IGNORED

Super Ninja Controller pre-order

grips03

So i like the one in the middle because it is the same width as the neo geo cable. You can make the connector tight with a little hot glue. Now the other one is cheaper and firm fitting so.... From a business standpoint i would go with the bigger one.

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

So i like the one in the middle because it is the same width as the neo geo cable. You can make the connector tight with a little hot glue. Now the other one is cheaper and firm fitting so.... From a business standpoint i would go with the bigger one.

this is exactly the way I think about it too.

Here is the issue with AGP-15-G-NEW in picture form (center). Notice how you would need to fill the cable cavity with black hot glue so it wouldn't move around.

yeah they move around but cant twist all the way around. Im used to using them as they were the only style i knew existed. I am ordering the two db15's and db9's you posted and the bigger db15's plus the db9 version as well. I wanna see whats best for me personally. Edited by pimpmaul69

Tested Atari 7800, Vectrex, and MCC today.

7800 is perfect

Vectrex is perfect

MCC is very good, but needs a little work on button mapping.

11 buttons in total are possible with MCC chip. Start, Select, Home, and 8 buttons.

I'll map the first four action buttons to A,B,C,D on NeoGeoX controller along with Start and Select. I'll put the rest on the keypad. If you have a preference for button mapping let me know as I'll likely adjust over the weekend.

I'll also be using db15/db9 ports on the console cables vs. RJ45 as this will be a little cleaner. Testing with Dreamcast, Saturn, NES, SNES, etc soon.

Enjoy the photos.

post-27883-0-57883000-1453506308_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-18838700-1453506314_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-14616200-1453506321_thumb.jpg

for MCC button mapping I'm thinking:

MCC / USB button / NeoGeoX button
1P / 0 / A
1K / 1 / B
2K / 2 / C
2P / 3 / D
4P / 4 / keypad 1
3P / 5 / keypad 2
4k / 6 / keypad 3
3K / 7 / keypad 4
Select / 8 / Select
Start / 9 / Start
Home / 12 / keypad 0

K = kick, P = Punch <-- this is how the MCC labels the buttons

For example should we make Home be keypad *,0,# or just 0 ?

Should 1P,1K,2K,2P be duplicated on the keypad, even though they are already on buttons A-D?

Should Select also map to * ?

Should Start also map to # ?

• Like 1

for MCC button mapping I'm thinking:

MCC / USB button / NeoGeoX button

1P / 0 / A

1K / 1 / B

2K / 2 / C

2P / 3 / D

4P / 4 / keypad 1

3P / 5 / keypad 2

4k / 6 / keypad 3

3K / 7 / keypad4

Select / 8 / Select

Start / 9 / Start

Home / 2 / keypad 0

K = kick, P = Punch <-- this is how the MCC labels the buttons

For example should we make Home be keypad *,0,# or just 0 ?

Should 1P,1K,2K,2P be duplicated on the keypad, even though they are already on buttons A-D?

Should Select also map to * ?

Should Start also map to # ?

i think mapping to both for start and select is a good idea. Since the are available and perfect having home in between. Just like an xbox 360 controller
  • Like 2

I need to read up on the MMC but with what little I know, I agree with pimpmaul, something like:

*=select or start, 0=home, #=start or select.

Would it be possible to change or personalize button mapping later on in the future?

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

I need to read up on the MMC but with what little I know, I agree with pimpmaul, something like:

*=select or start, 0=home, #=start or select.

Would it be possible to change or personalize button mapping later on in the future?

Here is the docs for MCC

http://www.godlikecontrols.com/download/MCCthulhuWelcome.pdf

Select and Start are also on the Select and Start buttons, so this would just be extra.

Would not be able to change in the future, as I need to map the buttons via pcb traces.

• Like 1

Doh! Guess I had a blonde moment there lol. don't how I could forget the start/select buttons up top, probably because I never really use them. :)

I just depends what console is being played. The old consoles are pretty simple but mapping something like the Dreamcast on the NG stick is where I'm not sure at all yet.

• Like 1

Doh! Guess I had a blonde moment there lol. don't how I could forget the start/select buttons up top, probably because I never really use them. :)

I just depends what console is being played. The old consoles are pretty simple but mapping something like the Dreamcast on the NG stick is where I'm not sure at all yet.

MCC in NG stick has trade off for sure, namely no 8 action buttons. It is still very useful for NES, PC-Engine/TG16, USB, etc. I was playing Gunlord on DC today and it worked quite well.

I'll be mapping out how the MCC buttons behaves on various systems over next week. Once it looks good I'll order the production MCC pcb board.

• Like 1

I would like to thank Joe Z for advice/help and the awesome JLP cart shells and Phil B who took my son's Ninja drawing and made a great layout for the Ninja Controller carts.

the ninja is the best part. Im an artist myself but i can appreciate a cool art drawing by a kid. Far better than a picasso. Kids art isnt utilized enough in all the packaging and labels this world is full of. simple Is best for me. Gran turismo 4 was very simple with very little art on front and back but in my opinion was one of the coolest covers ever (must see in person to appreciate the white). Kids art is simple too. They try too hard these days. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

MCC in NEC PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 mode

MCC / USB button / NeoGeoX button / NEC PCE/TG16
1K / 1 / B / 2
2K / 2 / C / 1
Select / 8 / Select / Select
Start / 9 / Start / Run

Note NEC button 2 is primary button (on the left) and NEC button 1 is secondary (on the right)

post-27883-0-94066800-1453657386_thumb.jpg

MCC in NEC PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 mode

MCC / USB button / NeoGeoX button / NEC PCE/TG16

1K / 1 / B / 2

2K / 2 / C / 1

Select / 8 / Select / Select

Start / 9 / Start / Run

Note NEC button 2 is primary button (on the left) and NEC button 1 is secondary (on the right)

nice to see you are setting the buttons in the correct order. Some people who do these kind of things dont. Now what about 3 button and 6 button (really the games only use 4 buttons except for street fighter II) controls? I kid, i kid. THere are so few games that use these and it is a pain in the a** to make a 6 button controllers circuits. Oh and awesome saturn. Was my favorite one to have. Edited by pimpmaul69

Here you go

Examples:

2-way games: Astrosmash, Space Armada, Space Patrol

4-way games: Boulder Dash, D2K, DK Arcade, Christmas Carol, Thunder Castle, Burgertime, Lock N Chase, Dig Dug, Frogger, Night Stalker, Ms. Pac-Man, Beauty and Beast, Super Chef BT, Donkey Kong Junior, Ms. Night Stalker, Piggy Bank

8-way games: River Raid, Match 5, Dreadnaught Factor, Commando, Mission X, Nova Blast, Empire Strikes Back, Atlantis, Copter Command

I wish I could make a custom joystick for this case, but best I could come up with is a 4-way gate. But at least with this controller you can support many consoles :)

Doesn't the Intellivision have some 16-way games?

I keep thinking Tron Deadly Discs.

Doesn't the Intellivision have some 16-way games?

I keep thinking Tron Deadly Discs.

Sure and perhaps some of those 8-way games are really 16-way games, who knows. I only make 4 / 8-way controller.

For the most part 16-way games can be played with 8-way controller and the game is still fun/payable.