IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

I usually try to keep my scans as good as possible for the same reason: data preservation. Some scans actually sharpen bad copies a little--enough that I can blow it up and type a restored copy into my computer. I've done this with about a dozen really poor quality scans in the past, and will probably do at least that many more as I get time to do so. The compressed PDF format is good for day-to-day use though, so it has great value too!

• Like 4

Yeah, this is for the convenience of the masses, nothing more. Black box is doing us all a great service by putting them up in the original format. I on the other-hand take a few liberties "here and there". For instance in this one I cropped and straightened the cover page, which required the text in the upper right-hand side to be redone.

I'm not sure how much difference you'll see, but this time I've put both versions up, the original at 10.1mb and the compressed version (-88%) at 1.23mb. If you notice any difference after printing let me know and I may not make the compressed versions any more.

Zombie Mambo - Full.pdf

Zombie Mambo -Compressed.pdf

• Like 1

Hey Omega,

my post was just to highlight too much compression of the document and to the detriment of so much loss of quality.
now in these PDFs you have used a better compression ratio, bravo! :)
i have this problem, Doing a lot of graphic work maybe I'm suffering from fussiness :P
  • Like 1

TIventure - Wizard's Dominion by American Software Design & Distribution Co. (ASD&D)

attachicon.gifWizards Dominion.zip

are you the owner of the website that contain these scans?

https://www.mocagh.org/loadpage.php?numrows=42&getcompany=ti994a&series=Other+Games&npp=25&start=25

I knew already your website and i want congratulate for the nice pieces of software you have.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

are you the owner of the website that contain these scans?

https://www.mocagh.org/loadpage.php?numrows=42&getcompany=ti994a&series=Other+Games&npp=25&start=25

I knew already your website and i want congratulate for the nice pieces of software you have.

That is not my website. I found them on an old external drive that I was going through today.

A requested manual!

Teach Yourself Extended Basic manual, as a zipped collection of hi def tif images for you to OCR, print or PDF as you wish.

This time I have included a scan of the cassette for those of you who collect images of labels and media. Side two of the cassette had no label.

Stephen

Teach_Y_Ext_Bas.zip

• Like 4

post-47425-0-32707400-1548081808.png

Manuals for a couple of early TI diskette programs this time:

PROGRAMMING AIDS 2

PROGRAMMING AIDS 3

Both in a zip of hi def tifs for you to ocr, print or pdf as you wish.

I do have PA1 but that is fatter and much lower down the pile.

Coming up in the next week I have planned: Market (TI- very early copyright: 1972!); Zero Zap (MB), Norton 3D star trek, FFF Shuttle Command.

Have fun.....

Stephen

Prog_Aids_3.zip

Prog_Aids_2.zip

• Like 5

Hi Lee!

Big thank you for scanning this.

In case nobody else noticed, this document contains a not yet released updated version of the "GPL interface specification for the 99/4 Disk Peripheral".

So far we had Version 2.0.

This one from Lee is updated and got renamed to also covers the 99/8: "GPL Interface specification for the 99/4 and 99/8 Disk Peripheral".

It also explains when the Buffer is not in VDP but in CPU Ram like on the 99/8.

Many thanks again!

• Like 1

Some documentation in hi res TIF format, for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

MARKET SIMULATION- TI Disk - a background copyright of 1972 is indicated, quite an ancient program.

ZERO ZAP- module- Milton Bradley. Unusual format for module documentation, those graphics- especially the arrows- almost look hand-drawn.

3D STAR TREK- cassette- Norton Software- UK VERSION of documentation.

regards

Stephen

Market_TI.zip

zerozap.zip

3D_Startrek_Norton.zip

• Like 4

OK, take a deep breath for the docs for:

Beach Micro-Scenes by Family Computing Inc; one of LOGO MICRO-SCENES from American Software Design and Distribution Co.

For LOGO on cassette or disk.

post-47425-0-42887100-1548449826.jpg

Hi res clean documentation in TIF format for you to pdf, ocr or print - INCLUDES the cue cards.

Have fun...

Stephen

beach micro scenes_logo.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 3

Something a little unusual- docs for a hybrid device/module:

Personal Peripherals Inc Super Sketch Sketch Master.

post-47425-0-12792300-1548524517.jpg

The zip has a variety of image goodies-

the envelope containing the "documentation", the single page instructions, the four pictures supplied to trace, and a few photographs of the module/device.

This is the ONLY module I have where the module label folds underneath the module instead of the normal label that folds over the top of the module.

enjoy

Stephen

supersketch.zip

• Like 2

Note that there are six Navarone cartridges that can also be found using this particular cartridge case: Disk Fixer, Super Duper, Data Base Manager, Speed Reading A, Speed Reading B, and Console Writer. I personally have physical examples of all but Speed Reading A in this case, but Ciro has one of this variety, so I know they exist. Most Navarone cartridges are in either the Romox or TI style cases (or both). Only the six titles listed above can also be found in the Personal peripherals cases, and finding them is a bit of a hunt, but perseverence pays off. I've found all of mine in the last four years, once I realized these variants existed. They usually hide in plain sight because they generally resemble the TI cases, but close examination allows ready identification. I got my Data base Manager cartridge from a collector who claimed they had no cartridges in these cases--and asked me for the best ways to identify them. A month later, he sold me the cartridge as it was excess to his needs--and it was in a PPI case! He didn't know he had it, and was very surprised when I told him that it was the weird case variant.

• Like 3