IGNORED

What do you regret throwing away?

BillyHW

Yep! :lol:

…most of this stuff is already, or will be, available via .pdf on your 'puter of choice though. Nothing beats the real thing, but if you're only after the content, take heart! Funny… have all sorts of mags and stuff readily available via .pdf and guess what? NEVER, EVER look at it. Unless it's in paper form.

Yeah, there is something about holding a physical, tangible magazine in your hands. I don't collect video games anymore, but I do collect the magazines. In 1999 when I threw all those mags away, I had absolutely zero interest in "old" games. I was all about the cult of the new. Then about 4 years later in 2003, I get the retrogaming bug bad, and go down the rabbit hole of retrogaming and collecting old games and stuff. So, starting in about 2003, I started the process of collecting EGM and GamePro and GamePlayers and all that stuff again. Now, I probably have more issues than I had back in 1999.

If there ever is a digital paper, a legit... digital paper that gives us like 90 percent of the feel of normal paper, but it can be updated and refreshed. At that point, I would be willing to probably just use that, as the convenience factor would be off the charts. I imagine in about 20 years time there probably will be, but for now I like having the real mags.

The majority of my Windows 95 games INCLUDING the PC itself!

Yeah they were mostly educational titles but I'd still stick with a chunk of 'em such as Gizmos and Gadgets and the Treasure Mountain series. But as for the others I remember having one of those pinball madness disks and they were some of my favorites.

Also my old VCR back in 2009. I planned on fixing it but my sister insisted on me getting one of those horrible vcr combos that did nothing but have problems and chew tapes. I would've still had my old VCR today if she didn't butt in.

Guest LiqMat

Other than the game boxes for most of my NES games, I regret letting my mom give away our old Apple IIe. I had a bunch of games for it and a Kraft joystick, too.

I actually really liked those Kraft joysticks. I had completely forgotten about those. I had one similar to this.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/bibuxton/buxtoncollection/detail.aspx?id=65

I actually really liked those Kraft joysticks. I had completely forgotten about those. I had one similar to this.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/bibuxton/buxtoncollection/detail.aspx?id=65

Yeah! That's pretty much the one. I always wondered as a kid why the macaroni and cheese company made joysticks. :lol:

• Like 1

Guest LiqMat

Yeah! That's pretty much the one. I always wondered as a kid why the macaroni and cheese company made joysticks. :lol:

Ha! Dude if they had made a Little Debbie joystick I would have never left the house... ummm... wait... that sounds weird.

• Like 1

Not something that I threw away but my dad brought me a Capcom CPS Changer when I was little and love the thing like it was my best friend. Sadly it burned to smithereens when the house got burned down.I just wrote a song about the whole ordeal. Never been the same an Still hurts me to this day :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

I was a strange kid, a real long ranger
Until my dad brought home a CPS Changer
Captain Commando and Knights of the Round
Had me addicted I was really spellbound
My dad used to play with my on Sunday
had to work every other day but it was a funday
Had the newest Final Fight beating dudes on the block
but outside gang members were outlined with chalk
Friends were jealous like an EX girlfriend
Friends were jealous like an EX girlfriend
I was really going in the deep end
I was really going in the deep end
Was at school trying to turn all my work in
Dad said he would get Street Fighter after he was finished working
Street Fighter would finally be mine
But the house burned down by some Alkaline
Cried for almost 24 days
I was puzzled like a Crop circle maze
Thinking,Why in the hell did it happen to me
My favorite console but not my Sega CD
I was a strange kid, a real long ranger
Until my dad brought home a CPS Changer

20090220_cps_changer.jpg

RIP little guy :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

Edited by TheObscureGamer
  • Like 1

All these posts about regretting throwing away old game mags. Now I'm never gonna get rid of any of mine and build a fort out of them. :-D

For the longest time I used to think I lost my old Dreamcast and I beat myself up constantly for getting rid of it once I started getting into collecting. One day I go down to grandparent's basement and shuffle some boxes looking for old books and find it. I was one happy camper until I realized I only had RF cables for it. It was still in the original box with manual too. Now I don't throw anything just in case.

Edited by HardZero

I totally regret throwing away my 5.25" floppy disks from my Atari 800 that had all the BASIC games and programs I had written. Technically I sold in 1986 them to help fund an Atari ST, but since they were just personal disks, I'm sure they guy who bought them erased them all so he could put his own pirated games on them, so I might as well have thrown them away. Three years worth of all my formative computer work from age 13-16. The first games I ever wrote, database utilities, animations, lots if pinball games made with Pinball Construction Set, and save files for Ultima IV and 7 Cities Of Gold, among many others.

How I wish I could right that one mistake.

Edited by fultonbot
  • Like 1