IGNORED

Need Help Converting File to ATR Image!

Binarygeek

Hi all

In desperation, I turn to the forum...

I have a couple of Atari ROMS zipped into a single file on my PC that I need converted to an .ATR file. They are just a couple of Atari ROMS that I need to get on an Atari floppy that I can't seem to figure out yet how to do. I can get them on a floppy from the ATR file using APE/Pro Systems. I have used the APE program extensively, but only to convert from ATR to floppy, not from floppy to an ATR file (designed custom OS last year, and took the MAC/65 output and used APE to print out source code and to take 16K ROM file and burn it to the USB chip burner...took chip and re-inserted it into Atari. I don't think I ever needed an ATR file). If anybody could please convert the attached file (ATRme.rar) to an ATR file I would be most grateful. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon, but until then I could really use some help. Thanks all, folks.

Rick

ATRme.rar

Hi all

In desperation, I turn to the forum...

I have a couple of Atari ROMS zipped into a single file on my PC that I need converted to an .ATR file. They are just a couple of Atari ROMS that I need to get on an Atari floppy that I can't seem to figure out yet how to do. I can get them on a floppy from the ATR file using APE/Pro Systems. I have used the APE program extensively, but only to convert from ATR to floppy, not from floppy to an ATR file (designed custom OS last year, and took the MAC/65 output and used APE to print out source code and to take 16K ROM file and burn it to the USB chip burner...took chip and re-inserted it into Atari. I don't think I ever needed an ATR file). If anybody could please convert the attached file (ATRme.rar) to an ATR file I would be most grateful. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon, but until then I could really use some help. Thanks all, folks.

Rick

Here you are:

result.atr

Thanks fujidude

So what would a request for some firmware have to do with a 26 hour or so troubleshooting binge on the MegaSpeedy? Well, simply that the MegaSpeedy would not work when placed in the 1050 Duplicator mode...it would simply time out and die (in retrospect, I thought the MegaSpeedy designers had a sense of humor about the 1050 Duplicator). All other aspects worked as described. I feared that my MegaSpeedy might be defective. Finally, I noticed that after the ridiculous step-motor start up sequence of the Duplicator, that the read-write head landed OUTSIDE the track zero sensor, never allowing the track zero to register and the start-up sequence to fail. By adjusting the track zero (something I did not have to adjust after running and passing the 1050 Disk Diagnostics, something I did not have to do before I modified the drive, or I did not have to do with ANY other 1050 MegaSpeedy ROM), did the MegaSpeedy finally work Jeez, what a waste of time.

Rick

Get ATR Util 1.13! You can edit and make ATRs really easily, works on Win 7, not sure on newer versions. Should work

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/holmes%20cd/Holmes%202/PC%20Atari%20Utils/ATR%20Util%2095%201.13/index.html

http://atari.kensclassics.org/a8emulators.html

Edited by tjlazer

Get ATR Util 1.13! You can edit and make ATRs really easily, works on Win 7, not sure on newer versions. Should work

I've always had some issues with that tool, mainly with the paths of the Win directories as source or destination folders, sometimes it works, sometimes it complains with an error message... I'm not sure if it depends on the Windows version or language.

There is another tool called MakeATR, but it lacks the ATASCII/ASCII conversion, useful to transfer plain text files with EOL (char 155/$9B) to the PC and viceversa.

It actually has to do with spaces or other 'illegal' characters in the file name of the ATR. When I can send it a filename without spaces, it loads it fine. With spaces and I have to go thru the open file dialog box which it then opens with no problems. Wants to use the last folder a successful launch was done in too, if I find a decent solution I'll post something about it.