IGNORED

Looking to get a ti99/4a

dabone

I never had a 99/4a growing up, but I'm thinking about adding one currently.

My collection currently has Commodores, Apples, Atari, TRS-80's, Coco's, and early PC's.

My goal with the 99 is having a standard unit and a multicart to play with it occasionally. What cart is available for purchase just to show off the old system?

(I'm looking for a Ti equivalent of the megarom cart for the Vic-20, just plug in and enjoy alot of games..)

Thanks,

Later,

dabone

In a nutshell the best thing to get would be the 2048 multigames 1-4 cart.. that has the most games in one cartridge.. It requires memory expansion to work so you will either need to purchase a sidecar 32k expansion, nanopeb, cf7 OR modified console with 32k onboard. There are some made available periodically via the forum here. And of course there are ebay auctions for some of these items.

Greg

I already ordered one, but you show out of stock on it anyway.

On a side note, can any of the emulators run the multirom images? I was going to play around while I wait for the computer, ram upgrade, and cart.

I build up stock and sell them over time one will be available soon.. Was waiting on some parts that arrived today to build more.

Ok, 32k 8 bit memory upgrade installed, but I'm currently unable to test it. (I have nothing but the machine, no carts, nothing....)

Just on a side note, it works alot better if you mount the 7421 to the CORRECT 74138.... Doh!.

Now awaiting my multicart.

Later,

dabone

• Like 2

There is a way to determine size of RAM in BASIC... You can use DIM statements to reserve space in RAM for your variables. I don't remember exactly how I did it before, but I'm sure someone will remember how to do it. I don't have my TI set up right now, but I will have it up and running later this week, in case someone can't get you the test you need before then.

Welcome to the forum. :)

There is a way to determine size of RAM in BASIC... You can use DIM statements to reserve space in RAM for your variables. I don't remember exactly how I did it before, but I'm sure someone will remember how to do it. I don't have my TI set up right now, but I will have it up and running later this week, in case someone can't get you the test you need before then.

Welcome to the forum. :)

The technique I always remembered was:

10 A=A+8
20 GOSUB 10
Run that, when it runs out of memory, PRINT A. (Something nags me that I have the number wrong...)

But it doesn't matter in this case, TI BASIC can't use the 32k memory expansion, it only uses the 16k VRAM.

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a dirty cartridge port at first--you might want to double check that you don't have the evil cartridge port felt still in there (it coats the cartridge fingers with oil, but it also collects dust and other crap until it starts shorting everything out (metal dust is a bad thing).