MIKE5200

which 5200 model do you own?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. which 5200 model do you own?

• 2 Port System
    • 4 Port System
    • Both

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Thanks for putting this up! Just added my 4 port.

USA-made 4-port, Serial no. 141101, given to me brand new back on May 19th, 1983 as my 17th Birthday present, I still loyally own it today and would like to get it an A/V/power conversion nowadays, I even have a vintage late-1990s Trinitron to go with it.

Maybe its just my systems/setup, but have any of you noticed a difference in picture quality between your 2 and 4 port models. Neither of my systems are modded, but my 4 port picture is crisp. I purchased a new switch box for it, but the RF cable is the one that came with the console. My 2-port didn't look as crisp, the games were a bit staticy, so I tried to buy a replacement RF, but Best was out of stock.

I ended purchasing an RF Filter (RadioShack RF Interference Filter #1500025) and that made a big difference.

RF Filter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMGM23E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I have a two port I found at a goodwill. After modding the controllers, it has become my second favorite console of my collection.

Has anyone considered doing a serial # list for the 5200? Might be interesting see see what revisions go where. The 7800 serial #list is interesting in thar regard.

I have a two port I found at a goodwill. After modding the controllers, it has become my second favorite console of my collection.

Has anyone considered doing a serial # list for the 5200? Might be interesting see see what revisions go where. The 7800 serial #list is interesting in thar regard.

Should be here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/171005-5200-serial-number-thread/page-1

• 2 weeks later...