IGNORED

SHIFT838 Chat Suggestions

Shift838

I think part of it is the global nature of this group. Very few of us seem to be online at the same time--but on any given day, a significant portion of us show up. Chat is still useful (and I like the fact you have it set up), but it probably won't get used as aften as other forms of communication just because of its real-time nature. It will come in very handy when trying to work out problems or to formalize some parts of collaborative software/hardware design. Let it live and it will be used--not much, but when it is, it is a very useful thing to have.

• Like 4

... a link to it, here in the very first post, would be nice (as long as you can change it)

(if you change your signature later, it is away)

Schmitzi,

<< HERE >> is the link, you can save it in your favorites for quick access.

Chris,

I would not mind using it on the other monitor (like shown below), but it would require me to sign in to Google every time. I prefer to only be signed into one thing at a time. If it's not being abused, would it be possible to just use it without having to go through an additional sign-in?

post-35324-0-23992900-1453166466_thumb.jpg

After I upgrade the forum to version 4.x (probably a few months from now--it will be an enormous amount of work for me), I will investigate getting a better, third-party chat system. One that allows multiple rooms to be setup (so we could have a TI-99/4A room), among other improvements. However, these are generally going to incur a monthly fee, so I want to take the time to thoroughly investigate and test several options before moving forward.

..Al

Mizapf,

Your above post looks fine to me? Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

The post editor has been completely redone for the next version of the software. It should be better in many ways. Whatever issues currently exist (and they do exist) are not things I would even dare to try and fix on my own. The editor is a rather labyrinthine bazaar of code that I'm not going anywhere near.

..Al

Schmitzi,

<< HERE >> is the link, you can save it in your favorites for quick access.

Chris,

I would not mind using it on the other monitor (like shown below), but it would require me to sign in to Google every time. I prefer to only be signed into one thing at a time. If it's not being abused, would it be possible to just use it without having to go through an additional sign-in?

use shift838.99er.net

I am moving away from wix.