IGNORED

SOLD Super 8 (keep open for discussion if mods want)

toptenmaterial

It's been really interesting reading through this thread. Years ago, I attempted to transfer some of my family's old 8 mm movies to video using a projector and digital camcorder setup. Not professional by any means, but it worked well . . . until the old film started to break. I decided at that point it was best to get the work professionally done. One of my siblings took all of the old movies and was to look into it. Don't know if that ever happened.

I still have a couple of old 8 mm cameras, including one belonging to my grandfather, as well as an 8 mm and 16 mm projector. They're more decoration now than anything, though.

I miss film. HD video is obviously better than those 8 mm cameras, and camcorders are much more user friendly, but there's still something special about film.

• Like 1

It's been really interesting reading through this thread. Years ago, I attempted to transfer some of my family's old 8 mm movies to video using a projector and digital camcorder setup. Not professional by any means, but it worked well . . . until the old film started to break. I decided at that point it was best to get the work professionally done. One of my siblings took all of the old movies and was to look into it. Don't know if that ever happened.

I still have a couple of old 8 mm cameras, including one belonging to my grandfather, as well as an 8 mm and 16 mm projector. They're more decoration now than anything, though.

I miss film. HD video is obviously better than those 8 mm cameras, and camcorders are much more user friendly, but there's still something special about film.

You could scan them frame by frame and put them all back together with some software.

So, a bit off topic but I figured I'd ask. I'm going to be making a little movie with my soon to be acquired Super 8. I'm going to get the Super 8 film put on a DVD and rip it to my hard drive for editing, since I know zilch about film editing. Now, I want to make a sort of shaky, grainy silent film type of intro, same for dialog (whatever that is called, not exactly subtitles). What is a good, cheap video program to make those effects? Thanks.

Anyone have luck getting any type of film developed with decent quality? I bought a few roles of 35mm for my old Pentax ME Super a few years ago as an experiment. Took a bunch of pics at an outdoor party, but when I had it developed, the color was awful. My mistake was probably bringing it to Walgreens. I think they use a Fuji Frontier system. My digital prints are usually ok from them.

I recently one on eBay a 35mm film of the Atari 5200 Pole position commercial. I bid cheap and got it cheap. I'd like to get it transferred to digital but have to figure out the best place to send it.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEj4RNpYME

I bought it because I'd like to see a better quality version of it on the Net.

Allan

Anyone have luck getting any type of film developed with decent quality? I bought a few roles of 35mm for my old Pentax ME Super a few years ago as an experiment. Took a bunch of pics at an outdoor party, but when I had it developed, the color was awful. My mistake was probably bringing it to Walgreens. I think they use a Fuji Frontier system. My digital prints are usually ok from them.

Yes. I go to Kerry's Warwick Photo in Warwick RI and she has always been exceptional. It's totally independent. I do a lot of 35mm processing done there. Phone number is (401) 732-0208, I'm sure that you could mail in a roll.

• Like 1

I recently one on eBay a 35mm film of the Atari 5200 Pole position commercial. I bid cheap and got it cheap. I'd like to get it transferred to digital but have to figure out the best place to send it.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEj4RNpYME

I bought it because I'd like to see a better quality version of it on the Net.

Allan

I love watching this!!! A favorite of mine for sure. Edited by toptenmaterial

• 6 months later...