IGNORED

Rarity/Price Check on my Collection

Dashopepper

I was poking around Ebay this morning and stumbled across an Executive Games pong system with an astronomical buy-it-now price. Thinking I had one I went to my basement and started pulling out boxes.

gallery_40273_1259_392368.jpg

The good news is I found the Executive Games and it is in excellent condition and fully works. The only one sold was parts only and went for $30. Anyone know what these go for? I looked up some stuff when I first bought the lot that had all these but I don't remember being able to find much and what I did wasn't worth much besides the original Odyssey. Is there anything else I have that stands out as particularly rare or valuable?

IMG 3095

Edited by Dashopepper

No idea, but that's a sweet collection you have! :)

I'd guess it might be hard to get top dollar (whatever that is) on a Pong console that doesn't say "Atari" or "Odyssey" on it because only a specific kind of collector would be interested enough to pay it. Yeah, the Executive Games could be a really rare, early piece of hardware but chances are most people/collectors don't care. And I feel like a lot of those crazy BINs on eBay are mostly wishful thinking, TBH.

Most of your systems are probably in the $20-40 neighborhood, give or take. Less for Radio Shack TV Scoreboards and other dime-a-dozen clones. The big one here IMO is actually the Telstar Arcade; Odysseys don't usually go for much loose (without the box, overlays, game cards and pieces). Not sure on the value exactly, but even loose the Telstar Arcade is probably one of the more sought-after items in your set; I'm guessing $75-100+ isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The next one would be the Atari Stunt Cycle; they're not that rare but being early Atari, and being somewhat unusual and exclusive--a dedicated motorcycle game that IIRC was never cloned, not counting the Sears version--these can fetch a little bit more (~$50-60 loose).

The Odyssey, you could still probably get more than the average Pong console just because it's an Odyssey, but obviously nowhere near what you'd be looking at for a CIB or even partially complete example.

Edited by BassGuitari

I'll have to look for the other Telestar Arcade cartridges. I know I have one more box of pong systems missing because I have the Combat 2 joystick system. So hopefully it's there. These were all part of a much larger lot I bought a few years ago. I don't think I've bought any personally besides another Odyssey in carrying case. I cleaned up the stunt cycle, I'll have to test it and put it on display. Looks like it takes the same power plug as a 2600.

post-40273-0-55563800-1451872662_thumb.jpg

No idea, but that's a sweet collection you have! :)

I'd guess it might be hard to get top dollar (whatever that is) on a Pong console that doesn't say "Atari" or "Odyssey" on it because only a specific kind of collector would be interested enough to pay it. Yeah, the Executive Games could be a really rare, early piece of hardware but chances are most people/collectors don't care. And I feel like a lot of those crazy BINs on eBay are mostly wishful thinking, TBH.

Most of your systems are probably in the $20-40 neighborhood, give or take. Less for Radio Shack TV Scoreboards and other dime-a-dozen clones. The big one here IMO is actually the Telstar Arcade; Odysseys don't usually go for much loose (without the box, overlays, game cards and pieces). Not sure on the value exactly, but even loose the Telstar Arcade is probably one of the more sought-after items in your set; I'm guessing $75-100+ isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The next one would be the Atari Stunt Cycle; they're not that rare but being early Atari, and being somewhat unusual and exclusive--a dedicated motorcycle game that IIRC was never cloned, not counting the Sears version--these can fetch a little bit more (~$50-60 loose).

The Odyssey, you could still probably get more than the average Pong console just because it's an Odyssey, but obviously nowhere near what you'd be looking at for a CIB or even partially complete example.

Nice set, and agree with some of the prices given. The case that the Odyssey is in is uncommon and sought after. The First Dimension Pong unit you have is uncommon and worth more if it works. Many sold were defective. Am interested in that system if you are selling.

I'll have to look for the other Telestar Arcade cartridges. I know I have one more box of pong systems missing because I have the Combat 2 joystick system. So hopefully it's there. These were all part of a much larger lot I bought a few years ago. I don't think I've bought any personally besides another Odyssey in carrying case. I cleaned up the stunt cycle, I'll have to test it and put it on display. Looks like it takes the same power plug as a 2600.

attachicon.gifIMG_0547.JPG

yeah the Stunt Cycle takes the same AC adapter as the 2600 , the Video Pinballs as well , the potentiometers in those are the same as the 2600 paddles & prolly need a cleaning , check the battery compartments to see if they are clean as well

very nice collection there

you don't happen to have a broken Sears Speedway do you ? |:) I really only need the ceramic IC chip ;)

ebay is always 'not the going rate', but usually 'what the seller wishes he wants for it'.

realistic: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Atari-1040-ST-mit-Monitor-/401046511580?hash=item5d603c1fdc:g:0MMAAOSwk1JWfamV

wishful thinking: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Atari-1040-st-/291651094963?hash=item43e7c289b3:g:qz4AAOSwHaBWhugz

Edited by high voltage

• 6 months later...

edit- sorry, didn't notice the date of posts.

Do you have a Telstar cart #4 (can't recall what games are on it)? That was a mail away and the toughest one to get ahold of. There was also a send-away (I think) AC adaptor. Or am I thinking of Select-a-Game on the latter?

Edited by Zookeeper