IGNORED

Off-Topic: Blizzard Coming My Way

Eric7100

There is a blizzard coming my way Friday night through Sunday morning, with the heaviest snow falling throughout the day on Saturday. Heavy snow will be falling at the rate of 1-2 inches per hour, with the possibility of 18-24+ inches total. There will also be gusty winds, thunderSNOW, and white-out conditions. (This also happens to be our first snowfall of the season.)

What this means for my new puppy remains to be seen. I guess she will regress to "going potty" back on the training pads.

Also, I am expecting an extremely important Intellivision delivery of a very rare item. The tracking says that it will be delivered on Saturday, but I just don't see that happening. Will my package be left and buried, or will it not be left at all?

Finally, will I have enough time on Sunday to shovel out before the AFC/NFC Championships in the afternoon? We shall see.

Is anybody else in this predicament? Who else out there is about to experience a blizzard?

I was assembling some circuit boards last night... Intellivision. I realized after putting the solder paste on that I was missing one part. I ordered some parts from Digi-Key in MN. I was expecting them here today, but they've only been "picked up" and haven't moved anywhere. In the meantime I put on all the other parts. Now the boards have to wait until the 4 day point (minimum) instead of 1 day. Oh well, the solder paste is still okay so far... .

/no expected snow in southern Ontario.

I was assembling some circuit boards last night... Intellivision. I realized after putting the solder paste on that I was missing one part. I ordered some parts from Digi-Key in MN. I was expecting them here today, but they've only been "picked up" and haven't moved anywhere. In the meantime I put on all the other parts. Now the boards have to wait until the 4 day point (minimum) instead of 1 day. Oh well, the solder paste is still okay so far... .

/no expected snow in southern Ontario.

The boards'll be alright...Just get a spray bottle of flux and give the boards a spurt before you reflow them :D

But you can always clean off the paste on the missing component's pads and reflow what you got, then you just got a little rework to do once the part has arrived

A blizzard is defined by snow and WIND. The wind speed has to be 35 mph and greater for it to be considered a blizzard.

Yep, and we're supposed to get the strong winds on Saturday, with gusts up to 60 mph. I'm in SE Pennsylvania. Now they're calling for "blizzard conditions" tomorrow, whatever that means.

Also, I am expecting an extremely important Intellivision delivery of a very rare item. The tracking says that it will be delivered on Saturday, but I just don't see that happening. Will my package be left and buried, or will it not be left at all?

I hope for an happy ending. Let us know.

What's this very rare item?