IGNORED

Are there any retailers still selling new PSPs?

hepcat

I'm looking to buy a new PSP, preferably the 3000 model. (Googling has led me to nothing but Amazon and Ebay links to used ones or new ones for $300+) Does any one here know of a smaller retailer that might still be selling new ones for less?

A couple reasons for this. First, the battery on my current PSP only lasts about half as long now after 4 years of use. Second, even if I got a new battery, my PSP has Japanese DLC on it which means I can't install DLC from any other region. I've read that you can deactivate and reactivate accounts from different regions, however I can no longer access the Japanese account I made back in 2013, so I don't think I could reactivate the Japanese DLC if I turn it off to install a US game.

Thanks!

I'm looking to buy a new PSP, preferably the 3000 model. (Googling has led me to nothing but Amazon and Ebay links to used ones or new ones for $300+) Does any one here know of a smaller retailer that might still be selling new ones for less?

A couple reasons for this. First, the battery on my current PSP only lasts about half as long now after 4 years of use. Second, even if I got a new battery, my PSP has Japanese DLC on it which means I can't install DLC from any other region. I've read that you can deactivate and reactivate accounts from different regions, however I can no longer access the Japanese account I made back in 2013, so I don't think I could reactivate the Japanese DLC if I turn it off to install a US game.

Thanks!

For a brand new PSP, boxed, and all that, I'd be ready to purchase a spare battery from somewhere regardless. Years back I bought a spare PSP-2000 when they were being liquidated. When I finally went to open it a couple years or so ago, the battery that came with it was deformed - it wouldn't physically fit in the unit. All of the spare batteries I had bought separately back then and were sitting still-packaged as well were similar. Essentially those batteries drain themselves even if not connected to a unit, so if it's been sitting unused in a box for 5+ years...

Kind of related, I was at Rite Aid recently and they had a few new shovel-ware GBA games. Thought that was pretty cool!

My local Rite-Aid has a half-dozen Guitar Hero DS big boxes (the ones with the game and hardware attachment) sitting at the front counter for years still priced at $20.

• Like 1

I noticed their price finally dropped when I last noticed them a week or so ago. They have two different colors available and I believe that they're now marked for $80 after years of gathering dust at $100. If I ever see them hit the $30 mark, I'll probably grab at least one.

PS2 also still hasn't completely evaporated here since there are still several of the GTA Trilogy collections in stock out in the bargain section, but oddly in an anti-theft container unlike many other equally priced games that are far more modern. Almost would hate to see them leave since that's it for a retail PS2 presence around here after they're gone, over 15 years after the system first launched.

Edited by Atariboy

My local Target had one last PSP-3000 sitting among the leftover CEs at the bottom of the discount games rack before Christmas, but it's gone now. The Target DPCI for the core system is: 207190063

There's a 'widget' on brickseek.com that can check Target inventory. Try your zip code and the DPCI and maybe you'll get lucky...

My local Target had one last PSP-3000 sitting among the leftover CEs at the bottom of the discount games rack before Christmas, but it's gone now. The Target DPCI for the core system is: 207190063

There's a 'widget' on brickseek.com that can check Target inventory. Try your zip code and the DPCI and maybe you'll get lucky...

How much were they selling it for? Just curious.

Really? Just out of curiosity, what are they charging for them?

I'm afraid that I quoted incorrect numbers. Their new price is $99.99 and they were marked down from $149.99 a few weeks ago. Somehow I don't see them moving at $100 any quicker than they did at $150 all these years...

Despite the old inventory of PSP's gathering dust in their case, I noticed last night that there's no sign of Vita handhelds here these days (Not even empty spots with a price sticker for it). They may be joining the PSP very soon on the endangered list.

Just both marked down SKU's of the Vita TV and 3 or 4 retail Vita releases were present for that system, with the platform otherwise absent.

Edited by Atariboy