IGNORED

Geneve 9640 HD Image File

Shift838

In the Geneve folder on whtech, there is the mdos_gpl_util.hd, and in the 9640news folder on whtech, there is the all.hd. I never got them running, there was a thread on here about that... Where Gazoo was helping someone get his image running.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/222783-9640-news-on-one-hard-disk-image/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2941192

http://ftp.whtech.com/Geneve/9640news/all.hd

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219686-geneve-support/?do=findComment&comment=2885278

http://ftp.whtech.com/Geneve/mdos_gpl_util.hd <-- If I remember right, when I dug around in here, there were games and such... and a menu... it was just too much for me to start with...

-M@

I tried the all.hd and it starts to boot but just hangs. It s hows it's 95mb. That's bigger than the HFDC can handle i think. I opened the image file in TIImageTool and was able to look at it, and it looks like it has all the 9640news disk catalogs in there.

The mdos_gpl_util.hd works with no issues. it has MDos 6.71 on it too.

Yes. The all.hd was created by me as a collection of all 9640news disks; you cannot boot from it. But you can copy folders to your boot disk, or you mount this drive as the second one.

To create a new bootable HD, you can use TIImageTool. Just create a harddisk image by "File->New->Harddisk image"; you can use the defaults, which will create a ST225 disk with 20 MiB capacity, or the maximum one with 1984 cylinders, 16 heads, 32 sectors, 256 bytes per sector (248 MiB).

Then go to "Utility->Install GeneveOS".

Make sure you set the correct hard disk type for MESS. For a ST225 you can use "st225"; for non-ST types just use "generic". This looks like this:

mess geneve -skip_gameinfo -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot8:hfdc:h1 generic -hard1 myharddisk.chd

Available hard disk types are "st213", "st225", "st251", and "generic". The difference (at this time) is that the ST types have a fixed geometry which must be matching between the image file and the type, while generic is a hard disk that can magically create enouch cylinders and heads to accomodate for any kind of image file.

Yes. The all.hd was created by me as a collection of all 9640news disks; you cannot boot from it. But you can copy folders to your boot disk, or you mount this drive as the second one.

To create a new bootable HD, you can use TIImageTool. Just create a harddisk image by "File->New->Harddisk image"; you can use the defaults, which will create a ST225 disk with 20 MiB capacity, or the maximum one with 1984 cylinders, 16 heads, 32 sectors, 256 bytes per sector (248 MiB).

Then go to "Utility->Install GeneveOS".

Make sure you set the correct hard disk type for MESS. For a ST225 you can use "st225"; for non-ST types just use "generic". This looks like this:

mess geneve -skip_gameinfo -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot8:hfdc:h1 generic -hard1 myharddisk.chd

Available hard disk types are "st213", "st225", "st251", and "generic". The difference (at this time) is that the ST types have a fixed geometry which must be matching between the image file and the type, while generic is a hard disk that can magically create enouch cylinders and heads to accomodate for any kind of image file.

What version of MDOS does TIIMageTool install ?