IGNORED

Say Game Module Software

juice2839

Someone has inquired about making a Basic Program with the Adam to make the speech work. This should be pretty simple for someone that is familiar with the Adam Basic. If there is an equivalent basic command for the assembly language out command then you would just need to do a few outs to set up the ay-3-8912 and then out the allophones and you'd have speech (see the assembly listing above for how to do it). If there is no equivalent out command in basic then someone could make a small machine language program to do the dirty work and basic could just transfer the allophone data to it.

If someone was really creative I think it would be fairly easy to modify the text to speech program used for the original speech device and make it work with this.

Edited by juice2839

Thanks for the code. I'm just waiting Alek complete his emulator support and my next game will take advantage of the speech game module. But would be very nice if you could produce a Module that works with French Secam Scart Colecovision. :)

If someone has one of these consoles they would like to donate for me to disassemble and figure it out I would.

Thanks for the code. I'm just waiting Alek complete his emulator support and my next game will take advantage of the speech game module. But would be very nice if you could produce a Module that works with French Secam Scart Colecovision. :)

Still have an issue with sound. We can here it, but we can't recognise what it is saying. Really don't know why. Still need to investigate more :/

Someone has inquired about making a Basic Program with the Adam to make the speech work. This should be pretty simple for someone that is familiar with the Adam Basic. If there is an equivalent basic command for the assembly language out command then you would just need to do a few outs to set up the ay-3-8912 and then out the allophones and you'd have speech (see the assembly listing above for how to do it). If there is no equivalent out command in basic then someone could make a small machine language program to do the dirty work and basic could just transfer the allophone data to it.

If someone was really creative I think it would be fairly easy to modify the text to speech program used for the original speech device and make it work with this.

There is no "OUT" command in SmartBASIC, so a programmer would have to create a ML routine to access your Speech Game Module and then convert it to DATA which could be POKEd into memory in SmartBASIC with a FOR-NEXT loop and then CALLed.

I seem to recall Rich Drushel's vastly improved SmartBASIC 1.x including such an OUT command... or something similar.

As you mentioned, it would probably be a lot easier to modify the SmartBASIC drivers and support programs that were supplied with the Eve Electronics SS-CC unit seeing as the speech chip used in your SGM is the same as the EVE unit. As I mentioned to Joe B. in an email, there isn't much going on as far as ADAM development, so it would really just be a novelty to access your SGM via ADAM specific software.

The more I look into the Adam the more I like it. If there is enough interest for adam devices I might work on some if not then I intend to play around with it just for my own curiosity.

Pretty much anything you could think of as far as hardware was developed for the ADAM (serial and parallel interfaces, memory expanders, midi, 80 column units, hard drives (RLL, MFM, IDE), speech unit, sound digitizers, etc., etc.), but not everything is easily acquired anymore except for what ADAMcon has available at ann.hollowdreams.com.

The BIG one that is missing and would be a huge hit for the retro-community would be an SD Drive that was capable of using emulator disk and data pack image files. There was one developed by Else about 5 years ago, but he only made 1 and never followed through with plans to produce and sell them. There is a lengthy thread on hear where Else describes and supplies pictures of his ADAMnet SD Drive if you are interested in searching it out. The only drawback to me was the image files where accessed by pressing buttons or switches on the PCB instead of the preferred method of through a software program like AtariMax does with their Ultimate SD Cart.

Anyway, I could see, and many others will probably chime in to agree, an ADAMnet SD Drive being a good seller and it would serve a great purpose in limiting all the wear and tear on our aging Digital Data and Disk Drives!

Pretty much anything you could think of as far as hardware was developed for the ADAM (serial and parallel interfaces, memory expanders, midi, 80 column units, hard drives (RLL, MFM, IDE), speech unit, sound digitizers, etc., etc.), but not everything is easily acquired anymore except for what ADAMcon has available at ann.hollowdreams.com.

The BIG one that is missing and would be a huge hit for the retro-community would be an SD Drive that was capable of using emulator disk and data pack image files. There was one developed by Else about 5 years ago, but he only made 1 and never followed through with plans to produce and sell them. There is a lengthy thread on hear where Else describes and supplies pictures of his ADAMnet SD Drive if you are interested in searching it out. The only drawback to me was the image files where accessed by pressing buttons or switches on the PCB instead of the preferred method of through a software program like AtariMax does with their Ultimate SD Cart.

Anyway, I could see, and many others will probably chime in to agree, an ADAMnet SD Drive being a good seller and it would serve a great purpose in limiting all the wear and tear on our aging Digital Data and Disk Drives!

I think it could be done with a little investment and time. I would start out making a prototype with something like an Arduino Nano and sd card reader. The tricky part is probably figuring out how the data is transferred with the tape drive and making an interface to mimic it, but if I found some other people that knew some of the technical side to the Adam it would be a project I would do...