IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

Possibly the most interesting/important issue of TI*MES from the UK TI99/4a User Group- this one has lots of quite advanced TI Basic programming for Mini Memory (with modifications can be extended to ExtBas using the POKEV/POKER machine code extension) - and an impressive TI Basic demonstration programme for mini memory. (For original hardware- due to direct memory access may not work with modified consoles eg v2.2, QI or F18a).

Here for you to read, print,OCR or PDF is:

TI*MES (UK) No 6  October 1984  Part 1

This one will be in three parts, I will try to get part 2 in tomorrow and part three the day after with detailed contents.  The pages were printed to the edge (sometimes beyond) so I have often added extra margins.

Not in WHT so feel free to add it there or any other archive.

Issue 7 is on WHT already so the next scan after 6 will be No 8.

bb

times uk No6 Oct84_pt1.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TI*MES No 6 October 1984 part 3 of 3

This is the back cover, and I'm not happy with the scans at all- it just didn't look right to me at any dpi.  The low quality of the original didn't help - the old fashioned cut and paste using real paste... and recall it was copied on a black only photocopier (no real greys) onto fairly dark coloured paper.

The zip has three different versions for you to choose from or work on- my preference is for the greyscale version.

Anyway that is Issue 6 finished, which has some good content.  We will then move on  past issue 7 which is on WHT to issue 8 which has material on beginning with TI Forth.  Coming next week...

bb

times uk No6 Oct84_cover.jpg

times uk No6 Oct 84_64_bc.zip TIMES UK No6 Oct84 Contents.pdf

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 7

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 8, April 1985, Part 1

A zip of tifs for you to read, print, ocr, pdf, add to WHTECH....

This issue is dedicated to willsy - it has some forth content both for beginners and more advanced material.

Also a TI Basic program for the Mini Memory module which uses peekv and pokev to give you sprites and speech- or how to use vdp to do things.  Lots of reviews and helpful hints.

Part two at the weekend together with a detailed index.

And Happy Chinese New Year to all....

bb

times uk No8 APR85_pt1.zip

• Like 4

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 8, April 1985, Part 2 of 2

With the usual separate detailed contents list.

I am working on No 9 now, it is going to be at least three full parts and could even be the first 4 parter.  I am reluctant to drop the dpi to make it smaller.

times uk No8 APR85_COVER.jpg

times uk No8 APR85_pt2.zip times uk No 8 April 85 contents.pdf

• Like 6

A late correction to TI*MES Issue 8, top of page 46 - TI Forth.

Having FLUSHed the new Screen 3, the NEW word PAGE is left sitting there but it is not actually in memory yet!
If you proceed with ( ' PAGE . ) you will see an: ?
To correct matters-
When you have FLUSHed screen 3, type EMPTY-BUFFERS then 3 LOAD.
This replaces the copy of SCREEN 3 in memory with the new SCREEN 3 that we saved.
The word PAGE is now in memory and you can happily type ' PAGE

Sorry about that.....

bb

• Like 2

@matthew180 had given me some great unique material to scan...   here's the first four.

The late 1983 TI Home Computer Servicing Manual

TI XB Assembly Programmer's Guide

WHTech Interface Standard and Design Guide

and the Sam's TI-99/4A ComputerFacts 

TI994A_HC_Servicing_Manual_Oct_1983.pdf TI_XB_Assembly_Programmers_Guide.pdf Interface Standard and Design Guide - Western Horizon Tech.pdf Sams TI994A ComputerFacts.pdf

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 9, July 1985, Part 1 

This is going to be a four parter:  Part 1=pages 1 to 21; Part 2=pages 22-57 excluding 32 and 33; Part 3=pages 58 to 64; Part 4=Pages 32 and 33 (centre spread photographs).

I will add a detailed contents  list with part 4.

Magazine highlights include- Forth updates; Basic reading and writing directly to disk  (data won't show in directory); Using VDP registers in Basic for quick screen change, 32 Basic sprites  etc; a Logo procedure; and a little secret- in 1985 TI UK upgraded the TI RS232 card to FULL Centronics standard (new EPROM replacing existing ROM, and two new links)....

times uk no9 July85_pt1.zip

• Like 4

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 9, July 1985, Part 3  of 4

A zip of tifs for you to read, print, ocr, pdf, add to WHTECH...

Part 4 will be the centre spread photo gallery and is alone some 20MB - I included the full two page spread in one scan plus intensely high dpi detail scans from individual photos- note that the original print was a mono photocopy with no greys, although these pictures were at least screened to reproduce better.  Tomorrow you will see rather dodgy pictures of Peter Brooks, Clive Scally, Francis Parrish, Howard Greenberg...   bb

times uk no9 July85_pt3.zip

• Like 3

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 9, July 1985, Part 4  of 4 

A zip of tifs for you to read, print, ocr, pdf, add to WHTECH...

Part 4 is a centre spread photo gallery with extremely high dpi detailed extracts and a 600 dpi full 2 page scan - note the original page was a photocopy of screened photos so there was little original detail to work with.

And here is also a pdf with a detailed contents guide - and a thumbnail of the cover.

times uk no9 July85_pt4.zip times uk No 9 July 1985 contents.pdf

times uk no9 July85_cover.jpg

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 4

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 10, October 1985, Part 2 of 2 

Detailed contents pdf also below.

Highlights are using sound in TI Forth, faster SIN and COS in Basic and Forth, effect of using CALL KEY, using prescan switches in XB; speech in Forth... and more.

bb

times uk no10 Oct85_cover.jpg

times uk no10 Oct85 pt2.zip times uk No 10 Oct 1985 contents.pdf

• Like 4

On 2/6/2022 at 6:33 PM, acadiel said:

@matthew180 had given me some great unique material to scan...   here's the first four.

The late 1983 TI Home Computer Servicing Manual

TI XB Assembly Programmer's Guide

WHTech Interface Standard and Design Guide

and the Sam's TI-99/4A ComputerFacts 

TI994A_HC_Servicing_Manual_Oct_1983.pdf 7.97 MB · 152 downloads TI_XB_Assembly_Programmers_Guide.pdf 1.11 MB · 22 downloads Interface Standard and Design Guide - Western Horizon Tech.pdf 5.4 MB · 19 downloads Sams TI994A ComputerFacts.pdf 33.96 MB · 21 downloads

I had uploaded the sams document that was purchased from sams it was a horrible right from the start this scan is fantastic by comparison   thanks

• Like 1

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 11, January 1986, Part 1 of 2

Detailed contents pdf will be included with part 2 for the weekend.

I will try to include with part two a dsk file with Todd Kaplan's XB/ALT routine as it has a mention in TI*MES 11- if you have an assembly routine in DF80 format that will load with XB, Todd's program allows you to embed the machine code into an XB program- and it may be possible to then SAVE it to cassette for anyone with XB+32k but no disk system... watch this space.   And as it has crept in, if you see mention of a program in TI*MES that you would like but cannot find, let me know and I'll take a look- nothing after 1988 though which is when I stopped actively collecting- I could start a new topic for that rather than clutter this thread up.

An enormous number of TI programs have been lost to disk rot over the years especially user group collections held on flippies.... take care    BB

times uk no11 Jan1986_pt1.zip

• Like 4

Home Computer Magazine Vol.4 n.5 on-line on TI99iuc!
PDF (OCR) + Browse Online.
Updated scans in high quality and cleaned!

With this one, the 4th volume (5 issues) of this magazine is also completed (just few still missing).
In addition to the TI99, it also has stuff for other computers like: Vic20, C64, AppleII, PC e PCJr

Happy reading ?

>>Here<< you can find the main page with all the issues already worked.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4

UK Users Group Magazine TI*MES No 11, January 1986, Part 2 of 2 

Detailed contents pdf also below.

Plus a dsk file in v9t9 format for Todd Kaplan's XB/ALT routine- the source and object code plus instructions. Not specifically noted but you can also try  SAVE CS1 with the embedded assembly in XB program.

Issues 12 and 13 are on whtech already so next I'm working on issue 14.

times uk no11 Jan1986_cover.jpg

times uk no11 Jan1986_pt2.zip times uk no11 Jan 86 contents.pdf XBALT.dsk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1