IGNORED

AtariWiki : Need account upgrade

snicklin

I've just registered an account (snicklin / Steve N) on the AtariWiki and I've read some information which I wanted to update.

The specific page that I wish to update is:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Ironman%20Atari

Currently I'm not able to edit anything and am unable to contact anyone (it seems) to be able to ask for my ACL's to be updated.

When I went to the FAQ page, I tried clicking on the link to the article to get access to be able to author pages and I'm blocked from seeing that as I don't have permission.

Who should I speak to request additional access?

I implore everyone who has anything to contribute to look at this site here: https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Articles

This could be the one site where we all put our information. Imagine "Mapping the Atari" but everyone can contribute!

Are you tired of telling people on here the same things? Put it on the Wiki and everyone will be able to see it.

I'm going to look to put my xBIOS document onto the site or at least a link to it. I've already created some new pages and edited some existing ones.

Just request an account as per Synthpopalooza's comment above and away you go!

Hi Steve, hi Bob,

Yes,

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=How%20to%20get%20Wiki%20edit%20permissions

is the right site to get access.

Mapping the Atari? :-)

If we all work for this, sure, why not. :-)

But without AtariAge, archive.org, Atarimania, Poland, CZ and many other help from many other sites, that would never been possible.

• Like 1

But without AtariAge, archive.org, Atarimania, Poland, CZ and many other help from many other sites, that would never been possible.

You are 100% correct. There are many good resources out there. However, if a new Atari user comes along, it would be good to be able to send them to one place with all the information that they need.

Thanks Steve,

The main problem is, in Germany we have some crazy laws, therefore, it is good, we have others sources, too. Especially for a backup. :-)

We see the AtariWiki as a knowledge resource without ads. We want to keep all the things for generations to come. The digitizing project is in it's 9x %. :-)

With the help of all, we gonna make it! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)