IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

I found another Foundation Z80 Card - Manual (PDF, 145 pages, 39MB, maybe from WHTech ?)

I think this is another version then the recently scanned (PDF, 156 pages, 62 MB, Aug. 2017)

Not sure, so I just post it.

Can you point me to that other topic/file pls ? thx

Z80 Card document.PDF

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ho,

I saw some pics of the TI "display shelfes" (as used in the warehouses BITD) here on AA (or FB),

but I cannot find them right now. Can you please point me there or post them here again ?

thanks a lot

Example (see on the right side)

post-41141-0-27075400-1523215624.jpg

• Like 4

That was the standard store display stand--and you had to use them standing up. I played many TI games in stores while standing at one of those stands. . .and I just received a bunch of cartridges that had been removed from one or more of those stands at some point in time (or more because the cartridges used several different attachment methods, and the cartridges on one stand were usually all attached using just one of the possible attachment methods).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's another really uncommon item, the manual for the TI BASIC Support Module, which appears to be the genesis of the BASIC Support Routines in both the MiniMemory and the E/A cartridges. The cartridge also had a RM option, so it had a bit more of the Minimem in it. . .

I took the scan I had and cleaned it up by typing the entire thing in (the original was too poor in quality to do an OCR scan of it). It includes the source code for the BSM, a debug version of the EA, the EA BASIC Support Routines, and the EA Save routine.

The file is much better size-wise too--535K instead of 6.1M

I have one of the cartridges as well. This manual just completes the set. :)

TI BASIC Support Module (Complete).pdf

• Like 7

HOME AUTOMATION

I do not believe that there was ever a hard copy of documentation that was released with Universal Disassembler. The "docs" are in a HELP command on the main menu once booted.

Here are the two versions I have.

UNIVDIS_23.DSK

UNIVDIS_12.DSK

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Oooooh. This looks rather good. It seems to be rather more powerful than the mini-memory extensions.

And incredibly RARE.

What are the chances of a BIN file for the FG99???

Thanks- an interesting read.

Note it was the the 99/4- have you tried it on the 99/4a?

Stephen

Here's another really uncommon item, the manual for the TI BASIC Support Module, which appears to be the genesis of the BASIC Support Routines in both the MiniMemory and the E/A cartridges. The cartridge also had a RM option, so it had a bit more of the Minimem in it. . .

I took the scan I had and cleaned it up by typing the entire thing in (the original was too poor in quality to do an OCR scan of it). It includes the source code for the BSM, a debug version of the EA, the EA BASIC Support Routines, and the EA Save routine.

I'll have to track my copy down in the collection and get it read out (that may take a while, as I haven't seen the box I keep it in in a few years--horrendous filing system in my computer space). I made my soft copy of the manual from the old photocopy I had in my collection about five years ago--and worked on cleaning it up off and on since, as time allowed. It does work on both the /4 and the /4A.

• Like 1

Wow....Thanks, this is pretty cool! Never knew that it existed! I was specifically looking for the code for the EA Save; you're a mind reader.

• 4 months later...

Hi there. There seem to be a lot of manuals and documents not readily available in good condition, so I am going to delve deep into my boxes of treasure in the New Year and drip feed manuals into this thread. There seem to be very few cassette/disk program documents available so I will have a lot of those, and will be improving on the WHT scans in due course- my average is only a couple of pages a day so this will keep me occupied for a while. I have quite a lot of "Not Polyoptics" manuals.

If a document is already on ti99iuc, I won't repeat it if possible.

To give maximum flexibility I will scan to tif format and then zip each set together - then you can ocr or move to pdf or print exactly as you want.

Here is the first set. Let me know if something is horribly inconvenient at this early stage and I may be able to adjust things....

Funware Ambulance and Henhouse, and a rare cassette, Spelling and Phonics Tutor from Maple Leaf.

ambulance.zip

sp_phonic_tutor.zip

henhouse.zip

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Two cassette games from Not Polyoptics- KHE SANH and TICKWORLD.

I have almost a full set of these if anyone is interested? These original docs had a page height of 178mm and if not photocopies were at least reduced in size on a copier.

I have started work on Super Extended Basic (Triton) (Vn 120) - it may take a day or so...

stephen

tickworld.zip

khesanh.zip

• Like 4

Two cassette games from Not Polyoptics- KHE SANH and TICKWORLD.

I have almost a full set of these if anyone is interested? These original docs had a page height of 178mm and if not photocopies were at least reduced in size on a copier.

I have started work on Super Extended Basic (Triton) (Vn 120) - it may take a day or so...

stephen

I am interested!

More Not Polyoptics programs to follow then!

The Not Polyoptics cassette games are fairly easily available from many collections, including the following titles from my own website:

99 vaders; Addvance; Ant Wars; Backgamon; Bankroll; Cars and Carcasses; Cosmopoly; Crosses; Hordes; Khe Sanh; Laser Tank; Maze of Ariel; Ophyss; Sengoku Jidai; Ships!;Starship Pegasus;Tickworld;Tower; Winging It

Disks are at http://shawweb.myzen.co.uk/stephen/pc99dsk.htm(also has Mess format DSK files)

There are some thumbnails of some programs to be found at http://shawweb.myzen.co.uk/stephen/stainless9.htm

Who knows- someone may compile them to module format! Back to scanning Super Extended Basic,... then some more Not Polyoptics will follow. Why "Not Polyoptics"? Cos its not going to be called Polyoptics.... you can still pick up some of Michael Capobianco's SF books on Amazon.

stephen

• Like 3

Manual for Super Extended Basic (1987) , a module made by Triton and reporting itself as Version 120 when you use CALL VERSION.

This incorporated into the module extra calls which had been made available to disk drive owners for a while plus a separate bit map graphics program which was relatively isolated from other Extended Basic use- the Draw N Plot routines need 32k ram.

The module was sold with the original TI XB Manual plus this supplement, supplied as a series of TIF files, for you to OCR, print or make into PDFs as you prefer. The page height matched the TI manual.

sxbmanual.zip

post-47425-0-13365000-1546775531.png

• Like 4