IGNORED

Which compilation games are your favorites?

The compilation packs is what got me into retro gaming, starting with the ones for the PlayStation during the mid to late 90s. Some of my favorite compilation packs include:

PlayStation

Namco Museum Volumes 1-5

Arcades' Greatest Hits: Williams Collection, Atari Collection Vol 1 & 2, and Midway Collection 2

Arcade Party Pak

Activision Classics

Street Fighter Collection 1 & 2

PlayStation 2/PSP

Capcom Classic Collection Vol 1, 2, Remixed, Reloaded

SNK Neo Geo Collection

Sega Genesis Collection

Midway Arcade Treasures 1, 2, Extended Play

Namco Museum, 50th Anniversary, & Battle Collection

Edited by NeoTurboManiac
  • Like 1

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the Xbox 360 is excellent for Pac-Man Championship Edition & Galaga Legions, as well as all the other classics.

The 4 game Pac-Man collection on the GBA is pretty cool for what it is as well.

Then of course there's the plethora of amazing compilations for the PS2 previously mentioned.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of compilation packs! I have quite a few in my collection. A few of my favorites are:

-The Mega Man and Mega Man X ones on the PS2: There's no cheaper way to get these games all together on a real console, and the emulation is really nice. While I have all of the original NES cartridges, I was late to the game on the SNES games, and buying them now is just too much. And I dig the PS2 versions especially for the Mega Man X one because the controller layout is close to the SNES. I was actually playing the Mega Man X one yesterday!

-Konami Arcade Classics on the PS1 and the GBA are both great. The GBA one is a little easier to find, but the PS1 version has more games.

-All of the various Capcom ones that are out there are really great. The PSP had a few of them that were exclusive that were awesome.

-Speaking of the PSP, there were a lot of these that were on there, which was nice to have on the go. The SNK Classics one, the Metal Slug one, and EA Replay were all pretty solid.

-The Sonic Mega and Gems Collections were excellent in their time. The Gems one has a few games that are tough to find.

-All of the Namco Museum games were pretty good on the PS1. I have 1,3, and 5, and always had trouble finding 2 and 4. Someday...

-There are a few shooter comps that I have that I really love. Gradius III and IV, R-Types, and The Raiden Project are all awesome.

• Like 1