IGNORED

Sydney Hunter & The Caverns of Death for ColecoVision!

retroillucid

• 8 months later...

Is there a video playthrough of this game anywhere online?  I'm having trouble with a section in "Cavern of the Middle" toward the end where the bats and ropes present some very challenging jumps.  I found a SNES playthrough online, but it seems the rope section is different at that part.

11 hours ago, wongojack said:

Is there a video playthrough of this game anywhere online?  I'm having trouble with a section in "Cavern of the Middle" toward the end where the bats and ropes present some very challenging jumps.  I found a SNES playthrough online, but it seems the rope section is different at that part.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 12:18 AM, Bmack36 said:

Thanks! that did help me get through the ropes on lvl 5, but sadly I just lost what must be 20 or even 24 men on the ropes on level 6.  My problem with this game is that it is way too easy to just miss one of the ropes.  Unlike any other game I've ever played, you can't press up or grab too early or it seems to be an instant miss.  The timing to grab the ropes in mid-air is way too precise.  It could also be that because I have to play on my Phoenix with an HDMI to composite adapter that I am getting some delay.

sigh . . . Its a good game, but the rope sections make me completely forget about the fun I was having exploring around and collecting treasures.  I may just write down the codes from that video and skip every rope section.

Update - I have one TV where I can plug directly in with HDMI, but the sound doesn't work.  Anyway, when plugged directly in with HDMI, I was able to complete the problematic section on lvl 6 in short order.  I guess the converter is adding enough lag to give me problems.