IGNORED

-^Cro§Bow^-

save2600

Just received my 7800 back from AV mod service. The services Jesse provides are nothing short of exceptional. He is on a customer service planet all to himself! Love the videos he records that demonstrate the work done and comparisons of video modes and what to look for. Very informative and a good way to learn a few things.

This is the second system he has done for me as I sent him my 5200 a few months back. After playing the 5200 post AV mod, I couldn't deal with the 7800's original RF signal any longer, so off it went to Jesse. Looking forward to playing these systems for years to come.

I hope to work with Jesse again in the future and highly recommended his services to anyone looking to improve their old consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent two of my Saturn power supply boards to Jesse for recapping.  He already had the cap kits ordered before I sent him the boards.  He had them both done within a few days of getting them and I had them back in my hand a week later.  His soldering job looks great and he even put the old caps in a sandwich baggie and included them in the return package.  I already put one of them back in my Saturn and it's running just fine without getting too hot or wavy lines going through the picture like it was before.  I'm super happy with the transaction and I would recommend his services to anyone who wants some work done on their hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to do this for awhile.  I've been doing all of my mods with Crossbow for the last 2 years. Haven't even really considered anyone else after I liked the quality of the first mod he did for me, which was composite modding my Atari 7800 in summer of 2018 (IIRC).

But I've gone back to him (many) times since then. A list of what I can remember -

1. Atari 7800 composite mod

2. SNES jr LED addition 

3. Sega Master System FM mod

4. Sega Genesis model 1 recap

5. Colecovision composite mod

6. Atari 7800 - sent back for S-video mod that I stupidly didn't do the first time

7. 32x s-video mod/repair

And what I consider the coolest - I had Crossbow do something I've always wanted to see - a 'drill-less' Sega Master System s-video mod. 

sms.thumb.jpg.975684d210decdad4a8c3ecb2e91f2d9.jpg

..So when I had him do the FM mod originally, I said to remove the RF from the motherboard and put it in the channel switch. SO this time when I wanted to add S-video, I figured - let's put the s-video in the other RF port hole, and use the audio off the composite. Presto! Not aware of anyone else having done this before, but I love it and it looks fantastic.

Not only that, but he also pause modded this SMS and modded an aftermarket controller to work with it. So it's probably the most tricked out SMS in existence. 

So I cannot recommend him enough. His contact is excellent; some modders I dealt with in the last would go radio silence for long periods, but he does not, and tolerates my 50 questions ha. In the future I will probably have other things done (thinking about trying to do a pause controller mod on the 7800 with the same idea behind the SMS one) again with him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It started with a trade with Jesse and turned out to be a full servicing of my Colecovision! This fine gentleman added a nice rocker switch, LED light (in a sweet amber-ish color), recapped the entire board (including forward thinking ways of the recap job for the caps under the RF modulator) and added an RGB/Composite board that allows the system to use a Genesis model 2 style a/v cable for either composite (what I am using for the time being) or crisp RGB.

The communication was stellar. Not only did he request my input quite often as to what I wanted and where I wanted it (color of the LED, placement of the RGB port) but provided me with videos of the work including an over 18 minute personalized video of detailed explanations of everything that had been done along with gameplay examples with the unit displaying in both the composite and RGB modes.

I am seriously completely floored at the level of customer service here. I didn't think something like this existed in this day and age.

The unit came back to me today in such superb shape. He cleaned it too! It looks 10X better than when I sent it out...and it was pretty clean then. Everything looks astounding and works great. This Colecovision is now better than new. I suspect it will outlive me.

All said, I not only can recommend him, but he will now be my only go to guy for anything that I need for my consoles that he is willing to provide. I would trust this man with any of my systems. I cannot say that about anybody else.

Need some work done? Check with him. Maybe he can perform the work that you need. You will NOT regret it!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

For an absolute professional product and service, I cannot recommend Jesse/-^Cro§Bow^- enough.  He delivered in spades on a 7800 console with UAV mod, as well as several other services: capacitor kit, switches upgraded, new voltage regulator, and more.  The quality and craftsmanship are second to none.  Excellent communication throughout, which included high quality large pictures and a complete HD video presentation of the product with detailed explanation.  It's quite impressive and excels above any service I ever experienced before with a console mod.

Respecting the amount of time, effort, and meticulous details that went into the console, I thought I would pay near double than what I did.  To say I am entirely pleased and would highly recommend Jesse for anyone's console mod needs would be an understatement.  You want quality parts, labor, and presentation along with a professional yet friendly touch, that goes above and beyond, look no further.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow.

That's all I can say about Jesse. I had him modify an Atari 7800 with a series of upgrades where he gave feedback, educated me, pushed back gently, and ended up with a perfect "ultimate" Atari 7800 with UAV, gold "bling" connectors, an ultraviolet LED, upgraded PAL/Asteroids OS, and new standard barrel-type power port.

In this process, he wrote extensive emails with in-depth answers to my technical queries, showed dozens of pictures of work-in-progress, and ultimately made a 20+ minute video explaining all of the features of my newly upgraded 7800. I learned a lot, and got the perfect result back, with an amazing attention to detail and an educator's touch to helping me understand everything.

Honestly, I believe there is no better place to put your trust than Jesse. His work is flat-out amazing. His intelligence and diligence are admirable. "Value for money" is too hollow a phrase. He's worth every penny he asks, and more. I only wish he was local to me so we could have a beer.

Recommend. Highly.

And then some.

• 2 weeks later...

Just never disappoints! Recently sent him my backup Lynx unit which was DOA. He got it up and running and in doing so, discovered that it had an oddball Model II board (C104129-001 Rev. 2). This meant that I couldn't get the BennVenn LCD upgrade, but (with some tweaking) the board could work with the McWill LCD. As always, Jesse tested/replaced all necessary caps, etc. and the unit is looks, sounds and plays like new.

In addition, earlier this year I sent him my Sears heavy sixer which was also DOA and he brought it back to life. This console is not modded, but his refurbishment made a difference, as I am getting a much cleaner RF signal than I was before (when it was working).  Jesse always goes above and beyond with each repair. His customer service is unparalleled and I highly recommend him.

Absolutely amazing work! I recently sent Jesse my 5200 in order for him to perform his magic on this console It previously had a basic composite mod which worked OK however suffered from some severe interference. Jesse added the excellent UAV board to it, added S-Video and buttoned up the insides a bit to make the connections very sturdy. It came out GREAT. The video quality over S-Video is just jaw dropping!

This is now the second console that Jesse has worked on for me (first being the Colecovision) and I can honestly say that he is the only person I will trust with my beloved vintage consoles. The work is extremely professional and I cannot recommend him enough. The turn around time was also ridiculously fast....even during a pandemic and the holiday season!

Now I can enjoy the 5200 through the holiday season and I can't thank you enough Jesse!

• 1 month later...

I sent my GBA to Jesse to do the LCD screen upgrade and I am ecstatic at how well it came out.  I also had the case changed so the system is now pretty much a new system!  Jesse did a superb job!  He communicated often and even made a video for me to see what had been done to the GBA.  If you're looking for someone to work on your consoles, Jesse is your man.  Here's a picture of my GBA's old case and the new upgraded system.

NEGzTKY.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I sent two of my Game Gear systems to Jesse for modding.  One of them got the RetroKAI adaptive backlight and the other got the RetroKAI magic screen kit.  They both turned out fantastic and I'm very happy with the experience.  If anyone has some mod work they'd like done, but doesn't have the skills or tools to do it, don't hesitate to reach out to Jesse.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent Jesse my A/V modded 7800 initially to fix the TIA sound issue when playing from the Dragonfly flash cart.

I ended getting the works with cap replacement,  switch replacement,  new LED color light, power regulator installation,  and UAV S-Video mod.

Excellent communication which included a video explaining the work done and the improvements,  extremely reasonable price, and super fast turnaround. 

I highly recommend Jesse for your retro consoles needs!

Edited by Oldschool80skid

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Jesse my 7800 for the A/V mod and several additional upgrades (UAV, LED Replacement (amber/yellow), Premium switches, DC-DC regulator).  Great job, excellent communication and just superb all around. 

If you want to upgrade your console, Jesse is the man. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received my Atari Lynx Model 1 back from Jesse performing an install of a Bennvenn LCD, along with a recap and replacement of power stage components.

I could not possibly have imagined the level of professionalism and customer service that he provided from start to finish throughout the mod process.

• He notified me immediately when he received my console, and sent preview pics of the first steps of the mod, replacing the caps and power stage components.
  • After installing the screen, he sent and AWESOME personalized video showing the completed console in action. If you want to see the amazing degree of professional service you can expect from Jesse, see this link: Daniels Lynx 1 Demo - YouTube
  • Today when I received the Lynx back, I was amazed with how well it was packaged. I thought that I had packaged it securely when I sent it out, but the materials he used were on a completely different level. Even the cartridge I had left in the console was removed and placed in its own pop paper bag.

I could not be more satisfied with the results, process, and price for the services Jesse provided and would HIGHLY recommend him for any mods that you may need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Crossbow for pointing me to the needed repair info of Intelivision II. It appears you are a repairer of these Inttly's and maybe I can lighten your work load as a competitive repairer as well. I do great work on the 2609's, and want to excel at the 2nd Gen as well.

Another question: Do you have a repair for the cosmetic round brass disc on the directional button on the 2609's? I've thought about buying some brass stock sheet from McMaster/Carr (maybe 16 gauge) but wonder how I could cut them out. I have a hole saw kit but think that might make some bad looking edges. Maybe someone still makes these????

14 hours ago, walldog1 said:

Another question: Do you have a repair for the cosmetic round brass disc on the directional button on the 2609's? I've thought about buying some brass stock sheet from McMaster/Carr (maybe 16 gauge) but wonder how I could cut them out. I have a hole saw kit but think that might make some bad looking edges. Maybe someone still makes these????

I've sent you a PM in regards to this post.

But to answer this question, there is a member here at AtariAge that makes replacements that can be found here:

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/products/intellivision-metal-controller-disc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I had -^CrossBow^- install a 7800 Chroma Fix board into my 7800 which he had previously modded for S-Video.  I had been having issues with some colors being shifted over about a quarter of an inch from where they should be which made many games look terrible.  The board fixed 99% of the problem and everything now looks great.  I also had my 4 port 5200 modded for direct power so I no longer need to have the switch box.  Everything looks absolutely great!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

This last weekend dropped my Atari 400 off with Jesse to add a 1056k card. He sent pics of the work after he finished it, which looked really good. Then he also cleaned up the 400. It had been sitting a friend's father's attic for who knows how many years and it showed. After he was done cleaning it the computer looked like new. Even took a look at the motherboard and replaced a few things there that had aged badly. Can't say enough about how easy he was to work with and how excellent his work is! Contemplating adding either a UAV or an SCCC to improve the video output and will definitely take the computer to him to have the mod done. His communication before, during and after the memory upgrade was great!

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

This Canadian gives Jesse an A+++.

Jesse recently modded a used Atari 7800 for me. I got the works done - so all the mods possible that he currently offers for the 7800 - I got that sweet Kiloparsec BIOS installed - love love love it!!!!! He let me ship the console directly to him after I bought it from a USA seller on eBay.

Jesse's communication is exceptional. His work is amazing. The personalized video of the work he did for me was amazing. He is simply superb at what he does. I'd love to meet him in-person someday and treat him to a steak dinner!

Don't hesistate to do business with Jesse. I am sad my business with him is over. 

THANK YOU, JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I’d like to +1 Jesse. Not only is he a stand up guy, not only has he repaired or assisted on repairs for many of my devices (the sweetest by far might be the Lynx refurb and screen replacement he did), but he’s helping me upgrade the firmware on a device for FREE for only the cost of postage simply out of kindness. They don’t come much better than you Jesse. Thank you 🙏