IGNORED

NES looks like crap on 4k tv...

My TV is a 32" Vizio, 720p and it has separate composite, S-Video, and component (2x) (plus RF and 2x HDMI, sadly RF doesn't like 2600 but works fine with 7800). Component mode is separate via remote controller from AV mode. AV mode auto switches between composite and S-Video. If there's signal in S-Video port, it's S-Video mode. If there's no signal, it's composite mode.

I can have both composite and S-Video cable plugged at the same time to a switch box and it'll happily pick the right mode. Looks like I may have to keep an eye on eBay for replacement TV of the same model should my fizzles and can't be fixed.

I miss when HDTVs had almost every analog and digital port known to man on the back.

So do I, my older HDTV had everything you could ask for in the US, multiple component and composite video inputs and S-Video. It even had a VGA input in addition to three HDMI inputs. It was just a 42" RCA CCFL-lit LCD cheapo I bought on Black Friday at Walmart in 2008, but it had full 1080p HD. My 2014 4K TV from Vizio, another Black Friday Walmart special, has just one combined composite/component input and will not show any 240p material.

So do I, my older HDTV had everything you could ask for in the US, multiple component and composite video inputs and S-Video. It even had a VGA input in addition to three HDMI inputs. It was just a 42" RCA CCFL-lit LCD cheapo I bought on Black Friday at Walmart in 2008, but it had full 1080p HD. My 2014 4K TV from Vizio, another Black Friday Walmart special, has just one combined composite/component input and will not show any 240p material.

This reminds me of my first real TV. I saved up and bought a Vizio 42" LCD. I specifically searched for this one because of the number of ports on here. 2 composite spots (1 had S-video), 1 component, 3 HDMI, and a VGA. It was a 1080p back when it wasn't as common. Cost me over $1000 for it. We still have it, but it's in a different room now. I... still really love that TV. I think it has a better picture (for retro gaming) than my current one.

I currently have a 4K TV, but I use all my classic consoles through a Framemeister, so that greatly helps the picture. However... the color doesn't seem perfect on it, and I have a hard time trying to adjust it by eye, so I've mostly left it alone.