IGNORED

SGM Shipping. Speech Game Module.

juice2839

One last note: Please be aware that any software released by anyone that specifically blocks the Speech Game Module will be released by me as a fully fuctional game for free.

Thanks for your big mouth.

I'll leave here this copy of your menace for moderators enjoyment.

I've been thinking about something here today as I carefully hand assemble, inspect and test each one of these Speech Game Modules that are shipping shortly.

Why am I doing this?

For money? HAHA ... No I can tell you that for the headaches and time I would make more money working part time mowing lawns 1 time a week.

For fame? No I could care less about fame... LOL

The reason I do it is... I'm chasing a feeling..

Some people do drugs, some people drink booze or drive fast for a feeling..

I can tell you that I do this for the feeling I sometimes get making these projects.

It's the feeling of being 10 years old and opening up my first Coleco at Christmas, or the feeling I got writing my first basic program in the 80's. The feeling of hooking up my first circuit to my TRS-80 Color computer and seeing my dad not only cringe because at the time that computer cost a whole pay check, but the feeling I got when my circuit worked and he was so proud..

That's why I do this stuff. If I can make one person have that feeling when they open up one of the devices I helped create that's worth all the trouble this hobby brings. I know haters are going to hate and some people will be hurt that something better comes out. In the long run I think it helps the community to make projects that come out at a reasonable time after promised with healthy competition. I don't like to boast of vapor wear and get everyone hyped about something that will never come out. I hope that my reputation will show that when I saw something will come out it will.

Thanks for the listen,

Fred

Edited by juice2839

I can tell you that I do this for the feeling I sometimes get making these projects.

It's the feeling of being 10 years old and opening up my first Coleco at Christmas, or the feeling I got writing my first basic program in the 80's. The feeling of hooking up my first circuit to my TRS-80 Color computer and seeing my dad not only cringe because at the time that computer cost a whole pay check, but the feeling I got when my circuit worked and he was so proud..

That's why I do this stuff.

And that's why I do this stuff, too. But I wish you could do it without the drama. And I'm saying this as not someone who is coming on here looking for drama, but I think there are a lot of us in this community who could give you the support you need if it was done without all the negative banter back and forth with other people. Haters are going to hate, yes that is true. But you are going to end up also pushing some of your supporters away in the process.

Those four sentences of yours I quoted. Focus on that. The thought process that went into write that is what I want to support. I don't want to support any more drama between other parties. It's just not healthy for this community.

I'm saying this to be positive and to be helpful. That is all. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

• Like 3

And that's why I do this stuff, too. But I wish you could do it without the drama. And I'm saying this as not someone who is coming on here looking for drama, but I think there are a lot of us in this community who could give you the support you need if it was done without all the negative banter back and forth with other people. Haters are going to hate, yes that is true. But you are going to end up also pushing some of your supporters away in the process.

Those four sentences of yours I quoted. Focus on that. The thought process that went into write that is what I want to support. I don't want to support any more drama between other parties. It's just not healthy for this community.

I'm saying this to be positive and to be helpful. That is all. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Thanks Robb and I appreciate you being one of my biggest supporters.

So, let me get this straight. You join AtariAge and start cloning hardware created by other AtariAge members, in this particular case even using the same initials (SGM), continually troll and antagonize in various Opcode threads, and now that your posts are being moderated in the Opcode forum, you are upset? And on top of that, you are further threatening to disrupt the Coleco development community with statements like this?

Also I would like to point out that porting software from other games systems that is copyrighted is copyright infringement. This is exactly what opcode does..

Why any ColecoVision fans who want to see continued hardware and software development would support you puzzles me. This next statement is the icing on the cake, though:

One last note: Please be aware that any software released by anyone that specifically blocks the Speech Game Module will be released by me as a fully fuctional game for free.

So now you are publicly threatening to pirate homebrew software? Seriously? How can you even defend such a statement? I'm certainly not going to let you continue using AtariAge as a platform to attack and belittle other hardware and software developers. Why should I not simply ban you right now?

..Al

• Like 7

So, let me get this straight. You join AtariAge and start cloning hardware created by other AtariAge members, in this particular case even using the same initials (SGM), continually troll and antagonize in various Opcode threads, and now that your posts are being moderated in the Opcode forum, you are upset? And on top of that, you are further threatening to disrupt the Coleco development community with statements like this?

Why any ColecoVision fans who want to see continued hardware and software development would support you puzzles me. This next statement is the icing on the cake, though:

So now you are publicly threatening to pirate homebrew software? Seriously? How can you even defend such a statement? I'm certainly not going to let you continue using AtariAge as a platform to attack and belittle other hardware and software developers. Why should I not simply ban you right now?

..Al

Being that you are so biased I will not wasted my time defending the obvious. I will say that I have been in contact with Chris from Colecovision and all is not as it seems. Please PM me Albert.

Since I have not heard from you ,

Not even close to the same hardware and many added features.plus it's actually shipping before 3 years. Why some initials bother you I have no idea. Never trolled, only stated facts, but no one will ever know the truth as you delete posts.

Because they know a superior product and like to have it shipped on time. It's pretty simple.

So now you are publicly threatening to pirate homebrew software? Seriously? How can you even defend such a statement?

If there software is an original peice of work I won't hack theres to work. I would make a new game of my own. If it is what Opcode continuously does which is bootleg software then yes I will defeat the software that discriminates from using the speech game module. If you don't see your double standard then I give up.

Now I realize why when I looked at years past posts from people that can actually make cool new products and contribute to the colecovision community that they have suddenly disappeared.

Edited by juice2839

Being that you are so biased I will not wasted my time defending the obvious. I will say that I have been in contact with Chris from Colecovision and all is not as it seems. Please PM me Albert.

And you missed your chance to defend your position and to present apologies. Be mature and accept your mistakes.

Now I realize why when I looked at years past posts from people that can actually make cool new products and contribute to the colecovision community that they have suddenly disappeared.

And here we go again. You're not contributing nothing. You took an existing product and made a bootleg, capitalizing in the fact that many programmers have written games for the Super Game Module, including myself.

Opcode has been in Atariage for years and has contributed a lot to community including the Megacart PCB.

Given you're gifted for electronics and you made all those RGB composite video adaptors, why didn't you made a Colecovision motherboard? why not an Intellivision expander for Colecovision?

You choosed the wrong way, sir, and you have been unpolite and rude. You should recognize it and apologize to the community.

• Like 2

And you missed your chance to defend your position and to present apologies. Be mature and accept your mistakes.

And here we go again. You're not contributing nothing. You took an existing product and made a bootleg, capitalizing in the fact that many programmers have written games for the Super Game Module, including myself.

Opcode has been in Atariage for years and has contributed a lot to community including the Megacart PCB.

Given you're gifted for electronics and you made all those composite video adaptors, why didn't you made a Colecovision motherboard? why not an Intellivision expander for Colecovision?

You choosed the wrong way, sir, and you have been unpolite and rude. You should recognize it and apologize to the community.

Given you're gifted for electronics and you made all those composite video adaptors, why didn't you made a Colecovision motherboard? why not an Intellivision expander for Colecovision?
RGB adapter not composite. Big difference.
Edited by juice2839

You're right I will apologize for ED... Community, I extend my deepest apologize for Ed taking your money years ago and not sending you your product. With this apology I say this " If ED does not ship your item within 1 month from now and you retract your sale with him I will sell you a Speech Game Module at below cost atually $49.99 with free shipping in USA" . You must post on his thread you want your money back from him and then PM me. Maybe if enough people come together we can make a change for the better and start to get programmers and engineers on the same page and make some awesome new products like you mentioned. Motherboard and such..

Also when a new motherboard is built I will design for MSX and Sega support so that all these games do not need ported, they can just run on the new motherboard.

Edited by juice2839

Thanks Robb and I appreciate you being one of my biggest supporters.

You've just lost one of your biggest supporters. I'm sorry, but as much as I try to support everyone in this community, there HAS to be a sense of "community" in what I will support, and everything that has been shown in the past couple of days tells me that you're not willing to play along. I wanted to support you for the drop-in motherboard, that project looked awesome to me. And I was happy to help with the Juice Box assuming that was going to lead to bigger and better things that would benefit the community. I have told you in private that you shouldn't be using the SGM name for your Juice Box (what was wrong with that name?) and that I felt you'd have more people on your side if you tried to be part of the community, not against it.

There are all rules in life we have to follow. I don't always like having to follow them either, but you do it to make good and play fair with the others around you. I'm all about giving someone the benefit of the doubt and second chances. I had already given you a second chance. I really REALLY did want to be able to support you and your projects. But I can't anymore. I'm sorry.

• Like 4

You're right I will apologize for ED... Community, I extend my deepest apologize for Ed taking your money years ago and not sending you your product. With this apology I say this " If ED does not ship your item within 1 month from now and you retract your sale with him I will sell you a Speech Game Module at cost $49.99 with free shipping in USA" . You must post on his thread you want your money back from him and then PM me. Maybe if enough people come together we can make a change for the better and start to get programmers and engineers on the same page and make some awesome new products like you mentioned. Motherboard and such..

Also when a new motherboard is built I will design for MSX and Sega support so that all these games do not need ported, they can just run on the new motherboard.

Well, now is clear that this is your personal vendetta. It's clear you've no sense of community.

No point in following this discussion. I'm out.

• Like 4

No problems Robb. Thanks for the support you did offer. I wish you luck with the ship your on.

You've just lost one of your biggest supporters. I'm sorry, but as much as I try to support everyone in this community, there HAS to be a sense of "community" in what I will support, and everything that has been shown in the past couple of days tells me that you're not willing to play along. I wanted to support you for the drop-in motherboard, that project looked awesome to me. And I was happy to help with the Juice Box assuming that was going to lead to bigger and better things that would benefit the community. I have told you in private that you shouldn't be using the SGM name for your Juice Box (what was wrong with that name?) and that I felt you'd have more people on your side if you tried to be part of the community, not against it.

There are all rules in life we have to follow. I don't always like having to follow them either, but you do it to make good and play fair with the others around you. I'm all about giving someone the benefit of the doubt and second chances. I had already given you a second chance. I really REALLY did want to be able to support you and your projects. But I can't anymore. I'm sorry.

Well, now is clear that this is your personal vendetta. It's clear you've no sense of community.

No point in following this discussion. I'm out.

Excuse me no personal vendetta. I support the projects I make.. I won't leave the community high and dry.

Again I want to thank the tons of people that have been private messaging me with there support I really do appreciate it. I'll get to work again shipping these orders now.

Edited by juice2839

Why are people taking sides?

I've purchased both devices the SGM & Juicebox. I only make simple original games and don't have much influence around here but anything made for colecovision is interesting to me. I try to support most projects but have a limited budget to do so but have purchased many homebrews (50+) games from all parties as well.

I look forward to trying out this device as well. I'm going to add optional speech to my last game if you happen to have this device but my games are designed to work on stock hardware so it's just additional & not required.

It's just for fun.

• Like 2

its all about the number of user of that old colecovision... you publish your own game so you know the fan base... if two people sell the same thing you devide the market by 2 and its not worth the effort to build the device.... but the big fight its not about the speech chip its about the sgm if the device only give speech no fight no complain.... but you cant add a speech chip to the sgm since you need the exp port too so the speech chip as to be with the ay chip to work at that point put the ram extra ram too.....

if all those guys can put the rage againts each other away and work togheter imagine the device we could get as a colecovision fan....

• Like 1

Why are people taking sides?

To be clear, I am not "taking sides." I am choosing not to support Juice based on the attitude and destructive behavior I feel he may be doing to the community.

I've purchased both devices the SGM & Juicebox.

I have as well. And I would continue to support Juice if the attitude was different and the product didn't feel like it was trying to prove a point and just stood on it's own as something that benefited the community. I would gladly support Juice again if things were presented differently. Personally, I'd still like to see his motherboard happen, especially if it's a vehicle that allows people to get more F18A chips into their CV, because I feel that is one of the best products to come around that it doesn't seem many people have jumped on board due to the difficulty of installing it. If Juice could pave the way to make that process easier for people to have an F18A in their system, I think he'd really have a great product on his hands. But I've already told him this, but he chose to focus on the Juice Box and (at least what it seems from my perspective) go after Opcode and Eduardo, which I just don't think is healthy for this small community.

Just my several cents on the matter...

• Like 3