IGNORED

Game Of The Year 2015

vprette

Game of the Year 2015  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice for Game of the Year 2015?

• Boulder Dash
    • Ms. Pac-Man
    • Takeover
    • Copter Command
    • Brickout
    • Flapee Bird
    • Princess Quest
    • Piggy Bank
    • Number Jumble
    • Game Factory

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

To be honest: The head to head race smells like fake votes. The question is which side, maybe both.

??? It's just never happened before...so it makes people crazy I guess. I never thought a baggie release would even be close.

??? It's just never happened before...so it makes people crazy I guess. I never thought a baggie release would even be close.

I would really love to see the people who voted. At least all accounts, just to see how many new members participated. This anonymous voting is ridiculous und allowes cheating. As I said: Open votes next year would be awesome and I do not see any problem if someone knows that a user voted. Its just a problem if you want to cheat with several fake accounts.

Edited by Ignorama

I would really love to see the people who voted. At least all accounts, just to see how many new members participated. This anonymous voting is ridiculous und allowes cheating. As I said: Open votes next year would be awesome and I do not see any problem if someone knows that a user voted. Its just a problem if you want to cheat with several fake accounts.

If anyone is sad enough to try to rig the Game of the Year for the Intellivision, they truly need some help. Both Piggy and Ms. Pac-man were major successes and neither needs validation through this process. While a nice, icing on the cake type of accolade, nothing anyone should be willing to cheat over.

Personally, if anyone cares, I voted for Ms. Pac-man (I'm one of the late votes). I felt that it was a great port with the most polish of any of the games. I enjoy the new mazes, the cut scenes and even the options screen was made fun and classy (tips his hat to Mr. Mueller).

• Like 6

@ Fushek

Even if I agree that it would be sad, it would be not even close to be thr saddest thing happened in this board and we all know its damn true. And what a surprise, again we have a equalizer.

I still do not see any single disadvantage from public voting. Are people embarassed for their votes? That would be pretty sad too.

Edited by Ignorama

I think that most of the frequent AA members have stated which game they have voted for..

like I mentioned before.. For me its #1. Ms Pac Man ,#2Princess Quest(hopefully if there's a squeal there's an easy mode) #3 Piggy Bank.... Hours to go and a tie for first.... How may votes will come out of the woodwork today... lol

I don't have a problem with public votes.

Although I would be a little embarrassed if everyone knows that I always vote for my own games :P

Wait a moment? did I said it? oh my, I said it :lol:

So you voted for Piggy Bank? I'm cornfused.... :lol:

I have seen at least one person who has voted in this thread attempt to create a new account (presumably to vote again in this thread). Any "anonymous" online polls can be manipulated, so I would never base any important decisions on them. Most people are honest, but there will always be a small percentage who will cheat if they can get away with it. The only way you're going to get a more "honest" vote is to ensure you're only getting one vote per participant, which is tough to do in a forum environment. A "public" vote would certainly help solve the issue of cheating (assuming that someone isn't using more than one existing account), but people may vote differently if they know they are being watched, or not vote at all.

..Al

• Like 2

I can't but notice how much the number of voters is increased in a year:

- 88 AA members voted for the GOTY 2014;

- until now 124 AA members have voted for the GOTY 2015

...whatever interpretation you want to give these data...

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1