IGNORED

CHIEF CHEF HIGH SCORE COMPETITION!

timdu

We at the 2600 Connection are proud to sponsor a High Score Competition for the Odyssey2 / Videopac game CHIEF CHEF.
post-291-0-36973400-1452563390_thumb.jpg

It's a contest! Post a picture of your high score. Highest score will win the grand prize.

The grand prize is a WILDLIFE! special edition cartridge w/ a special label.
post-291-0-20841500-1452563425_thumb.jpg

Players can play with the real cartridge or may use an emulator. Either is fine.

The CHIEF CHEF ROM file ( CC16.BIN ) is now available for a free download. (for use in an emulator ). It is attached.

More details to come...

Good luck!

Tim
the CHIEF CHEF web site:

cc16.bin

Edited by timdu

• 1 month later...

Come on, people. Is anyone entering the contest? I have come up with a deadline to submit your scores.

Here's mine from this morning. 104. Can you beat it?

Come on, people... we're talking about a free special edition WILDLIFE! cartridge as the grand prize! It could be all yours...

I have decided to set a deadline on the contest: August 1, 2016

Come on, people. Start playing and post your scores!

post-291-0-85617200-1457891322_thumb.jpg

thank you,

Tim

What may help gain interest in this is if you described what's different with/posted pictures of the WILDLIFE! cartridge. I'd definitely play if I could get O2EM working properly.

I agree with you there. I'm gonna have to get some Emulator running to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

I will try to take some pictures of the special WILDLIFE! cartridge with the special label once I have it in hand.

In the mean time, Klaus D. submitted a picture of his high score. 4766. He is in the lead. That is the score to beat...

post-291-0-45850200-1458910628_thumb.jpg

good luck,

Tim

I don't understand - if this was an April Fool's joke, how did you achieve this high score. Did you use photoshop with the picture and alter the score digits?

A sunday per month, I'm playing Videopac+, Odyssey2 games with friends. We always play on real hardware machine: Jopac, Odyssey2 & Odyssey3.
I've downloaded the CHIEF CHEF file on my Mateos Multigame cartridge.
I've plugged the Mateo cartridge into my Jopac without turn off the console and the score has appeared at 9274 ! I've took a pic !

So here it appears Klaus D. and VPB have both admitted the truth: there is a "feature" where if you insert your CHIEF CHEF game cartridge into some models of various game systems, the game starts with a random high score.

PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS. IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR VIDEOGAME SYSTEM OR GAME CARTRIDGE.

So with these 2 individuals disqualified, that means that William C is now in the lead with a high score of 474.

They didn't cheat. They discovered an "undocumented feature." The good thing is they came forward and were truthful.

As for the game, it is the best selling Odyssey2 game that I have sold since 2012. All 100 cartridges sold quickly in 2014.

More info about the game on the WILDLIFE! web site page:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/wildlife/features_wildlife.html

So as for the prize: the game cartridge that will be awarded to the high score winner on August 1, 2016 ---

the label has not been designed yet. Once it is designed, I will post a picture. Other than a special label, everything else will be the same ... the same box and manual as the original release.

thanks,

Tim

You've given me an idea...

maybe what I could do is make the the game cartridge label to be a similar style as CONQUEST OF THE WORLD:

Gold background with the black artwork... Same for the manual and the box...

post-291-0-93763300-1460716307_thumb.jpg

It would be a one of a kind...

What do you think?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The idea for the gold label is not going to happen. It resembles the MASTER STRATEGY SERIES too closely...

Instead...

Rafael Cardoso has been kind enough to program a special version of WILDLIFE! with a different aquarium maze.
The walls are green as well.
Take a look...

post-291-0-15382900-1462490423_thumb.jpg

This will be the grand prize for the contest.

More information and updates on the contest on the CHIEF CHEF web page:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/chief_chef/features_chief_chef.html

WilliamC is currently in the lead with a score of 474

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel the competition. I am sorry about this.

The cartridge, a special version of WILDLIFE! with a different aquarium maze, was going to be the grand prize. The cartridge will not be made.

Maybe another contest will be offered again in the future.