IGNORED

SCSI 2 SD

Shift838

I worked a really good deal for one of these to see if it will work with the WHT SCSI card. The TI is not on the list for compatible devices, but the developer does not have access to a TI or Geneve system so I volunteered to test.

HERE

Read more HERE

According to the specs it can be recognized for up to 4 SCSI devices.

I know some of you have SCSI cards and with the SCSI drives getting older and failing this may be a good solution for basically an SSD on the TI SCSI system!

if all goes well I could have close to 2GB of storage on the TI soon!

I'll let everyone know how it works or if it does not.

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 5

Never seen that part here nor the WHT SCUSI in real life before,

but if it is SCSI, and the WHT-Controller is SCSI, I would bet that it works.

And "New Firmware 2016" on the website sounds very good. ♫

So, if there are problems (what I don´t believe), mitigation seems to be possible....

Only in my x systems it will NOT run, as i did not find a SCSI-Controller yet :)

What about the ACARD 7720U (SCSI-2-IDE/SATA) ? Any known problems ?

I assume that - for example - the UltraWide and the LVD also runs, with adapters, so SATA should also possible ?

gallery_41141_1470_112321.jpg

post-41141-0-17010000-1453000442_thumb.jpg

Never seen that part here nor the WHT SCUSI in real life before,

but if it is SCSI, and the WHT-Controller is SCSI, I would bet that it works.

And "New Firmware 2016" on the website sounds very good. ♫

So, if there are problems (what I don´t believe), mitigation seems to be possible....

Only in my x systems it will NOT run, as i did not find a SCSI-Controller yet :)

What about the ACARD 7720U (SCSI-2-IDE/SATA) ? Any known problems ?

I assume that - for example - the UltraWide and the LVD also runs, with adapters, so SATA should also possible ?

gallery_41141_1470_112321.jpg

attachicon.gifAcard AEC-7720U 40-Pin IDE to 68-Pin SCSI Bridge.JPG

that's the same one that ArcadeShopper sells and I know it works with the SCSI card. These are getting more and more expensive and I was looking for an alternative (also because I am cheap!). So I worked a deal as a tester for these new ones.

crossing my fingers, but I think they will work.

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 2

I worked a really good deal for one of these to see if it will work with the WHT SCSI card. The TI is not on the list for compatible devices, but the developer does not have access to a TI or Geneve system so I volunteered to test.

HERE

Read more HERE

According to the specs it can be recognized for up to 4 SCSI devices.

I know some of you have SCSI cards and with the SCSI drives getting older and failing this may be a good solution for basically an SSD on the TI SCSI system!

if all goes well I could have close to 2GB of storage on the TI soon!

I'll let everyone know how it works or if it does not.

Actually my SCSI Card will see 7 SCSI drives and if you add a Daisy chained drive you can have up to 9 SCSI Drives.

• Like 1

Actually my SCSI Card will see 7 SCSI drives and if you add a Daisy chained drive you can have up to 9 SCSI Drives.

My SCSI card will recognize up to 7 drives as well.

This SCSI2SD board will be seen as 4 drives. You can (according to the docs and screenshots) setup 4 different partitions on one SD card. So in theory the TI/Geneve should see 4 drives for each of these cards if you have them setup via the PC's config utility.

If I recall correctly the SCSI card we have will do 512 byte per sectors with a maximum of 250mb per drive I think.

These will also be easy to backup from the PC standpoint I believe.

So, the interesting thing here may not only be that this controller manages up to 4 "partitions",

but as I assume, that there are coming 4 SCSI-IDs (LUNs) with them,

to have this 4 HDDs SCSI-conform and transparently on the bus ?

Or is it "just" 1 emulated harddisk/ID, with 4 parititions ?

• Like 1

So, the interesting thing here may not only be that this controller manages up to 4 "partitions",

but as I assume, that there are coming 4 SCSI-IDs (LUNs) with them,

to have this 4 HDDs SCSI-conform and transparently on the bus ?

Or is it "just" 1 emulated harddisk/ID, with 4 parititions ?

From the screenshots it looks like a separate SCSI ID for each partition so that it sees it as a separate device for each partition.

• Like 2

My SCSI card will recognize up to 7 drives as well.

This SCSI2SD board will be seen as 4 drives. You can (according to the docs and screenshots) setup 4 different partitions on one SD card. So in theory the TI/Geneve should see 4 drives for each of these cards if you have them setup via the PC's config utility.

If I recall correctly the SCSI card we have will do 512 byte per sectors with a maximum of 250mb per drive I think.

These will also be easy to backup from the PC standpoint I believe.

Neat little device.

I quickly perused the links you provided. I found this statement "Emulates up to 4 SCSI devices" but was unable to determine if this means four unique SCSI IDs or one SCSI ID with multiple logical units. Unfortunately, the latter configuration is unsupported by the SCSI card DSR.

Edit: Schmitzi beat me to the punch! ;)

The SCSI card requires the drive to be formatted with 512 byte sectors. The standard TI sector size (256 bytes) is used internally, with the DSR ensuring the proper half of the sector is read/written during operation. This is different from the nanoPEB/CF7 devices which discard half of the 512 byte IDE sector in favor of speed and fewer operations.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1

Here is a capture of the configuration utility. You can give each of the 4 devices a SCSI ID from 0 to 7

Once I get it here I can see if it is creating a separate partition for each device to be linked to. Which I assume it is.

I guess I need to read the SCSI card of ours to see how it uses SCSI ID's.

post-35187-0-00975800-1453059172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm still holding out for the day when someone makes an all-in-one SSHD card for the PEB with an SD card as the drive.

Of course I still have hopes for that DDCC-1 clone as well. I figure with both those items, my collecting may finally come to a close...

... at least until something else comes along.

Here is a much better source, price-wise, and even better--it is coming from an authorized distributor for the originator of the design. . .or you can order directly from the originator here (and his site shows that another version will show up at the end of this month). The originator even has a quantity discount if you order a bunch of them, although the postage from Australia may still be a killer. . .

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1