IGNORED

Where can I buy Intellivision Homebrews?

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to Intellivision. Thanks to some recent Craigslist scores, I now have an original Intellivision, two Intellivision 2's, 2 voice synths, and about 50 games. I am really enjoying the system so far and I'm having a blast with it! I feel like i've "clicked" with it much faster than with some other retro systems i've picked up.

At any rate, though I have plenty of the regular library I need to enjoy still, I am interested in picking up some of the home-brew titles for the system. I know the AA store has a few. I also realize that a flash cart is in development but not quite available yet. That being said, i'd love to know if any of the following titles are available ANYWHERE other than ebay for like $150; which I cannot abide.

-Christmas Carol

-D2k Arcade

-Space Patrol

-Ms. Pac Man

-Ms. Night Stalker

-Donkey Kong Arcade

-Stonix

-Super Chef BT

-Super Pro Tennis

Any other good homebrews out there I am missing? Thanks, and if these are all out of print and unavailable I suppose I can wait for an SD cart :)

Thanks!

Could always PM intvdave about games like Ms. Pac-Man, Ms. Night Stalker, Super Chef BT and Super Pro Tennis. *Might* have something left over or could maybe put something together.

SoulBuster I believe still has the new DK games. Christmas Carol is long gone, but the ROM and emulator to play it are readily available.

Suspect Stonix is long gone and relegated to the hoarders and collectors out there. And good luck finding a Space Patrol! Was already a 2nd run that I was lucky enough to get in on, but sold out quickly. :love:

Can also check Good Deal Games as they have the occasional out of print or tough to find release.

• Like 1

Yes, there are three, and they look fun and I will likely snag them at some point (the voice synth one for my young daughter.)

But unfortunately none of the groundbreaking INTV homebrew titles mentioned above..

The titles you want unfortunately will not be cheap. Just the way it is.

Thanks guys, really helpful so far.

What is a "Post-125" game, also Soulbuster it looks like you are out of the DK Games?

Boulder Dash looks good! Loved that on the NES back in the day.

PM'd INTVdave :)

When Elektronite/Classic Game publishers decided not to sell them anymore, I bought all of the remaining stock/materials. I may do something with the materials at a later date, but right now I do not have any for sale.

I'm not sure what the status of Piggy Bank is, but grab a copy if you can. Contact BBWW or check the announcement thread. Christmas Carol is totally worth picking up as is a multicart, once available. Get the free ROM for Carol, but if you want a boxed copy it was originally $60. The best you'll likely do now is $100...or more.

Your best option is to keep an eye out on the forum for new releases. Also, join Rev's newsletter. Most games are $50-70 when released, so buy early and don't hesitate. Good luck.

I'm not sure what the status of Piggy Bank is, but grab a copy if you can. Contact BBWW or check the announcement thread. Christmas Carol is totally worth picking up as is a multicart, once available. Get the free ROM for Carol, but if you want a boxed copy it was originally $60. The best you'll likely do now is $100...or more.

Your best option is to keep an eye out on the forum for new releases. Also, join Rev's newsletter. Most games are $50-70 when released, so buy early and don't hesitate. Good luck.

im poor and on disability but i would sell what little stuff i have if i had too to get a copy of christmas carol. My favorite game of all time. I would even be happy with a cart only. But given its rarity i know it probably wont happen.
  • Like 3

im poor and on disability but i would sell what little stuff i have if i had too to get a copy of christmas carol. My favorite game of all time. I would even be happy with a cart only. But given its rarity i know it probably wont happen.

I don't know to which "rarity" you refer. There are at least 300 copies around -- that's hardly a "limited run," compared to most other releases.

In any case, the flash-carts are coming out soon (we hope!), so I just recommend getting the ROM and holding out for it.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Is "The Lost Caves of Kroz" any good?

So far I have managed to track down and purchase

-Donkey Kong Arcade

-Space Cunt

-Super Pro Tennis

-Boulder Dash

-Ms. Pac Man

I feel like my INTV homebrew collection is off to a good start!

Kroz is very good puzzle game with some action elements. I think it might have been Game of the Year for 2014. Good boss battles in this game too.