IGNORED

Intellivision Bowling League

Opry99er

So are we putting the teams every week in first through six and at the end adding up your all your positions and the team with the lowest number wins or is it a total of all points wins? (Example of the first: Splitz for brains gets last place every week it would be 6+6+6+6+6+6+6+6=48 and star strikes got first every week but one week they got second so their score would be 2+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=9 star strikes would be the winners.)

I had to read this 6 or so times till I fully understood what you meant, and it is a great Question! :)

Sorry so last minute. I'll probably be doing most of my bowling on Sunday nights. I was shopping at a thrift shop today and found a friggin' bowling pin for $3. Surely there is no better inspiration!

Here's my set-up:

And here's my score for Week 1:

Well if we are looking for you to post a score, we will look for you in the thrift shops first! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I had planned on adding all scores together throughout the competition and the two teams with most points through the season (totaled) would play in a one game bowl-off to determine the champions...

If you guys would prefer the round-based scoring, it is not too late to change it, I suppose. :)

Leaderboard coming in a few minutes.

I think since you have done such a wonderful job of putting this together it is your call on how this goes.

You were kind enough to start the competition and I believe the rule book should be in your hands. Great idea by Pimpmaul, yet yours is great as well, stick with it.

Looking forward to the leader board! :)

• Like 1

Leaderboard for week 1... Copied from the top post in this thread:

Week 1 Standings:

1) Splitz For Brains (807)

darrin9999 (279)
pimpmaul69 (269)
fdr4prez (259)
2) Star Strikes (735)
JasonLikesINTV (245)
wolfy62 (247)
Intellfan (243)
3) The Walter Sobchaks (625)
Opry99er (228)
BuckoBrand (149)
zillaRUSH (248)
4) Gutterballs (616)
Sir Jay (172)
maibock (188)
cvga (256)
5) Minds in the Gutter (437)
Retrogamer81081 (214)
HyperBoy (133)
SiLiC0ne t0aD85 (90)
6) Balls of Steel (345)*
1980Gamer (*)
mthompson (207)
Rick Reynolds (138)
*Balls of Steel has yet to complete their scoring for the week. Since we are allowing leniency for the first week to work out any 'kinks,' I will allow 1980Gamer to post a score by Tuesday at 11:59P EST to stay in the league. :) Please do so, good sir. ***If this score is not posted by that time, an alternate bowler may take his spot.
  • Like 2

I think since you have done such a wonderful job of putting this together it is your call on how this goes.

You were kind enough to start the competition and I believe the rule book should be in your hands. Great idea by Pimpmaul, yet yours is great as well, stick with it.

Looking forward to the leader board! :)

either way is fine with me. I was just curious so i knew how to keep track of the competition.

Week #1 recap:

So far it looks like Splitz For Brains is a top-notch team with mad bowlers straight KILLIN' IT!!!! Star Strikes was also excellent with every bowler above 240!!!

The Walter Sobchaks come in third place thus far with a great score from zillaRUSH raising the ships! 4th place goes to Gutterballs, with an impressive score by cvga!!!

Minds in the Gutter comes in at #5 with a respectable score from Retrogamer81081 in the 200+ range!!!

6th place is still up in the air right now, but until a score is posted in the third slot, Balls of Steel brings up the rear..... (That sounds so wrong) :)

• Like 2

Anyone have a link to a PDF of the bowling manual? I had a rough first outing with the game tonight (168 was my best effort) and need to study up.

Here is the link. It says UK as it is the only one I can find since the site is down at intellivisiongames.com, but it's the same. Hope you enjoy the bowling game! It's fun. :) Besides 168 is a great score to start!

Sure, count me in.

I'll do my best to get a score in soon.

and tomorrow starts a new week and the password that has to be shown for week that week in your photo. Thursday - sunday 11:59 eastern time you can post that weeks score. Only 1 entry is allowed. Week ones password was nihilist and you need to enter score by 11:59 est tonight.

Was there any mention of when on Thursday the new password will be posted each week?

Nurmix - please bowl away today and get a score in. And then thereafter be looking on post #1 for each week's password on Thursday. You don't want to post a score without the designated password in the picture.

PS: if you do post a score of 463, or more, today, as mthompson is hoping, we'll need to get the league officials over to your place to investigate your bowling alley's scoring system. and that doesn't mean that you can play 4 players and add them up....or does it? :evil:

I don't think there's any chance of a 400+ score for me, boys. Been a L O N G time since I played. I know I used to be pretty good at it - had a whole technique for where to stand, where to have the little white ball when you let go of the Aim button, how much spin to add, etc. but I'm afraid that was lost to time.

Speaking of this... I assume everyone is free to pick the alley slickness, ball weight and L/R they prefer, right?