IGNORED

A few feet of condensed gaming

HoshiChiri

Having finally wrapped up my surprise reset of my setup, I opted to take a few pictures while everything still looks organized. I'm a bit proud of how much I've got squeezed in here- my main shelf space is only about 3 feet across.

SANY0048

Some close-up shots. Everything you see in these shots is hooked up and plugged in. The black and gold bit just above the Wii U is an F-plug adapter on an a/b switch- it provides easy hookup access for the older trio that isn't hooked up all the time.

SANY0002

SANY0005

SANY0004

And here's the older trio on the nearby bookshelf- the boxes are games. I use a lot of boxes and baskets for carts- it's a good balance between accessibility and space.

SANY0007

And the systems down to see what they are. The gold tray the channel f is in makes it easier to move around with its attached cables.

SANY0008

Handhelds are in a little Asian cabinet thing... it's the most disorganized bit of the setup- I really want to figure out how to get some dividers/shelves in there. Everything's in a pouch of some kind for scratch protection. I don't keep the 3DS in here, it's on its charger base on a shelf by nightstand.

SANY0009

SANY0010

And here's everything out- the 3 advances just kind of happened. One was a gift, one I found, one I got at a yard sale for a dollar to get the copy of Summon Night 2 in it. Also put in my recently acquired PSOne with screen.

SANY0011

No time for game pictures at the moment- I'll get those another day!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome collection and setup!! :) I have debated in wanting to get the Channel F.

It's always tough for me to know whether I should recommend the Channel F or not. On one hand, it's a funky and historically important system, one I'd say is worth experiencing. And for what it is, it's an innovative, capable, and amusing system, provided you're interested in early gaming history.

If you're not, on the other hand, there's probably not a lot there for you gameplay-wise once the novelty of it wears off. And for what you'd likely have to pay for a functional one, you might feel some buyer's remorse. It does have a few standout titles, and its small library is actually very diverse, but most of it was done better by the Atari VCS and even the Odyssey 2.

How about this: if you like standard '70s fare like tank, nim, blackjack, maze, breakout, robot war (baiting groups of enemies into mines), or artillery/air-sea battle type games, the Channel F is a pretty good system. :)

• Like 1

It's always tough for me to know whether I should recommend the Channel F or not. On one hand, it's a funky and historically important system, one I'd say is worth experiencing. And for what it is, it's an innovative, capable, and amusing system, provided you're interested in early gaming history.

If you're not, on the other hand, there's probably not a lot there for you gameplay-wise once the novelty of it wears off. And for what you'd likely have to pay for a functional one, you might feel some buyer's remorse. It does have a few standout titles, and its small library is actually very diverse, but most of it was done better by the Atari VCS and even the Odyssey 2.

How about this: if you like standard '70s fare like tank, nim, blackjack, maze, breakout, robot war (baiting groups of enemies into mines), or artillery/air-sea battle type games, the Channel F is a pretty good system. :)

You hit it right on the head on what I was thinking. I like it because it is a true pioneer in the video gaming industry and I really do admire what the system brings. The turnoffs are the cost for them nowadays as they only made 250,000 systems give or take if I recall correctly, the reliability as I heard that they overheat and have other internal problems, about 80% of the games are 2 player head to head games except for Dodge It, Quadradoodle, Math Quiz, Alien Invaders, Pinball Challenge, and Pac-Man. I like the pilot grip controllers too. After all is said and done I will likely have buyer's remorse and probably regret getting it in the long run.

FWIW, I have one. A couple, actually, one of each version (plus another broken System I). I like the system, it's right up my alley, and I'm glad I have it. However, I rarely play it. The Channel F is definitely more of a "when I'm in the mood for it" kind of system than a daily driver, and I'm a fan of that era. (But to be fair, that's most of my systems. I have too many and too little time to play them, so even my A-list consoles get relatively neglected.)

Hope that helps. :)