IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Game Genie works, I don't

RSS Bot

So I got a Game Gear Game Genie in the mail today. The first game I tried it on is Sonic 2. As it turns out, even with it on and working, I still can't get past the level 1 boss. Argh! Once I got through one set of big bouncy gray balls, Dr. Robotnik zoomed up and killed me. I have decided to just give up and quit trying because I will never, ever beat it. Even if you gave me a million years to live, and I tried every day, I couldn't beat it. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO F&*%ING HARD?!?!?!?!? At least the bright side to all this is along with the Game Genie came Tails Adventure, so I don't have to search for that any more. I got the whole package (Game Genie, Tails Adventure, Sonic 2, and Ms. Pac-Man) for the usual price of just Tails Adventure alone. But this means I have extras of Sonic 2 and Ms. Pac-Man. (Sonic 2 is the Game Gear's version of Combat. I never really understood why. Why not the first Sonic?) I want to leave the Game Genie in, but I'm wondering if I can use it with the Everdrive. I don't want to break my Everdrive because it cost $80. Anyway, so now I'm up to 90 Game Gear games not counting the Game Genie, because it technically isn't really a game.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12630-game-genie-works-i-dont/