IGNORED

Commodore 64 plug and play

maxdrive

I suppose if there opens a significant scene for C64DTV homebrews, it might be a reason to mod one of yours. I know a few pieces of software have been made, but it doesn't seem to have taken off a lot? A quick search on CSDb suggests a couple demos, some fixed old games, one improved game (Boulder Dash) and one new homebrew (TMR's Blok Copy, which also exists in C64 version). If anything, it should be counterproof that there is no market for a reimagined Commodore 65 as some people are dreaming about, since it would likely get as little or even less attention than the DTV has had.

I suppose if there opens a significant scene for C64DTV homebrews, it might be a reason to mod one of yours. I know a few pieces of software have been made, but it doesn't seem to have taken off a lot? A quick search on CSDb suggests a couple demos, some fixed old games, one improved game (Boulder Dash) and one new homebrew (TMR's Blok Copy, which also exists in C64 version). If anything, it should be counterproof that there is no market for a reimagined Commodore 65 as some people are dreaming about, since it would likely get as little or even less attention than the DTV has had.

I honestly think they're two different things. The DTV was really a mass market mid-2000s device that hit at the height of popularity for TV games. The hacking part is something only a handful of people can do and/or were motivated to do. A modern iteration of the C-65 I think would have a completely different market and be far more appealing to the community than a DTV was as a device to hack (but obviously an order of magnitude less popular as a mainstream device, both in price and practicality).

I have two. I meant to mod one, but never got around to it. I may eventually still do it, but I have so much real Commodore stuff, there's not a lot of motivation.

I really liked the DTV overall, but really didn't care for the joystick portion.

This is me too pretty much word for word. Got 2 of 'em. Want to mod, but haven't. Keeps getting put on the bottom of the list of various projects . . .

I would like to add a serial port and be able to at least put the other games that have been created for the device on there, but I have very little motivation in turning it into a stand alone C64.