IGNORED

Piggy Bank Tips

Sir Jay

Okay, I received piggy about a week ago. I have probably played it on and off for an hour or two. The dang snow level keeps killing me. I know one of the piggy threads had some discussion on piggy levels and tips, but I looked for it amd couldn't find it. Plus, it is probably buried. With another batch of piggy's just released, I thought this might be a good time to start a thread for those of us looking to dig into piggy. I'll start: Is there a trick for jumping the guy on the middle of the screen on the left side in the snow level?

Btw, I really like this game so far. I do wish the music that plays during the level title screens played during the actual levels. I would also love it if there was a secret wall or green pipe that would lead to more green pipes that would allow me to skip around and play all the levels without earning them.

Its all about timing.. this whole game actually. Placement too, lots of pixel perfect stuff. Remember, for a little more hang time/Air Time, hold the jump button down a little longer.

To clear the Polar Bears on level 6, climb up the ladder and get on the step. Hang about half way off it as its coming towards you and when it gets to the edge/middle of the ladder, jump over it and keep moving once cleared. The last 2 bears are even tougher but just observe their movements and make a move when the time is right.

Thats the best way i can put it into words, I might do a video someday but i've only made it to level 14 or so. Practice, practice, practice.. You'll get it eventually. ;)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

I would also love it if there was a secret wall or green pipe that would lead to more green pipes that would allow me to skip around and play all the levels without earning them.

I can neither deny nor confirm that the Piggy has such warping powers. But if it did, they would be fueled by bacon and overpriced eBay tat. :ponder:

And if it doesn't, it certainly wouldn't be an Easter Egg worth hunting...

-dZ.

Its all about timing.. this whole game actually. Placement too, lots of pixel perfect stuff. Remember, for a little more hang time/Air Time, hold the jump button down a little longer.

To clear the Polar Bears on level 6, climb up the ladder and get on the step. Hang about half way off it as its coming towards you and when it gets to the edge/middle of the ladder, jump over it and keep moving once cleared. The last 2 bears are even tougher but just observe their movements and make a move when the time is right.

Thats the best way i can put it into words, I might do a video someday but i've only made it to level 14 or so. Practice, practice, practice.. You'll get it eventually. ;)

Also, you'll find out soon enough that there is but one single path to successfully complete a level. Some paths may lead to dead-ends, which will require the Piggy to lose a life in order to try again. Be mindful of the layout of a level, and try to find the most optimal path.

dZ.

• Like 1

I'll try hanging off the stair a bit and see if that helps. I only made it over the polar bear once, my first try, and then died the next fifteen or twenty times.

I can neither deny nor confirm that the Piggy has such warping powers. But if it did, they would be fueled by bacon and overpriced eBay tat. :ponder:

And if it doesn't, it certainly wouldn't be an Easter Egg worth hunting...

-dZ.

Well if the Cadbury bunny can lay an Easter egg, Then maybe piggy can too. Easter is coming. Or Equinox, if he is not a Christian piggy.

^ Yes, Route Optimization is very important also.. for the reasons mentioned above and also maximum points. I like to speed run it as much as possible. :-)

If a game has levels, then I generally only play for advancement through the game, not points. I like piggy's puzzleness regarding only having one path. I just think I have to get that timing for jumps honed in better. Edited by Sir Jay
  • Like 1

I cant wait to find those easter eggs... maybe someone familiar with the matter may find those eggs first...Man where did that bunny hide them.. lol

I'm hoping someone familiar with the matter might drop us a hint, like is it a secret place to find in the game, or is it a special code that we need to enter at a special time? Hey, I'm talking to you, whoever you are!

• Like 1

You know what we need is the Piggy Bank Tip Jar, that's what we need! :P

We could make a sign that is in the shape of an egg and as the tips come rolling in for BBWW we could color in more of the egg. And when it is filled to the top, BBWW will reveal the Easter egg. He probably needs a little extra money to see him through until the eBay value of all the piggy bank carts he is hoarding In his closet hit spiker money.

I'm hoping someone familiar with the matter might drop us a hint, like is it a secret place to find in the game, or is it a special code that we need to enter at a special time? Hey, I'm talking to you, whoever you are!

Concentrate, grasshoppah.

Clear your mind.

Think back to the origins of The Piggy, stretch your feelings, and sense the tendrils of inspired creation as they connect to previous conversations, gossips, sarcastic remarks, and dollar signs.

Then, and only then, will you see The Easter Egg.

Now, go, grasshoppah, do us proud.

If you finish the game, a web code will show and you get a prize! Any one who finishes by 4/1/16 can win. I will make the first winner a bigger prize from the BBWW galaxy of stars. After April 1st, only the first one to complete will get a prize.

• Like 2

Concentrate, grasshoppah.

Clear your mind.

Think back to the origins of The Piggy, stretch your feelings, and sense the tendrils of inspired creation as they connect to previous conversations, gossips, sarcastic remarks, and dollar signs.

Then, and only then, will you see The Easter Egg.

Now, go, grasshoppah, do us proud.

I'm waxing on and waxing off, but no luck yet. Maybe if I blindfold myself and use the power of the bacon.

If you finish the game, a web code will show and you get a prize! Any one who finishes by 4/1/16 can win. I will make the first winner a bigger prize from the BBWW galaxy of stars. After April 1st, only the first one to complete will get a prize.

Sweet. If I win do I own the Piggy Oasis?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...