IGNORED

Heavy Rain Sucks!

rxd

I've been a huge fan of David Cages work since i picked up The Nomad Soul on the Dreamcast, all those years ago, then onto to Fahrenheit on Xbox, Heavy Rain and Beyond:2 Souls on PS3, but i appreciate his work is an aquired taste.

The 2 big issues i had with Heavy Rain getting Move support were:
1)It came at the expense of the planned extra 'chapters'/DLC...Sony insisted on Move Support so DLC was dropped :-(
And 2)Despite not owning Move i had to sit through a bloody patch for it to be downloaded for the game, you couldn't just download it, if you ticked a box etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I understand the hatred. I had no problems with the game and I thought it was pretty darn unique and captivating. Certainly more so than Call of Duty or other regurgitated garbage. Also, I played it before it was patched for Move support, but I was never big on the PS Move to begin with.

Beyond: Two Souls was the last game I played on PS3 before moving up to PS4 and I found it pretty incredible also. I'm happy to buy anything Quantic Dream comes up with in the future.

I thought it felt like a nice experiment. It left me wishing that they would buy licenses for hit shows and make those into games.

I don't remember any problems with the controls, but there were some plot holes in the story that I thought would have been very easy to close. I would have rather played a game like it based on something like the TV show Dexter. (X-Files!?)

I have Beyond, but haven't played it yet - in the queue

• 6 months later...

I finally played Beyond and I thought it was amazing. It is much better than Heavy Rain and a truly unique and successful experiment with interactive storytelling. Beyond was like getting a whole season of a Sci-Fi/Spy series that you could interact with. I highly recommend it if you like similar TV shows, but if you want to shoot people with shotguns in the face, you should stay away.

I finally played Beyond and I thought it was amazing. It is much better than Heavy Rain and a truly unique and successful experiment with interactive storytelling. Beyond was like getting a whole season of a Sci-Fi/Spy series that you could interact with. I highly recommend it if you like similar TV shows, but if you want to shoot people with shotguns in the face, you should stay away.

I have yet to play both, I like games like this. If these are anything like Until Dawn, I'm in. Although that's a throwback type of horror game aka Friday the 13th etc.

• Like 1