IGNORED

Lynx music composing, workflow questions

jp48

Hi all,

I am prepared for a small chip gig, and would like to use Lynx as main (or only) instument.

A bunch of questions, of workflow, and tools needed.

First, I will not use Chipper, I will work only in terminal, I compose tracks with other means, mostly with my own programs.

Here's a workflow I am trying to resolve now:

1. MID2SASS (or possibly mod2lynx), both works for me, I prefer the first one

2. Using SASS DemoInstr.txt as starting point for sounds

3. Compiling a .lnx file of SASS outputs, no graphics, just the track, if possible in 256k mode

4. I will burn lnx to Mateos flashcart, there are 16 slots for 256k files, ie. 16 tracks, that would fill the my set easily. Even 512k, 8 tracks would be enough.

So, please need your help, what tools I need to construct this as simple as possible (not much time, a bit more than a month). Lyxass, HMCC, etc, BLL-kit ?

Thanks for advance !!

-Jukka

Chipper as well as HandyMusic contain the needed source code.

The music itself is anyway stored as assembler code.

Chipper is only a frontend to exportthe code.a

Both is based on BLL kit, thus lyxass and lynxdir to craete the ROMs.

if you check the chipper package, you will find all needed source code including lyxass and lynxdir to craeet the roms. you "just" have to modify the music file itself.

OK, thanks Sage, I am just browsing all these, I made a short track in MIDI, converted it by MID2SASS, tried to convert it to .mus with HMCC, didn't work until I added some info from SASS example files. I have now .mus (not sure if it is correctly compiled, didn't accept any other address as 0, not $b000 etc). Anyway I found how to build from Handymusic BUILD folder, it contains apparently all needed.

No other way than HandyAudition, damn, OK, let's first try to get that working :) !

Thanks !

• 2 months later...

Chipper as well as HandyMusic contain the needed source code.

The music itself is anyway stored as assembler code.

Chipper is only a frontend to exportthe code.a

Both is based on BLL kit, thus lyxass and lynxdir to craete the ROMs.

if you check the chipper package, you will find all needed source code including lyxass and lynxdir to craeet the roms. you "just" have to modify the music file itself.

Hey Sage,

did we not met 1997 at Inter Jam? not sure... :D long time...

btw... where can I download the Chipper 2.0 pack? and is there any assembler example of including music in my projects available?

Hi Heaven,

might very well be...

the full assembler source is included, assmbler as well as lynxdir. if you click on create rom, a rom will be assembled from included source.

no there is no 2.0

there is an pre 2.0 version not public distributed which includes a mini file importer, but i messed something up with the replayer in that version and never got the drive to fix it. not enough interest and time.