IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 5 = Pac-Man

S.BAZ

What a ghastly, horrible thing. The collision detection seems to be based on the idea of "hey - two sprites are just about to contact each other - close enough!"

attachicon.gifPac-Man (1982) (Atari).png

It's more like "One tiny pixel on this sprite just brushed up against one tiny pixel of that other sprite two animation frames ago. Pac-Man's dead."

post-5573-0-81501800-1455728042_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

For this season of 2600 NEW HSC, my goal is to finish on Bronze Medal Zone - 17th to 24th place - and try to win one more different medal.

So, I'm not worried with my ranking!

I read this and the first thing I thought of was the company softball team I played on several years ago. The league we were in had a recreational division for guys like us who just wanted an excuse to goof around and hang out on Sundays and a competitive division for guys who took softball way. too. seriously. One year one of the competitive teams signed up for the recreational division so they could win a championship by beating the snot out of a bunch of teams that were just there to hang out and have some fun.

• Like 3

When I was kid, and this game was new, I played it a lot. I didn't care that it wasn't exactly like the arcade game. I was playing Pac-Man, at home, without the need for quarters. I'm pretty sure I remember usually playing Game 3 back then, maybe Game 1 for a "Challenge".

More recently whenever I played it I would just play Game 1, I didn't really delve into a manual to look at my options.

But I gotta say, I really like Game 6A! This has been the most fun I've had with Atari 2600 Pac-Man since back in the Ferg! I hope I get more of a chance to play this weekend and improve on this score.

(Gotta love that color palette, eh?)

post-41431-0-90135900-1455941132_thumb.png

• Like 5