IGNORED

Quick Gremlins question or two

Henry Lee

I just opened a NIB Gremlins (from Ebay) to find out there is no manual or registration card... just the cartridge. Happened to you? Should a suspect the box was opened and then glued back? ... or since Gremlins was one of the last games on the market, it might be normal to expect such an example.

Henry

There should be a manual that comes in the box plus a card of some sort. Was the box in factory shrinkwrap? I have never come across this myself and the most likely case scenario is the seller maybe has a spare box and game without the manual and wanted it for himself. I'd contact him about this.

The later Atari Corp version of the boxes weren't shrink-wrapped and I never seen a shrink-wrapped Gremlins, but maybe I am mistaking. Mine wasn't. Before contacting the seller , I just want to make sure if it is not a production run error....

I haven't been lucky with NIB Atari 5200 games lately, Berzerk box came brutally murdered with an X-acto probably at customs...

Edited by Henry Lee

Actually, Atari Inc boxes were shrink-wrapped and with a hook, I have seen brown factory boxes containing multiple games which were shrink-wrapped.

Interesting I just I opened Missile Command and Pac-Man both from Atari Corp. Both of them have the manual, the Atari Corp Card and --only one-- controller overlay card on back of the cartridge...

• Like 1

By the nature of an error is always rare but always possible.

Did you play the game yet?

If not you may be able to tell by looking at the contacts. If there are scratches on the gold contacts then you have a used game and a reseal for sure.

Edited by Buyatari

Yes, excited, I played the game and I noticed later the cartridge was used. The back has many small scratches and the label has a couple marks. Anyways, I bought Gremlins with a couple of common titles for 10$US (but with shipping and the conversion to weak Canadian currency, it came to 50$CND) I am still happy paying the game after so many years!