IGNORED

NOX / Death Chase

BinaryStar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow... I happened to stumble onto this auction for NOX: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEATH-CHASE-NOX-Vectrex-Combo-Cart-CIB-with-Overlay/391954116636?hash=item5b4249301c:g:8-4AAOSw5dlaSmgf

At seven bids so far, $275 US and still 45 minutes to go... Crazy! No offense to the developer - it's a nice game, but not $300 US nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... I happened to stumble onto this auction for NOX: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEATH-CHASE-NOX-Vectrex-Combo-Cart-CIB-with-Overlay/391954116636?hash=item5b4249301c:g:8-4AAOSw5dlaSmgf

At seven bids so far, $275 US and still 45 minutes to go... Crazy! No offense to the developer - it's a nice game, but not $300 US nice!

I can assure you the developers are as shocked as anyone.

A game is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Wanna buy my Protector LE copy? ;)

Somebody would want it (not me, I have one). 300USD isn't too far off from the last time one sold though.

Really? Was it a loose cart or something? No box, overlay or missing something? I did not realize they had dropped in price, but then again I place a higher value on my copy since George Pelonis was the original owner, having purchased it off him.

So, its just that little extra special. :)

Seriously thought, Protector LE is definitely one if not the best homebrew titles on the system, certainly setting the bar pretty high for all titles and releases on the Vectrex that followed.

The Nox / Death Chase release is right up there on the overall packaging alone...

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Was it a loose cart or something? No box, overlay or missing something? I did not realize they had dropped in price, but then again I place a higher value on my copy since George Pelonis was the original owner, having purchased it off him.

So, its just that little extra special. :)

Seriously thought, Protector LE is definitely one if not the best homebrew titles on the system, certainly setting the bar pretty high for all titles and releases on the Vectrex that followed.

I agree, except for the overlay. I don't understand why playing the game all pink/red is better than all white. I much prefer the homebrew Defender-style overlay.

The Nox / Death Chase release is right up there on the overall packaging alone...

This should be an incentive to release more homebrews complete with box/overlay/instructions. I wish there were some source for getting cardboard boxes made for games that never had them or only had the plastic ones, most of the Fury games alone should have full boxes available. Extra cost, and I understand many people aren't in the mood, so it wouldn't be part of the initial expense, only for people like me who like having them all on a shelf boxed up. And then, if you want/have to sell them at some point, the full packaging will actually pay off for them. Should be easier now with repro plastic inserts and paper overlay sleeves available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...