IGNORED

ATI TV Wonder VE problem

JagMX

anyone have this card? i just bought it brand new yesterday and it wont work - everytime i click TV it tells me "The Tv player failed to initialize the video - Check the windows device manager to ensure that the correct video driver has been installed and is working porperly before attempting to restart TV"

i went ni device manager and i cant even find the ati card i installed first of all. and i checked and am pretty sure i have al lthe updated drivers -

I hooked the cable inteo the card and it doesnt work - can anyone help me out? PM me or post or email me i need some help! :D

Have you deleted your old video card's driver yet? You should do that before you install the driver's for your new card. How do games run with it?

Also, ATI's drivers have a reputation for being crappy so make sure you get the latest one off their website. I hope this helps :).

its notbeing sued as the regular video card, its just a card for strictly capturing video. I dld the latest drviers to make sure and i installed everyhting and it still isnt working, everytime i hit "tv" it keeps giving me that message even with what i just dl'd that took me quite some time on DIALUP

i even went to "pc check" so it can run tests for compatibility, and it told me a bunch of crap like my 1800+ processor is less than 233mhz and its not mmx compat, even tho it is :) and a whole bunch of other bullshit - i dont know what the fuck is going on

somehow is works now :) just gotta fix the channels and stuff and ill be happy :)

just one more question, it says dma on my iomega zip drive is not enabled or something and due to that the video preformance is degraded, anyone kno how i can enable it?

im using XP, when it tells me about that dma the xact message is this

"Video Capture and TV-On-Demand Performance will be degraded on this system as DMA for the hard disk is not enabled"

"please check the system settings in the windows control panel for the following devices"

and theres a drop down menu with only the IOMEGA Zip 250

thanx :)

Archived