into my Harmony Cartridge folder there are currently 456 roms including homebrews. That's a very good result - my SNES selection only has around 128 roms selected out of the flood.

Is there something similar for 5200 and 7800?

AA member Trebor has put together something for the 7800 which has posted in the 7800 section. I don't have a link handy. Search for his posts regarding 7800 emulation via MESS and MAME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... yeah... but what I mean is, what WAS the bug? A programming bug that years later we just decided to fix cause we can? or a bug that is caused by the dumping process, so a GOOD dump just can't be made? or what?

And more specifically, by a list, I meant list of all the FIXED ROMs and WHAT was fixed. Hence the addition of a TXT file.

For example:

Activision Decathlon - Fixed a bug causing you to freeze if you tap left/right a little TOO fast, as turbo functions can these days.

Astroblast - Fixed a bug that causes the game to crash if a large size red rock hits the ground when your score equals a multiple of 13.

Dodge 'Em - Fixed a bug that allowed the opponents car to switch multiple lanes crossing over boundaries if that lane has no dots.

Etc - Etc

I know these aren't REAL bugs, I just made them up as examples.

And I'm curious if these bugs occur in ACTUAL carts played on a REAL VCS.

Here is a list of the fixes. I pieced this together from a lot of old posts from many years ago... I didn't actually test all these roms to verify if these contain the fixes. Maybe you can do that, Torr? :)

Nicely done, Omega!

Torr, I'd like to read your assessment if you do indeed test what's in this list.

Wish I could... I'm about 3.5 thousand km from my collection right now!
Moved with one suitcase and so far have only had my Dreamcast mailed to me with my games on a spindle!
I'm hoping this summer to make a road trip and get my collection back in my hands! (Not to mention other things!)

But I could do it easily, Because like I say, I have 2 carts that have the standard solution and 1 cart with the PAL solution so I could boot one after the other to see if there was any difference.

I must of missed that post...
Back when you asked I was about 900 km from my collection... then I had no internet again until I was here... being a vagabond sucks sometimes.

Now, in a few days.

Today is the day.

I feel like I am the only one in the whole universe having the complete Activision 2600 Secam set...

Here are some pictures. (Sorry for the meh quality).

This Secam game runs on a Pal console (so colors are not the Secam ones).

Note the "CARB" (aka "carburant", aka "fuel in French").

Thanks.

"I don't have Atari friends. I got Atari family."

post-17929-0-71128700-1453838306_thumb.jpg

post-17929-0-80724400-1453838372_thumb.jpg

post-17929-0-81022700-1453838461_thumb.jpg

• Like 4